• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Officially Official Off Season Thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I heard, the Rangers sent him to AZ for some retooling and he didn't show up. If I had my way he'd be gone.

Here-here.....that was inexcusable.

And what makes handicappers think "he's oh so close" to fine-tuning his game anyway? He got worse in 2015 than he was in 2014, and we were counting on him "getting closer to fulfilling his promise" but instead, we had to convert a rule 5 guy to take over his position. That's not close IMO.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that it is long shot Martin will be on roster. His routes though have improved and is light years ahead of DDJ in centerfield due to arm. Like I have mentioned DDJ is better in LF. Martin may pan out but likely not here

Of course wonder in the what if category about Profar in CF. IMO too late but he looks like he has the tools. All around at least.
The problem with putting Profar in CF is named Lewis Brinson. Brinson is our CF for 2017 and beyond I believe.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton will be a part time LF/DH and almost constant occupier of a spot on the DL. But he cost us almost nothing.

Martin is in need of "retooling?" He still takes bad routes in CF just like he did 2 years ago. He hits about a buck and a quarter against LH pitchers, about 100 points better than that against RH, and has no plate discipline. He has terrific speed yet he's a horrible base runner. He made about $ 5 mil last season too. Lastly, he refused to be ready if needed for the PO! He needs at best an overhaul and at worst a lobotomy.

Since Profar hasn't played anywhere at any position for 2 years, no one has the foggiest of notions on where he'll end up. He's only DHing in winter ball.
I wonder if they want to see what Leonys will do under someone besides Magadan.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they want to see what Leonys will do under someone besides Magadan.

Magadan didn't teach him to do dumb shit like getting picked off or take awful leads and jumps.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw that I immediately thought of you. Ha. BTW. Morris was no huge fan of Wash and the 1st inning bunts overuse of MY.
I had a back and forth discussion with him about it and he thinks that since Wash had never used Endy that way prior to Game 6 that that means Wash couldn't have thought about doing so in Game 6. So everything Endy said in the article about the situation was a flat out lie according to Adam. He is really trying hard to not put any blame on Wash it seems. He also claims no one else substantiated Endy's claim. I don't remember anyone being asked to myself.

He is just trying to give Wash a way out of being wrong it seems. That type of argument and thinking will affect everything else I read from Adam. It just isn't sound thinking at all.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magadan didn't teach him to do dumb shit like getting picked off or take awful leads and jumps.
Obviously, I was talking about his offense and not his baserunning.

Someone does need to teach this team some baserunning skills though. Especially when it comes to sliding.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, I was talking about his offense and not his baserunning.

Someone does need to teach this team some baserunning skills though. Especially when it comes to sliding.

Yes, but MLB needs to do away with this shit where the fielder holds the tag hoping video replay will show a sliver of light where a toe barely comes off the bag.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but MLB needs to do away with this shit where the fielder holds the tag hoping video replay will show a sliver of light where a toe barely comes off the bag.
A lot of our sliding mistakes are clearly visible to the eye in real time though. Way too many.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do they do with Hamilton and his awesome post-season BA ?
Martin is clearly in need of some retooling but he is a good prospect. No need to give up on him now when he is oh so close to fine tuning his game.

Where does Profar end up in all this?
Retooling? He looks like a "51" Studebaker at the plate and has never taken advantage of his time ab's and there has been many.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retooling? He looks like a "51" Studebaker at the plate and has never taken advantage of his time ab's and there has been many.

From post 182..............And what makes handicappers think "he's oh so close" to fine-tuning his game anyway? He got worse in 2015 than he was in 2014, and we were counting on him "getting closer to fulfilling his promise" but instead, we had to convert a rule 5 guy to take over his position. That's not close IMO.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like it or not, Martin is part of the team and will be in the SL next year.
Fans like him, he is great defensively and just needs to find his bat again.

If they give up on Martin, then they need to give up on Holland. The talent is there, just not every day.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to see Martin back here after he refused to play in Arizona. We don't need another batter swing at balls in the dirt.

i wouldn't even bother with me. he would be released immediately

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they give up on Martin, then they need to give up on Holland. The talent is there, just not every day.

at some point we need to just recognize that Martin has gone as far as he is ever going to go with us.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't he eligible for arbitration now? So we'll see if he's on the team next year or not.

He had a starting position and totally spit-the-bit and was sent down. Odor did the same thing, but went to the minors, made adjustments in pretty short order, came back and was a key contributor for us the rest of the season. And we never heard word one from Leonys again. Why was this?

He is not great defensively. He has a great arm, which seems to be the only thing you're capable of viewing. And all he has to do is find his bat "again." Exactly what bat did he lose?

Lastly, fans like him! WTF are you babbling about? This fan doesn't like him. Most fans on here don't like him. You do consider us fans on this site don't ya? If not, what the hell are you doing here to begin with? And if it were up to some "fans" then Pudge and Michael Young should come back too.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't he eligible for arbitration now? So we'll see if he's on the team next year or not.

He had a starting position and totally spit-the-bit and was sent down. Odor did the same thing, but went to the minors, made adjustments in pretty short order, came back and was a key contributor for us the rest of the season. And we never heard word one from Leonys again. Why was this?

He is not great defensively. He has a great arm, which seems to be the only thing you're capable of viewing. And all he has to do is find his bat "again." Exactly what bat did he lose?

Lastly, fans like him! WTF are you babbling about? This fan doesn't like him. Most fans on here don't like him. You do consider us fans on this site don't ya? If not, what the hell are you doing here to begin with? And if it were up to some "fans" then Pudge and Michael Young should come back too.

Leonys was putting one of the better defensive seasons you can have in CF with the limited number of innings he played last year. He's beyond gold glove in the field. I am willing to bet Leonys is close to the all time leader in defensive runs saved for Texas CF since that has been tracked. (Hey he was with Gentry right behind him. Gentry was more efficient though)

All he has to do is get on base 33% of the time and he would be a great asset. I wish it were for him to do than it was to say it though.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonys was putting one of the better defensive seasons you can have in CF with the limited number of innings he played last year. He's beyond gold glove in the field. I am willing to bet Leonys is close to the all time leader in defensive runs saved for Texas CF since that has been tracked. (Hey he was with Gentry right behind him. Gentry was more efficient though)

All he has to do is get on base 33% of the time and he would be a great asset. I wish it were for him to do than it was to say it though.
All that said, I won't weep if he's traded or sent back to the minors. No place for a guy who cannot get on base.

Status
Not open for further replies.