• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Officially Official Off Season Thread (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OF'er Antoan Richardson. he had been on the 60 day DL. some thought he would crack the big league roster before his injury

Man I missed anything on him completely. Makes sense they cleaned him off the roster.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gerry Fraley had a chat recently and mentioned Mike Leake, Ian Kennedy, Ben Zobrist, and Matt Wieters as potential free agent targets. He really liked the idea of pursuing one of the pitchers.

He thinks the Rangers win 89 games next year, but finish behind both the Astros and the Mariners.

He wonders if Holland throwing 116 and 113 pitches in consecutive games soon after coming back took too much out of him.

He thinks there is about a 60% chance Mitch Moreland is with another club next year and suggests it could be with Cleveland in a trade that brings back pitching to the Rangers. he thinks there is a 95% probability that Napoli returns.

When asked a question that included the assumption that the Rangers had little money to spend he said they do have money to spend. He noted this is a big market club and not Mayberry.

He think Mazara and Brinson could very well be the future in the OF here, but he isn't sold on DeShields.

He said the Rangers would like to do an extension with Darvish once they see him pitch post surgery.

He thinks Beltre will be here for 3 more seasons and the last one will probably be at DH.

When asked about trading for Matt Kemp he said, "You do not want Matt Kemp on this team. The number of negative opinions, from people in the game, on him is astounding."

He think Ron Washington will never manage again because of the two strikes that he has against him. Those being his cocaine use and his walking out on the club.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less what fraley thinks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they trade Moreland, Fielder may have to go back to first base. :eek:

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to think Fielder splits 1B next year with RHB likely Nap.

Yeah Bennie saw the Fraley, Kemp is poison comment. Ha. But otherwise I do not think he is off too much. Milton Bradley

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to think Fielder splits 1B next year with RHB likely Nap.

Yeah Bennie saw the Fraley, Kemp is poison comment. Ha. But otherwise I do not think he is off too much. Milton Bradley
Other than the two pitchers he wanted to pursue and the win total he seemed to be pretty much down the line as far having well thought out opinions. Not saying that he will be right about the other things necessarily.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar doubles in his first at bat in the AFL. He isn't playing in the field though.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make that a double and a HR for Profar in his first game in the AFL. Both he and Brinson are 2 for 5 today.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make that a double and a HR for Profar in his first game in the AFL. Both he and Brinson are 2 for 5 today.

He has the clutch gene. Plays big in big moments. Hoping for a full recovery

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there were a few that liked this kids stuff. I really wanted to hold onto him. I liked his stuff and his chances of being a ML starter much better than Martinez and Tepesch at the time (and still do).

Mikolas, 27, spent the 2015 season pitching for those same Giants and enjoyed an outstanding campaign. In 145 innings, he worked to a pristine 1.92 ERA with 6.6 K/9 against 1.4 BB/9 and held opponents to a minuscule .192 batting average. While it’s possible that such an impressive performance could’ve drummed up some interest from MLB clubs, it’s unlikely that he’d have matched a $5MM guarantee in a return to the U.S.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has very little power for a corner OF though. I think eventually his best position is bench player. For 2016 though I think he starts in CF.

Not to worried about it if the person in CF has some pop, a la Brinson, it'll be interesting to see how his, Mazara's and a couple other guys games progress through spring training

Brinson is especially interesting bc of his ability to play a plus CF and hit for a good amount of power, not to mention DDJ being a better fit for LF and the hole in the OF currently

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to worried about it if the person in CF has some pop, a la Brinson, it'll be interesting to see how his, Mazara's and a couple other guys games progress through spring training

Brinson is especially interesting bc of his ability to play a plus CF and hit for a good amount of power, not to mention DDJ being a better fit for LF and the hole in the OF currently

That is what I think too. Not all fit the mold. But still DDJ needs to improve and get away from fly ball outs since his one HR ball.

What I think will be interesting is how Josh reacts if anyone beats him out and he is more a role player

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he continues to develop so the FO has no choice but to unload Elvis.

Be nice if both do well so who ever is not with us we still get value for. Profar a switch hitter although best from left side has superior talent to Elvis with the bat. Elvis has a better arm. Still something about Profar I have always liked. Bet he makes the plays in he field when the pressure is on

Status
Not open for further replies.