• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The only conferences with ranked teams playing ranked opponents are:

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're on a bye. And this whole exercise is a joke if Wisconsin isn't even ranked in the BCS.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Threads like this show just how much ESPN has screwed up college ball. People do not support their team anymore, they run their mouth about which league they play in. I long for the days of all the old Eastern independents playing a super regional schedule where there were no loyalties to a conference. When I see OSU fans rooting FOR Michigan to make the LEAGUE look better it speaks volumes.......

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Threads like this show just how much ESPN has screwed up college ball. People do not support their team anymore, they run their mouth about which league they play in. I long for the days of all the old Eastern independents playing a super regional schedule where there were no loyalties to a conference. When I see OSU fans rooting FOR Michigan to make the LEAGUE look better it speaks volumes.......

Fucking this. ^^^^^

Expand the playoffs so this bullshit can end.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2/3 Oregon
#19 Florida
#6 Georgia
#11 South Carolina
#1 Alabama
#5 Missouri
#11 Auburn

78616-GO-FUCK-YOURSELF-gif-Anchorman-rdmK.gif

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're on a bye. And this whole exercise is a joke if Wisconsin isn't even ranked in the BCS.

Yes, I think Wisconsin should be in the top 25. Problem is the loss to Penn State who lost to NW, Ind, and UCF.....not good. Actually Wisconsin did everything(I was at that game) but win at State College, however the polls don't seem to take those intangibles into consideration. Even a good showing against Ohio State will not help. Seems to me a close loss to a highly ranked team is better than blowing out a Div II team.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think Wisconsin should be in the top 25. Problem is the loss to Penn State who lost to NW, Ind, and UCF.....not good. Actually Wisconsin did everything(I was at that game) but win at State College, however the polls don't seem to take those intangibles into consideration. Even a good showing against Ohio State will not help. Seems to me a close loss to a highly ranked team is better than blowing out a Div II team.

the close loss to ohio state is probably the best thing on wisconsin's resume. or the drubbing or a meh northwestern team. the problem with that loss to ohio state is nobody really knows how good they are. sure, they are sitting up in the top 5, but it is entirely possible they aren't one of the 10 or even 15 best teams in the country. call it louisville syndrome.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can the SEC have all those ranked teams and yet none play each other?

Seems mathematically impossible.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the close loss to ohio state is probably the best thing on wisconsin's resume. or the drubbing or a meh northwestern team. the problem with that loss to ohio state is nobody really knows how good they are. sure, they are sitting up in the top 5, but it is entirely possible they aren't one of the 10 or even 15 best teams in the country. call it louisville syndrome.

So you don't pay attention to recruiting or how good a proven coach is ?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't pay attention to recruiting or how good a proven coach is ?

no, i do. and that's why i don't really have that big of a problem with their ranking (i think i put them at #6 in my poll this week).

but recruiting and quality of coaching are some of the reasons you see 7-9 SEC teams in the top 30, which so many of you people balk at. it works both ways.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can the SEC have all those ranked teams and yet none play each other?

Seems mathematically impossible.

south carolina plays missouri this weekend. last weekend there were 4 SEC teams playing ranked opponents. this week, a few ranked SEC teams have byes/non-conference opponents.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wisky lost to PSU? :noidea:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but recruiting and quality of coaching are some of the reasons you see 7-9 SEC teams in the top 30, which so many of you people balk at. it works both ways.

Not every SEC team has a proven coach.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean last year? We haven't played Penn State this year. Our first loss was on a botched call at Arizona State, and then at Ohio State (by a TD).

What team are you talking about, Michigan?

Thank you for proving why these polls are stupid. You're all kidding yourselves if you think voters aren't making this exact same kind of fuck-up when they think about their rankings.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^

Sorry BigApple....I do have it wrong...it was Michigan at Penn State and I was at that game....Don't know what got into my head. That said, still think Wisconsin should be ranked. At any rate, we agree that the ranking system is not done well.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we all agree that the rankings are complete bullshit, and then we bitch and moan that there aren't enough matchups between teams that are ranked in said bullshit rankings.

Do I have that right?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we all agree that the rankings are complete bullshit, and then we bitch and moan that there aren't enough matchups between teams that are ranked in said bullshit rankings.

Do I have that right?

Sounds legit.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo haterz....I'm taking this new pill to make my cum taste like strawberries......can someone tell me if it's working?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo haterz....I'm taking this new pill to make my cum taste like strawberries......can someone tell me if it's working?
Is your mom tired of the sour mayo taste?