• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The one and done

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
off the top of my head, America is the only country that relies on colleges to develop talent for their most prominent sports. it's actually insane when you think about it

why change it up now? is it because they're pissed at the NCAA for the "No more corrupt uncles can serve as agents for these kids" rule?

the paragraph about how the NBA wants to be in charge of development for the top american prospects speaks volumes. It reads to me that the NBA isn't thrilled with the prospect of Europeans being the new faces of the NBA

Then they need to pony up.

I'm find with the european academy model. But it wont' pass all the other regulatory hurdles we have for kids here.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This won't hurt the NCAA. Kids used to skip college to go to the NBA all the time. College basketball will always have a big stage.
May not hurt the revenue, but I may end up losing a little interest.
The "One and Done" has done a good thing for smaller schools. It has made it so that they can actually compete in the NCAA Tourney. Each year we have seen a smaller school with a mostly senior stocked team do well and knock off a big school that doesn't have experience, but has 1-3 freshman studs.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he was in the prep to pros era. Could have left from high school but decided to spend a year in school.

Yep think they were the last year weren't they?

OSU just missed lebron