• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART4

Status
Not open for further replies.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
morning, y'all

2 safeties in 2 weeks!!

man we have such an "old" and "slow" defense.....better just pack it in now

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea I dont want to be here at work either rie

on a bright note I started a new shift today so I got that going for me .........lol

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea I dont want to be here at work either rie

on a bright note I started a new shift today so I got that going for me .........lol

normal hours now?

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, a day later, it's really starting to sink in how great this win was, but no time to let up with the ratbirds on deck for next Sunday.

Take away thoughts.

1. The league now has a playbook on the 2010-2011 Pats. If you have the personnel to play tight man, particularly on Welker, the Pats can be stopped . TomTerrific and man have never been friends, but in the new Pats 2TE deep, 3 WR mid drag offense, few teams have dared try it. For a team that is 100% comfort zone... in zone... to do this is impressive. Hat's off to LeBeau (and Tomlin if he had any input)

2. The 'REAL' Steeler offense showed itself yesterday. YES, NE Defense sucks, but this is WHAT the offense should be doing every week--- particularly against teams with good pass rushes that can get to BigBen. Run out of Shotgun Spread sets. Play more without Ward. (Yes, I went there). Wallace/Brown/Sanders/Miller/Cotchery(or RB) is as indefensible as anyone in the league except GB. Out of the gun, BigBen can see the coverage, blitz, audible, and not have to run for his life (more than a few times a game) when the turnstiles on the OL open up. Although this team now has a rather 'fast' set of skill players, playing on slow turf negates this speed on deep/complex route trees. Spread it, dink it, dunk it, and then go deep when the coverage pushes up. Run no huddle and get the defenders tired and unable to rush the pass at all. This team should really be playing on field turf (blasphemy, I know)

3. That humiliation from week 1 will definitely be motivating for this week, and I certainly expect a better performance overall. Keys... having enough healthy LBs to even field a 11 man squad. ... protecting BigBen.... getting out to an early lead-- AND NOT SETTLING FOR FGs.... turnovers, turnovers,turnovers--- prevent them (know where Reed is), and get some--- Flacco was terrible this week, learn from that film, we have a better rush than the Rams, even with some injuries. Most importantly, that early lead forces them into passing situations, the one thing I will say for certain is RayRice is a mismatch for anyone on this D when the situation isn't predictable (run/pass)

4. Run blocking is still very very poor. This can't be changed overnight, but any future OL draft picks should really try to address this. Yes, I'm arguing the Steelers are a near elite Passing O, but you still have to be able to run the ball in the winter in the NE especially.

5. Max Starks, 2011 Steelers surprise MVP . Whatever he has added to the OL is working. (combined with some improved playcalling that actually goes towards using strengths and minimizing weaknesses)

MaggieMay

Bewildered
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
fullmoon.gif

Happy Halloween, people! :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.