• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sucks to hear, we just lost one of our WR's for the bowl game, because of a knee injury.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ifo tore his ACL......next man up!!!!

This is a serious blow, but hopefully the Ducks can dig deep and find a way to replace him

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to hear, we just lost one of our WR's for the bowl game, because of a knee injury.

What is that loud clapping coming in from the southeast? High draft pick too. Hope he's well insured.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Oregon to fail more than the FSU fans do, but anyone 'loudly clapping' a kid getting hurt should be shot.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Oregon to fail more than the FSU fans do, but anyone 'loudly clapping' a kid getting hurt should be shot.

Actually, Wiz, I admit I never heard anyone clapping. I made that up. :doh: But you know injuries are a big part of football; without rejoicing at the occurrence one can recognize that an advantage to their cause has occurred. Any expression of condolence would likely be construed as self serving anyway. But I would be surprised if many true Oregon haters share your sorrow though.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Wiz, I admit I never heard anyone clapping. I made that up. :doh: But you know injuries are a big part of football; without rejoicing at the occurrence one can recognize that an advantage to their cause has occurred. Any expression of condolence would likely be construed as self serving anyway. But I would be surprised if many true Oregon haters share your sorrow though.

You can feel sorry for the kid and still be happy for the fortune it brings, it's just the clapping/cheering part that's a bit over the top.

I'm sure we aren't all unhappy up here about the various QB's and RB's Arizona has lost off it's pro team going into this week either.

:suds:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can feel sorry for the kid and still be happy for the fortune it brings, it's just the clapping/cheering part that's a bit over the top.

I'm sure we aren't all unhappy up here about the various QB's and RB's Arizona has lost off it's pro team going into this week either.

:suds:

Players on pro teams are very well compensated for the risks and face guys who know how to hurt them. Part of the job description: sign with a financial manager who makes house calls.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. No wonder Petersen and the coaches finally said enough and kicked his ass to the curb where it belongs.

Report: Former Washington Huskies CB Marcus Peters choked assistant coach during argument

It was widely known that former Washington Huskies cornerback Marcus Peters butted heads with coaches prior to his dismissal from the program in November, but an account published Wednesday detailed a much uglier scenario than initially reported.

“Peters was suspended and later dismissed from the Huskies football team after multiple incidents of ‘arguing’ with members of the Huskies coaching staff,” the NFL.com “Sources Tell Us” report stated. “The veteran scout said he witnessed one argument escalate into much more; Peters grabbed the assistant coach by the throat and started choking him, the scout reported.”

There’s no indication of when exactly the alleged episode occurred, but a conflict with an assistant coach was reportedly the last straw for Petersen when he dismissed Peters on Nov. 6, though he said at the time that there was no one incident that led to the star defensive back’s ouster from Montlake.

Petersen had already suspended Peters for the Huskies’ Sept. 13 game against Illinois after the junior’s sideline tantrum following a personal foul penalty against Eastern Washington on Sept. 6.

The NFL.com article said that while scouts have major concerns about his behavior, many consider Peters an elite talent, with one talent evaluator calling him the “best cover corner prospect I’ve seen in the last 14 years.”

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While this Duck CB is out, one should remember his best year was last year and not this year. The CB on the other side has been better THIS YEAR.

As Shaver has said above..."Plug-n-play another.".

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. No wonder Petersen and the coaches finally said enough and kicked his ass to the curb where it belongs.

Report: Former Washington Huskies CB Marcus Peters choked assistant coach during argument

It was widely known that former Washington Huskies cornerback Marcus Peters butted heads with coaches prior to his dismissal from the program in November, but an account published Wednesday detailed a much uglier scenario than initially reported.

“Peters was suspended and later dismissed from the Huskies football team after multiple incidents of ‘arguing’ with members of the Huskies coaching staff,” the NFL.com “Sources Tell Us” report stated. “The veteran scout said he witnessed one argument escalate into much more; Peters grabbed the assistant coach by the throat and started choking him, the scout reported.”

There’s no indication of when exactly the alleged episode occurred, but a conflict with an assistant coach was reportedly the last straw for Petersen when he dismissed Peters on Nov. 6, though he said at the time that there was no one incident that led to the star defensive back’s ouster from Montlake.

Petersen had already suspended Peters for the Huskies’ Sept. 13 game against Illinois after the junior’s sideline tantrum following a personal foul penalty against Eastern Washington on Sept. 6.

The NFL.com article said that while scouts have major concerns about his behavior, many consider Peters an elite talent, with one talent evaluator calling him the “best cover corner prospect I’ve seen in the last 14 years.”

With this report where do you think he'll go in the draft? I'm thinking late third round, and crossing my fingers the Cards pick him up. Arians and his crew seem to have a knack for reforming problem players.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mikeleach2.jpg

In the last 24 hours, the Cougs 2015 class went from No.40 or higher to cracking the Top30 and now has at least 4 4-star commits based on most recruiting sites. Arrrrrrrr........

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this report where do you think he'll go in the draft? I'm thinking late third round, and crossing my fingers the Cards pick him up. Arians and his crew seem to have a knack for reforming problem players.

Considering the emphasis on DBs in the 2014 draft, expect the trend to continue. Unless he chokes everyone at the combine, he'll go late 1st/early 2nd. A few NFL teams don't give a rip about this kind of behavior out their players.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the emphasis on DBs in the 2014 draft, expect the trend to continue. Unless he chokes everyone at the combine, he'll go late 1st/early 2nd. A few NFL teams don't give a rip about this kind of behavior out their players.

You ccould be right. It might come down to how he performs at the combine. He obviously won't be at Washington's pro day. If he has a great combine I could see him where you're saying. If he under performs I could see him late third early fourth.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mikeleach2.jpg

In the last 24 hours, the Cougs 2015 class went from No.40 or higher to cracking the Top30 and now has at least 4 4-star commits based on most recruiting sites. Arrrrrrrr........

That doesn't bode well for Wazzy and his ilk that want his ouster at any cost. His offense has been building and now his recruiting class is piling on talent.

If they find a quality DC they will spoil a few teams season next year.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Oly! That was the greatest moment I have ever seen on twitter.

Not only getting Phil Steele to take advice but saying " it is a great idea" !!!

Fantastic man. Oly's idea will be published in 2015's Steele CFB bible.

:10:

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latrelle Spreewell thinks Marcus Peters is a punk bitch

Status
Not open for further replies.