• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Officially Official Off Season Thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did say they were open to that. I would have never thought so.

Defensively DDJ is better suited for LF. Whether Martin or someone else can fill the Cf spot is debatable I would like to see Martin come around and Rangers are very patient with players eventhose who ditch them. Wish list that does not exist is a power hitting CF with a rocket arm and great range. You need a lot of depth in lineup to fill a non hitting CF. Usually SS and catcher are the weak hitting positions

I do think we find one or two RHBs.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're probably going to need to balance out the lineup a little bit more with a right-handed presence -- ideally someone who can hit somewhere two through six in the order and balance out our otherwise very left-handed lineup.

We also are open to having Leonys (Martin) come back and be a lock-down centerfielder and having Delino potentially move to a corner and give us plus defense in the outfield. Now that's not necessarily the right-handed back in which we were speaking -- in fact its adding another left-handed bat -- but I think it's probably most likely going to occur through a creative trade that could open a spot on our existing team and we could then ultimately fill with a right-handed bat.

Creative trade??? Sounds very interesting. Who could they trade that would require creativity?

I like the sound of that. A creative trade that opens up s spot on the roster that they could fill with a RH bat. So they are probably looking to make a trade involving a left handed bat on the team currently that would require creativity. And then they would fill the spot, most likely through free agency, with a bat that could hit between 2 and 6 in the order. Sounds like a plan.

I would expect a trade of a LHB. Most likely Mitch. Hope we sign Nap and I bet someone else unless Rua can come through

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect a trade of a LHB. Most likely Mitch. Hope we sign Nap and I bet someone else unless Rua can come through
How much creativity would it take to trade Mitch though? That might be a part of it, but that doesn't seem to fulfill the part about creativity.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the story on Rua? Is he some kind of highly coveted rookie/prospect?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the story on Rua? Is he some kind of highly coveted rookie/prospect?
I don't think he would be that highly coveted. I do think he has some potential to be a steady MLB player though. He has a lot of versatility and has shown some offensive flashes in the minors and late in 2014 for the Rangers. Now if Bogar gets a position I could see him telling his GM to try and get Rua included in a trade because Rua did very well while Bogar was here.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never knew Adam Morris was such a fan of Wash. Adam had brought up on Twitter tonight that he thought that the idea that Wash was going to send in Chavez for Cruz in Game 6 was an urban legend. I tweeted him the link to the story where Chavez said he was told to go in before Wash changed his mind. Adam pretty much said Chavez was lying.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did say they were open to that. I would have never thought so.
He wasn't good enough to keep his position last year so the thought they have of Martin in CF and DDJ in LF makes no sense to me. He has a great arm and can go get the ball but is a mental midget. Our problem is we really have few options for CF. DDJ has a so-so arm and LF would be better suited for him.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't good enough to keep his position last year so the thought they have of Martin in CF and DDJ in LF makes no sense to me. He has a great arm and can go get the ball but is a mental midget. Our problem is we really have few options for CF. DDJ has a so-so arm and LF would be better suited for him.

So what do they do with Hamilton and his awesome post-season BA ?
Martin is clearly in need of some retooling but he is a good prospect. No need to give up on him now when he is oh so close to fine tuning his game.

Where does Profar end up in all this?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do they do with Hamilton and his awesome post-season BA ?
Martin is clearly in need of some retooling but he is a good prospect. No need to give up on him now when he is oh so close to fine tuning his game.

Where does Profar end up in all this?

Hamilton will be a part time LF/DH and almost constant occupier of a spot on the DL. But he cost us almost nothing.

Martin is in need of "retooling?" He still takes bad routes in CF just like he did 2 years ago. He hits about a buck and a quarter against LH pitchers, about 100 points better than that against RH, and has no plate discipline. He has terrific speed yet he's a horrible base runner. He made about $ 5 mil last season too. Lastly, he refused to be ready if needed for the PO! He needs at best an overhaul and at worst a lobotomy.

Since Profar hasn't played anywhere at any position for 2 years, no one has the foggiest of notions on where he'll end up. He's only DHing in winter ball.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never knew Adam Morris was such a fan of Wash. Adam had brought up on Twitter tonight that he thought that the idea that Wash was going to send in Chavez for Cruz in Game 6 was an urban legend. I tweeted him the link to the story where Chavez said he was told to go in before Wash changed his mind. Adam pretty much said Chavez was lying.

When I saw that I immediately thought of you. Ha. BTW. Morris was no huge fan of Wash and the 1st inning bunts overuse of MY.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton will be a part time LF/DH and almost constant occupier of a spot on the DL. But he cost us almost nothing.

Martin is in need of "retooling?" He still takes bad routes in CF just like he did 2 years ago. He hits about a buck and a quarter against LH pitchers, about 100 points better than that against RH, and has no plate discipline. He has terrific speed yet he's a horrible base runner. He made about $ 5 mil last season too. Lastly, he refused to be ready if needed for the PO! He needs at best an overhaul and at worst a lobotomy.

Since Profar hasn't played anywhere at any position for 2 years, no one has the foggiest of notions on where he'll end up. He's only DHing in winter ball.

Agree that it is long shot Martin will be on roster. His routes though have improved and is light years ahead of DDJ in centerfield due to arm. Like I have mentioned DDJ is better in LF. Martin may pan out but likely not here

Of course wonder in the what if category about Profar in CF. IMO too late but he looks like he has the tools. All around at least.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that it is long shot Martin will be on roster. His routes though have improved and is light years ahead of DDJ in centerfield due to arm. Like I have mentioned DDJ is better in LF. Martin may pan out but likely not here

Of course wonder in the what if category about Profar in CF. IMO too late but he looks like he has the tools. All around at least.

DeShields will never have the arm of Martin. Frankly, he's got a cannon which few can equal right now. But the routes DDJ took early on, got considerable better as the season progressed, and I look for his arm strength to be much better next season than last. Do remember he was a converted INF and only went to CF out of our necessity. Overall, DDJ will be a much improved player in center in 2016 IMO.

As far as Profar is concerned, it has yet to be seen if he can or will ever suit up again, much less have another change-of-position.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last I heard, the Rangers sent him to AZ for some retooling and he didn't show up. If I had my way he'd be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.