• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Officially Official Off Season Thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

basmith

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Rangers fans, first time poster here just reading through some of the comments and wanted to toss a question out there:

With so many impressive rookies in MLB this year, what's to stop one of these young guys (like Brinson) from being significant contributors in 2016 as opposed to 2017 and beyond? Other than the gaping hole in Gallo's swing, is there anything in particular that I should be aware of?

Guess that's 2 questions...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Rangers fans, first time poster here just reading through some of the comments and wanted to toss a question out there:

With so many impressive rookies in MLB this year, what's to stop one of these young guys (like Brinson) from being significant contributors in 2016 as opposed to 2017 and beyond? Other than the gaping hole in Gallo's swing, is there anything in particular that I should be aware of?

Hard to say they definitely won't. I mean, look at what Odor did. With that said, neither will most likely be ready to start the season with the Rangers, but I could easily see Mazara or Gallo jumping in when Hamilton goes on a DL stint around June I'm guessing.

basmith

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say they definitely won't. I mean, look at what Odor did. With that said, neither will most likely be ready to start the season with the Rangers, but I could easily see Mazara or Gallo jumping in when Hamilton goes on a DL stint around June I'm guessing.

Josh staying off the DL until June would be a happy surprise. I also have concerns about Delino staying healthy over the course of a full season too, if he does end up the opening starter next year. Seems like he was fighting a hammy issue all September and with his style of play those types of injuries could be routine. Guess I'm just hopeful that one of those young guys has a big spring and makes it hard on JD and Banister to leave him down. But I suppose that's a universally shared sentiment on this board

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh staying off the DL until June would be a happy surprise. I also have concerns about Delino staying healthy over the course of a full season too, if he does end up the opening starter next year. Seems like he was fighting a hammy issue all September and with his style of play those types of injuries could be routine. Guess I'm just hopeful that one of those young guys has a big spring and makes it hard on JD and Banister to leave him down. But I suppose that's a universally shared sentiment on this board

I don't see any likely scenario that ends with one of those guys starting the season with the big club.

basmith

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any likely scenario that ends with one of those guys starting the season with the big club.

Agreed. Ham, Delino, Choo, Rua/Martin/veteran free agent combo seems far more likely. The youngsters was just a thought I was kicking around today, figured it as good a place as any to jump on the board with.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Ham, Delino, Choo, Rua/Martin/veteran free agent combo seems far more likely. The youngsters was just a thought I was kicking around today, figured it as good a place as any to jump on the board with.
Hey man, welcome aboard. There will be tons going on here. Good guys. Good board.

basmith

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man, welcome aboard. There will be tons going on here. Good guys. Good board.

Thanks! Glad to be here. I saw someone posted earlier in the thread about wanting this to be the most active board on Sportshoolpla this off-season and I'm here to help!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks! Glad to be here. I saw someone posted earlier in the thread about wanting this to be the most active board on Sportshoolpla this off-season and I'm here to help!
Good. We will win that one.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colon gets the win and Mets sweep. Wonder if we get to see him hit which is generally hilarious. Here's a clip of a few of his ABs in any of you are interested.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

think that it will be a FA instead of Rua or Martin

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonilla claimed by Dodgers. Corporan, Richardson and Strasborger outrighted to AAA. Blank opts out. Corporan and Richardson expected to opt out

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonilla claimed by Dodgers. Corporan, Richardson and Strasborger outrighted to AAA. Blank opts out. Corporan and Richardson expected to opt out

Most of these fall into the expected or who cares category for me, with the exception of maybe Bonilla.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome to the board.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers sack Mattingly... wow.
Not surprisingly. They have underwhelmed in the post season with him. A team with that payroll has no reason to flame out like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.