• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington QB commit Jake Browning has broken the national record for touchdown passes in a career for HS QBs.

220 touchdowns.

mind_blown.gif

Woof!!!

Holy shit -- 220 TD's -- Damnnnn

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious if the rumors about Braxton Miller transferring to Oregon next year will pan out. After seeing the way Barrett played and watching Jones today That's going to be a hard fought position battle next year.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious if the rumors about Braxton Miller transferring to Oregon next year will pan out. After seeing the way Barrett played and watching Jones today That's going to be a hard fought position battle next year.

Is it even plausible considering he would most likely have to sit out a year?

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it even plausible considering he would most likely have to sit out a year?

He's officially graduated, so as long as he enters a graduate program at Oregon they don't have at Ohio State he can transfer with no penalty. Russel Wilson did it for his last year of eligibility a few years back.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be cool to have Miller transfer to Oregon, but is thst something we really want? He would be one and done and instead we could be working with a younger QB for the long haul. I'll take a sophomore or JR QB who we get for 2-3 years over a one and done guy who we have to replace immediately.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) no idea if Braxton will even be able to throw the ball. Forget about throwing it effectively.
2) if Braxton can throw, he will start at OSU. JTB will be 2nd, Cardale 3rd.
3) if Braxton can't throw, who would want him? JTB will start, Cardale 2nd, Stephen Collier 3rd.

Not transferring.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be cool to have Miller transfer to Oregon, but is thst something we really want? He would be one and done and instead we could be working with a younger QB for the long haul. I'll take a sophomore or JR QB who we get for 2-3 years over a one and done guy who we have to replace immediately.

Honestly, I dunno. I think if healthy there's no reason to not get him to Eugene, having another Heisman hopeful the year after Mariota leaves would help with recruiting. I'm not sold of Lockie and Mahalak could probably use a second year as a back up. I think the Ducks still win 10+ next year but having an experienced QB making the calls would provide for a smaller drop off.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) no idea if Braxton will even be able to throw the ball. Forget about throwing it effectively.
3) if Braxton can't throw, who would want him? JTB will start, Cardale 2nd, Stephen Collier 3rd.

Not transferring.

I'd say if he's healthy there's a 45-50% chance he'll transfer. With JTB and Cardale pushing hard from behind it might be better for all parties to move on. If he's close with the other QBs he might be magnanimous enough to transfer and let JTB take ownership of the Bucks.

I honestly don't know what the kid's character is. I don't recall seeing any stories about him on extracurricular crab leg acquisition or the like. :whistle: What kind of kid do tOSU fan perceive him as?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Plus, you don't know how the guys who are currently looking at battling for the starting job will react to it. You also don't know how Miller will react. He'll come in expecting to start. What if he can't beat out the guys that are already there?

The only reason that I could see for Oregon to do it would be if they didn't already have a qb or 2 that they are high on. From what I've read, that doesn't seem to be the case.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @the media trying to create a controversy where none exists. It's the NFL, but it involves former PAC guys, so posting it here. With the Seahawks and Eagles playing today, it looks like reporters want a Carroll/Sanchez or Carroll/Kelly controversy. Unfortunately for them, no one is biting.

Sanchez on Carroll:

We just disagreed and it became something that seemed bigger than it really was. I love Coach Carroll. I always have and I always will. I think he's one of the best, not just coaches, but people I've been around. He's more than just a coach; he's a teacher and I took that as a form of respect as him wanting me back on his team and that means the world to me because I had so much fun playing for him

Carroll on Sanchez:

We just had a difference of opinion at the time. I love Mark. He's always been a great kid and I'll always be close to him, follow him and cheer for him.

Carroll on Kelly:

I think the world of Chip. He's done an extraordinary job. He's affected the whole landscape of college football and now he's affecting the NFL ranks in great fashion.

Kelly on Carroll, speaking about visiting a Seahawks practice when he was still at Oregon:

I was impressed with how organized his practices were, what attention to detail he has and the small minute things that people may think are minute but they can be the difference between winning and losing a game. How he covered situational football all the time, how he puts his teams in competitive situations.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington QB commit Jake Browning has broken the national record for touchdown passes in a career for HS QBs.

220 touchdowns.

mind_blown.gif

Woof!!!

220? In a high school career? Even if he started is Freshman year that number is unreal.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or the second coming in Morgan Mahalak who will be a RS freshman next season.

Also has sat and learned under Mariota for a season. I am not sure Miller has an accurate enough arm to lead Oregon's offense.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not heard to many ARIZONA fans bitchin about the refs or injuries. I have to laugh.
The day before the game, on espud there was some guy writing that if AZ won it was because of the refas.
So what! Does this mean Oregon won because the refs were on YOUR side?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
220? In a high school career? Even if he started is Freshman year that number is unreal.
He didn't start as a freshman. He was a 3 year starter. He would have buried the record for good if he had been a 4 year starter.

It's high school which doesn't mean anything at the college level, but what this kid did to California HS teams was unreal. Not only was he the QB for those three years, but he was also the punter. He had a grand total of 3 punts in his career! (because they basically never punt). One team was so desperate to try and keep him from completing passes against their defense that they went out and dropped 11 DB's (he still scored on them).

The question on him is his size and arm speed. He's 6'2, but only 185lbs. I think I've taken a dump that weighed more once. And while he can go anywhere on the field at any time with pinpoint accuracy, he doesn't have tremendous ball speed (see his small size as a likely reason).

Still, this last year: 84 TD's 4 Ints. Just under 360y/game.

Obviously I only know about this kid because he's a Husky, but he's one of the greatest high school QB's I've ever seen. Again, doesn't mean it will translate to the college level. He likely needs to sit out at least a year and get some damned meat on those bones. There are a few defenses in the Pac that would love a 185lb snack.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING: College Football Playoff is set.
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Florida State
4. Ohio State

Bama and tOSU in Sugar

Oregon and FSU in Rose

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not transferring.

LOL You are in for a rude awakening. I doubt Miller comes to Oregon but he is definitely gone. Why would they just throw JTB under the bus after being a Heisman front runner. The job is his.

And if Braxton did get the job. Why would Jones and Barrett stick around?

If you think all 3 of those QBs are on OSU next year you are legit insane.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't start as a freshman. He was a 3 year starter. He would have buried the record for good if he had been a 4 year starter.

It's high school which doesn't mean anything at the college level, but what this kid did to California HS teams was unreal. Not only was he the QB for those three years, but he was also the punter. He had a grand total of 3 punts in his career! (because they basically never punt). One team was so desperate to try and keep him from completing passes against their defense that they went out and dropped 11 DB's (he still scored on them).

The question on him is his size and arm speed. He's 6'2, but only 185lbs. I think I've taken a dump that weighed more once. And while he can go anywhere on the field at any time with pinpoint accuracy, he doesn't have tremendous ball speed (see his small size as a likely reason).

Still, this last year: 84 TD's 4 Ints. Just under 360y/game.

Obviously I only know about this kid because he's a Husky, but he's one of the greatest high school QB's I've ever seen. Again, doesn't mean it will translate to the college level. He likely needs to sit out at least a year and get some damned meat on those bones. There are a few defenses in the Pac that would love a 185lb snack.

Imagine what Huskie OC Jonathon Smith is going to do with this Browning kid? Time for the Dawgs to stop whining and get with the program here.

HA! :pound:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reaction to CFP committee unveiling of playoff

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x_y6AA7d70c[/ame]

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine what Huskie OC Jonathon Smith is going to do with this Browning kid? Time for the Dawgs to stop whining and get with the program here.

HA! :pound:

We also landed K.J. Carta-Samuels (6'2" - 228) with Petersens first class and redshirted him this past season. He was rated as one of the Top10 pro-style QBs in the nation and invited to U.S. Army All-American.

Browning will most likely redshirt next year. As pointed out, he'll need to hit the weight room a lot before starting in a college game. But between those two, Petersen is already telegraphing he'll be passing the ball a lot with his offense.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you see us playing in our bowl TF would love LSU but it doesn't fit the format. Could see Arizona vs wisely or much state with asu getting the other. I think we may get g tech . Not home missing the selection show

Status
Not open for further replies.