• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The offseason stuff thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't love the $4.5 price tag for an unknown commodity but I am optimistic. Although this kills the chances of a lot of younger/fringe guys. I think we probably wind up dealing someone.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't love the $4.5 price tag for an unknown commodity but I am optimistic. Although this kills the chances of a lot of younger/fringe guys. I think we probably wind up dealing someone.

Send us that Hughes kid, that way we look foolish if he busts.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pickup for the Devils. They're having a pretty good offseason.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Kunitz Announces Retirement

One of the
images
is hanging it up.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ottawa Senators announced today the team has acquired forward Ryan Callahan from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for goaltender Mike Condon. As part of the transaction, the Senators will also receive Tampa Bay's fifth-round draft pick in the 2020 NHL Draft while the Lightning will receive Ottawa's sixth-round selection.

Callahan, 34, has one season remaining on his contract and was placed on long-term injured reserve after suffering a career-ending back injury and a degenerative back disease diagnosis this past season.

Senators acquire Ryan Callahan from Tampa Bay in exchange for Mike Condon

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ottawa Senators announced today the team has acquired forward Ryan Callahan from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for goaltender Mike Condon. As part of the transaction, the Senators will also receive Tampa Bay's fifth-round draft pick in the 2020 NHL Draft while the Lightning will receive Ottawa's sixth-round selection.

Callahan, 34, has one season remaining on his contract and was placed on long-term injured reserve after suffering a career-ending back injury and a degenerative back disease diagnosis this past season.

lol The Sens did what boy genius suggested

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After insurance payouts this saves the Sens a good couple of million in real dollars. I haven't delved too deep into the numbers but I believe that Melnyk is now paying out just over $40M in actual salary dollars this year. And I do believe that they get $33M in TV revenues. This guy is flat out stealing money. LOL.

I'm thinking Bettman will have to do something soon. Never thought we'd see this level of cap circumvention when it comes to the FLOOR but here we are.

Doesn't really matter to me in this particular trade because there was no place for Condon anyway, but it just goes to show the depth to which Euge will sink to line his own pockets/dig himself out of financial trouble he's built elsewhere in his "empire".

If I was a betting man I'd say he cashes his expansion cheque from Seattle then sells within a month.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Bettman will have to do something soon. Never thought we'd see this level of cap circumvention when it comes to the FLOOR but here we are.

Sens are currently at $65.9M in spend. Of that, $16M is on LTIR/buyout. Actual players on the ice will be under $50M.

A travesty.