• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Officially Official Off Season Thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bogar will get a shot at managing soon. He seems like a smart guy and he's associated himself with successful managers in the past. I don't really care which team he eventually manages. Its all about chemistry. How he does with one team doesn't automatically mean he would have been a success in Texas. And vice versa with Banister. Bogar wasn't in Texas long enough to for me to form any kind of connection with him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect I've seen more baseball in my life than you. Not to be confused with KNOWING more, I've just seen more, b/c I'm older; not to be confused with wiser. Anyway, one of the things I've noticed is the patience, must-win-today philosophy is much, much greater than it's ever been before. That's why the "potential" Bogar managerial opp in Seattle could be interesting.

Hindsight and horseshit has never been more valuable.

However, had the Rangers named Bogar Mgr without doing a national search, I'd been fine with it.
You know you're not old when you've never seen an Aparicio/Fox DP. lol

Last edited:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit... it was 7-2 5 minutes ago and now it's 9-2. Love seeing the Royals putting the hurt on the BJ's.

And ain't you just hating on it? ha ha

It's ironic to me, although I've personally never been, I don't know a soul who's ever visited Toronto who don't just think it's one of the "must see/visit places" on the planet.

City is incredibly clean, people are courtesy/helpful/friendly, and the food is fantastic. So I'm told.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe dicey is too dicey-of-a-word to use here. How about interesting? In that, over the next 2 seasons if Seattle plays better, perhaps win something, and God forbid, we don't. You know it's gonna bring those "well, I was always in Bogar's corner" trolls outta the woodwork.

So can you understand/work with interesting?

I have to admit I was always in Bogar's corner as he proved himself with multiple manager of the year awards in the minors and did a really good job in the short time he was our manager. But at the same time I like most of what Banister does. There have been some real head scratching decisions but he has a good grasp on things for the most part.

And I agree with your thought that it could get dicey/interesting because it will be natural to compare and I really do not want Bogar to go to the Mariners because I thing he could turn them around.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ironic to me, although I've personally never been, I don't know a soul who's ever visited Toronto who don't just think it's one of the "must see/visit places" on the planet.

City is incredibly clean, people are courtesy/helpful/friendly, and the food is fantastic. So I'm told.

Never been either, but heard similar about it.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know you're old when you've never seen an Aparicio/Fox DP. lol
Amen. I have seen in person Maris/Mantle, Aaron, Torre, Cepeda, Gibson, Brock, Yaz and a whole bunch of players I cannot remember. Even saw the 1961 Washington Senators in person. Here is the boxscore of that game. Many Yankees we all know but not very many Senators. So yes, I am old too.

August 12, 1961 New York Yankees at Washington Senators Box Score and Play by Play | Baseball-Reference.com

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I agree with your thought that it could get dicey/interesting because it will be natural to compare and I really do not want Bogar to go to the Mariners because I thing he could turn them around.

Glad you made the difference between 'dicey" and "interesting.'' ha ha ha

I sure hope he gets an opportunity, but honestly, I'd hate it if it came with the Mariners. For several reasons.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit... it was 7-2 5 minutes ago and now it's 9-2. Love seeing the Royals putting the hurt on the BJ's.
I a with you on that. What a trash pile of a team. Well, some of them.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen in person Maris/Mantle, Aaron, Torre, Cepeda, Gibson, Brock, Yaz and a whole bunch of players I cannot remember.

I saw Yaz and Aaron.......woefully short, if I say so myself......Here's too ya sir........:suds:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen. I have seen in person Maris/Mantle, Aaron, Torre, Cepeda, Gibson, Brock, Yaz and a whole bunch of players I cannot remember. Even saw the 1961 Washington Senators in person. Here is the boxscore of that game. Many Yankees we all know but not very many Senators. So yes, I am old too.

August 12, 1961 New York Yankees at Washington Senators Box Score and Play by Play | Baseball-Reference.com
Believe it or not, I saw the Yanks and Senators in 1961 also.It was in NY. Was on my way to enter a war I wasn't ready for. That game produced homers by Mickey and Roger. We got seats behind 1st base dugout for 25 cents. Believe it or not.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dizzy Dean once said, Mantle looks good just striking out.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thad has eyes out for RHB and more SP. obvious needs

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, I saw the Yanks and Senators in 1961 also.It was in NY. Was on my way to enter a war I wasn't ready for. That game produced homers by Mickey and Roger. We got seats behind 1st base dugout for 25 cents. Believe it or not.
How ironic is that. That is really cool.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a road trip for the Stars so far.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thad has eyes out for RHB and more SP. obvious needs

we're probably going to need to balance out the lineup a little bit more with a right-handed presence -- ideally someone who can hit somewhere two through six in the order and balance out our otherwise very left-handed lineup.

We also are open to having Leonys (Martin) come back and be a lock-down centerfielder and having Delino potentially move to a corner and give us plus defense in the outfield. Now that's not necessarily the right-handed back in which we were speaking -- in fact its adding another left-handed bat -- but I think it's probably most likely going to occur through a creative trade that could open a spot on our existing team and we could then ultimately fill with a right-handed bat.

Creative trade??? Sounds very interesting. Who could they trade that would require creativity?

I like the sound of that. A creative trade that opens up s spot on the roster that they could fill with a RH bat. So they are probably looking to make a trade involving a left handed bat on the team currently that would require creativity. And then they would fill the spot, most likely through free agency, with a bat that could hit between 2 and 6 in the order. Sounds like a plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.