• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just take the 's' out of https:// and it works fine. That's all I did to your link.

:suds:
thanks i always remember its something simple and i know it was editing part of the link i just always forget because i barely post them.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huskies are gonna have a rough year next year. team still figuring out the offense, losing a lot on D. and a brutal schedule.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legit question to Husky fans and really anyone

Thoughts on Chris Peterson?

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I've been on multiple websites and no one knows wtf is going on. Brax Uncles said he was staying (not sure how muh weight that holds). If he were to transfer it would be out of the conference and schools like LSU, Oregon, and FSU have come up.

JT has the most upside as he is only a freshman so I want him to stay the most.

Jones could leave for the draft but has said he wants to get his degree.

If all three stay I guarantee Brax moves to a different position like wing back

I've heard this! If there was a possible way for you guys to get better, there it is! Good Lord! :gaah:

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard this! If there was a possible way for you guys to get better, there it is! Good Lord! :gaah:

Thing I'm afraid of it the situation dividing the locker room. Like some players take JT's side while others take CJ's. But Urban is the best and he'll figure it out.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts on Chris Peterson?

Good hire will come about but will take time. just like most coaching changes. one would think that coming off 9 wins it would be easier but it was a rebuilding year anyway losing Price, Sankey, ASJ plus new coach. now for losing 3 all Americans on D this year. and like i said schedule next season with opening @ Boise, Utah state 2 weeks later then starting from Oct 8 all in a row you have @USC, Oregon, @Stanford, Arizona, Utah, @Arizona State. Im thinking lucky to get a bowl next year.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he is a more proven coach than Sark.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahalak is RFresh pro style while Waller will be true Dual threat so hard to compare just yet Mahalak will have advantage of extra year there. but I believe Waller just enrolled so will be there for spring

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts on Chris Petersen?
Hard to judge him on his first season given his best QB he inherited can barely hit a screen pass in stride, he had to dismiss his best receiver before spring ball, said QB was suspended for all of spring and the first game missing all of that exposure to the new staff and schemes, their second best WR had to be moved to CB after they dismissed a first round draft quality CB, they had so many injuries at RB that they were forced to move one of their starting LB's to RB for a couple of games, and at times it seemed the kids from Sark were not always totally buying into what they were doing.

There was a complete culture change he brought in. If he was closer to what Sark was they probably win 10 games with the same kids. Especially since there isn't much chance a Sark like coach would have dismissed so many players of that caliber.

He has a huge test ahead of him this spring. Stick with the Sophomore QB that has experience and yet obvious very limited ceiling? The RS freshman that was fairly highly touted coming out of HS? Or the true freshman already in school that crushed several national HS records including TD's for a career?

If he stays with Miles and there isn't MASSIVE improvement by him there will be a huge revolt. He doesn't have years to build a team in Seattle. No doubt he feels that pressure already. The safe play will be Carta-Samuels (the RSF). The bold move will be Jake Browning (check out his stats. They will blow you away). The risky move is staying with the incumbent. GET THAT RIGHT OR GTFO.

Wins/losses? Obviously they are rebuilding and losing so many talented kids to the NFL this year will hurt. Most of us just want to see Miles take a long walk off a short pier. The record won't be as important as fixing that for the next couple of years.
Better coach for them then Sark?
Way too early to even discuss that. No one knows if he can take this massive increase of pressure and excel with it or not. He can't know the answer to that either.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Browning | MaxPreps
Browning, who will begin classes at Washington on Jan. 5, wrapped up his historic prep career Friday night by throwing for 443 yards and six touchdowns to lead Folsom High to a 68-7 victory over previously undefeated Oceanside in the California Division I championship game in Carson, Calif.

Browning finished his senior season with a national-record 91 touchdown passes — and just seven interceptions — in Folsom’s 16-0 season. Earlier this month, Browning broke the national record for career touchdown passes, now settled at 229.
He set the national career record and only started 3 years at his HS. He was also the teams punter and only punted 3 times last season. He's a scoring machine.

I think a lot of our fans want to see him RS and put some damned meat on his bones. He's no threat at running, but the film I've seen on him is amazing in the passing game. There isn't a throw he can't complete.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for the detailed response

Why all the kids dismissed from the team?

I agree 1 year is not enough time to tell at all. I really hope they give him a chance to build something up there. At the very least 4 years so he can get a full recruiting class in. what he did at Boise was spectacular and hopefully he can transfer it to Washington (reminds me of Urbs at Utah).

How did you all feel about Sark leaving for another Pac school. I honestly thought it was a bad hire for USC but how did Husky fans feel?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You concede that you don't know or don't care about that factual answer to the question of who shows up for big games (USC of the Pete days or this version of Oregon). Then why even enter the conversation. I made a statement I wasn't answering anyone. I made a statement. You interjected yourself with your analysis of the Pete Carroll days. Then you asked for clarification of the two teams records in big games (BCS).
Now you just skip over the ever so easy answer to your question and whine about decorum. Considering some of the back and forth I've seen between some of these guys here I have gone no where close to where you should be acting like 12 year old girl with her feelings hurt. You asked a question. The answer is BCS games USC 6-1 or 5-1 and Oregon 3-3. How about you get over your feelings and ponder which is better and when the man in you decides to show up give us a big boy answer.
First, I see more insults are on the table, nice reply answering a fellow posters who stated they had a high regard and expectation of your virtue as a poster on these boards.

Well done Sir! :lol:

Don't worry, I wont make that mistake again, now that I know who I am dealing with. I really thought you would or could embrace the man of character I thought I was dealing with however I see now that I was wrong. Sad really.

So on to your 'statement'. Sure you made this statement, about not wanting to hear Oregon compared to Pete Carrol in 'big games' nearly 24 hours after Oregon's loss in the 'big game'.

I thought it safe to assume you were talking about National Title games so I made my 'statement' and as I stated then, you didn't want to hear what others might have to say about USC's title games.

I see now, after hearing some of your twisted logic, that you were actually talking about BCS games as 'big games' even though your comment came on the heals of Oregon suffering a loss in the 'big game' the night prior in the College Football Playoffs which of course is not a BCS game.

Stay with me....

You then provide numbers to back up your assertion of USC as 5-1 (.833), after the vacate, in BCS games and Oregon as 3-3 (.500) but that is incorrect.

Sorry soldier but Oregon in BCS games was actually 3-2 (.600) and if you want to include this year's College Football playoffs as you attempted to do, Oregon is 4-3 (.517) and not 3-3 (.500) as you listed. Nice of you to forget to add the Rose Bowl win over unbeaten FSU this year.

I can admit that USC has a nice edge in the overall record as you described the big games but is it so compelling to rub it in the face of Duck fans immediately following a heart wrenching loss?

I don't think so!

Status
Not open for further replies.