• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i gotta corral the furry babies.... They been in the backyard for hours.

around here those furry babies would be supper for something to damned many preditors around here,I won't let the 2 small dogs outside after dark unless I go with them

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done,,,g-night people

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evening, LOC. Hey, as long as you're here, your cinematic opinion, please.

Have you seen The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo? I rented it a couple weeks ago, only to discover I'd picked up the subtitled Swedish version (which is, of course, the original). FANTASTIC movie. Is it worth getting the English version with Daniel Craig?

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evening, LOC. Hey, as long as you're here, your cinematic opinion, please.

Have you seen The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo? I rented it a couple weeks ago, only to discover I'd picked up the subtitled Swedish version (which is, of course, the original). FANTASTIC movie. Is it worth getting the English version with Daniel Craig?

evening NCSF, I'm glad that we can debate this instead of politics, or rather, in addition to politics. I was an early 'fan' of the novel series--- as an avid listener of underground metal-- where Sweden is a hotbed-- I have some friends who pointed it out and I jumped as soon as english translations came available. The original Swedish film is truer to the novels in every way. It has a more convincing lead actress (Noomi Rapace) but inferior cast otherwise and lower production values (by a smidge). The Fincher americanized film is nowhere close to it, it is a terrible casting of Salander, but better otherwise casting and production values. Normally, that would be a wash to a plus, but in this series (Millenium Trilogy) it's not. The films is about HER. Now that said, the remainder of the original Swedish films go downhill, and the finale in particular deviates wayyyyyyyy to much from the nvoel. FIncher might make a better overall trilogy, but he hasn't made a better overall intro film

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a completely different type of movie, but watch

Let the Right One In

and then compare it to the
americanized version

Let Me in

Sweden is home to a natural landscape and climate suited to dark, brooding, ominous, and depressive filmmaking.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...I thought the setting of the Swedish film was perfect. Beautiful, but...yes...desolate. Was the remake set elsewhere?

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...I thought the setting of the Swedish film was perfect. Beautiful, but...yes...desolate. Was the remake set elsewhere?

Maybe I was unclear. The setting is principally similar, but other than in landmark shots, you wouldn't know it. The cinematography fails to capture-- as you put it-- the desolateness. That's what happens when you have to americanize cinema. The fact it won awards for cinematography is even more head scratching. I mean don't get me totally wrong. It's not like Police Acamedy 6 or Gigli in the pantheon of cinema failure. It's just incomplete compared to its predecessor-- mainly on the elements that matter (setting/ambiance, and lead Salander)

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I am a little confused. My understanding was that the story was a trilogy. Was looking forward to next flick in the series...Girl Who Played With Fire, I believe.

Where I live, we don't get foreign language flicks in theatres; must wait for disks. Are there Swedish versions of all three stories already out? Are they all on disk? If you happen to know, I'd be obliged.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I am a little confused. My understanding was that the story was a trilogy. Was looking forward to next flick in the series...Girl Who Played With Fire, I believe.

Where I live, we don't get foreign language flicks in theatres; must wait for disks. Are there Swedish versions of all three stories already out? Are they all on disk? If you happen to know, I'd be obliged.

yes, the trilogy is already concluded and out on Bluray (I'd recommend just for the OAR and increased subtitle fidelity)

brb with a link

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragon Tattoo Trilogy Blu-ray: Stieg Larsson Extended Edition

also, here's a pic from the other awesome Swedish film I reco'd ... Let the Right One In.
Desolate and forboding... in a housing project....

letherightone-thumb-500x210.jpg

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. I know you said the later films in the series were not as good, but since I haven't read the books, it may be less obvious to me.

Looks like I'll be looking for these disks this weekend.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. I know you said the later films in the series were not as good, but since I haven't read the books, it may be less obvious to me.

Looks like I'll be looking for these disks this weekend.

honestly, amazon is normally cheap but right now they aren't. I grabbed my trilogy for about $40 after release by 2 weeks or so just with monitoring internet prices

cheers

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting pic. Oddly enough, it appeared several minutes after the rest of the post.

OK, will look for "Let the Right One In" as well.

Damn...it's 1:00 a.m. Still have dogs to walk.

Have a good one.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steeler Nation Rules!!!!

How the hell is everyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.