• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The official Super Bowl LIII Thread

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Chiefs were a stupid defensive offside penalty away from a win.

Also, I recall Randy Gregory getting a similar penalty (smaller stage?) against the Saints.

Lawrence got a huge strip sack of Brees (while showing everybody how to beat Saints ass) but it was called back because of Gregory's miscue.

Dallas still won that game.

No fucking excuses.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib is garbage. He'll either get a DPI or hold that will cost his team in the SB. It may not be the only thing but it will be part of it.
He doesn't know this Flores D so he's no helo there. Sure he may know the receivers tendancies but he can't stop those quick slants unless he holds or interfers with one of them.

Cooks as great as he's been couldn't understand the NE playbook when he was here or have any desire to fight for the ball. Not sure what he's going to add? Cooks will be like ok guys I've seen this before when Brady points to his head he usually changes the play. OK guys go stop him.
The best way to stop Cooks would be to give him a NE playbook.

You're in game mode already...good!

For selfish reasons I want the Rams to win, but that's as far as my fandom goes. In terms of personnel on DEF, I think the avg non-biased fan would probably take the Rams D.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're in game mode already...good!

For selfish reasons I want the Rams to win, but that's as far as my fandom goes. In terms of personnel on DEF, I think the avg non-biased fan would probably take the Rams D.

Well naturally you don't want NE to get # 6. If I were a Steeler fan (OK that would never happen) I wouldn't want it either.

The overall Rams D is much better on paper. That's not my dispute. I just wanted to let the poster know just because Talib and Cooks played for NE they aren't going to provide McVay or Phillips with anything real tangible. He was trying to show how they could help offset NEs massive difference when it comes to SB experience.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be shocked if this game doesn't once again come down to the final play.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often have we been through this??

2001 - Rams ....Fastest Show on Turf
2003 - Panthers.....Cam Newton and the unstoppable run game and #1 Defense
2004 - Eagles ...... Unstoppable Donavan McNab and the #1 Defense
2008 - Giants......Undefeated Patriots against the 9-7 Giants and the Giants won
2013 - Seahawks.. Legion of Boom imploded
2016 - Falcons......Greatest Offense in the history of the NFL couldn't score enough

Just when you think a team is so overwhelming, for some reason they break your heart.

All I'm going to say is this...........When the Rams have had theirbacks against the wall this year, they've let a wet fart. Rams were undefeated in their first meeting with the Saints and lost. They had a chance to secure home field against the Bears and lost and had a scond chance the following week against the Eagles and lost. Fortuneately they had the 49ers and Cardinals to finish the season. In the Playoffs the Rams offense has hardly been anything to write home about. They beat the Cowboys 30-22 but they didn't dominate on offense or defense. We all know what happened in New Orleans and the Rams were handed a gift, especially on the non-calls that are going to cause the NFL massive migranes.

The Patriots on the on the other hand have limped and plodded through the season. According to all of the stats and supposedly knowledgeable football people, they would be home watching the Suoer Bowl. But, they crushed the Chargers and beat the most prolific offense in the NFL in consecutive weeks scoring 78 points against the two best teams in the AFC.

In conclusion...........................The Patriots thriottled the Bears in Chicago and the Rams couldn't even score 10 points against them. The Rams might want to figure out a way to somehow have Wade Philips ignite the offense. Oh yeah, the Patriots defense has allowed only 65 total rushing yards in their two playoff games.

DaboAppeal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be shocked if this game doesn't once again come down to the final play.

This season has been extremely weird for NE that I would not be shocked if this will be the most comfortable NE SB win yet.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season has been extremely weird for NE that I would not be shocked if this will be the most comfortable NE SB win yet.
I would have no issue with you being spot on:hope:

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2001 - Rams ....Fastest Show on Turf
2003 - Panthers.....Cam Newton and the unstoppable run game and #1 Defense
2004 - Eagles ...... Unstoppable Donavan McNab and the #1 Defense
2008 - Giants......Undefeated Patriots against the 9-7 Giants and the Giants won
2013 - Seahawks.. Legion of Boom imploded
2016 - Falcons......Greatest Offense in the history of the NFL couldn't score enough

Just when you think a team is so overwhelming, for some reason they break your heart.

All I'm going to say is this...........When the Rams have had theirbacks against the wall this year, they've let a wet fart. Rams were undefeated in their first meeting with the Saints and lost. They had a chance to secure home field against the Bears and lost and had a scond chance the following week against the Eagles and lost. Fortuneately they had the 49ers and Cardinals to finish the season. In the Playoffs the Rams offense has hardly been anything to write home about. They beat the Cowboys 30-22 but they didn't dominate on offense or defense. We all know what happened in New Orleans and the Rams were handed a gift, especially on the non-calls that are going to cause the NFL massive migranes.

The Patriots on the on the other hand have limped and plodded through the season. According to all of the stats and supposedly knowledgeable football people, they would be home watching the Suoer Bowl. But, they crushed the Chargers and beat the most prolific offense in the NFL in consecutive weeks scoring 78 points against the two best teams in the AFC.

In conclusion...........................The Patriots thriottled the Bears in Chicago and the Rams couldn't even score 10 points against them. The Rams might want to figure out a way to somehow have Wade Philips ignite the offense. Oh yeah, the Patriots defense has allowed only 65 total rushing yards in their two playoff games.

Cam newton wasn’t the QB for the panthers

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have no issue with you being spot on:hope:

It would be nice to have a 21pt lead with 5 minute to play for once.

....I ain't countin' on it!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cam Newton, lol

Certainly, if the Rams let out a wet fart when ever their back was against the wall. Than they shouldn't be in the Super Bowl they shouldn't have come back from 13-0 against an undefeated playoff Brees team. But that argues against your stupid point. Not to mention no qb in football has had more game winning drives than Goff this season.

You want to make a big deal out of the Rams losing golden opportunities, I must be confused but didn't you play on the road. Pittsburgh couldn't beat anyone down the stretch except for the Patriots of course. You've had a lot weaker schedule than the Rams and lost more games, you went against a fatigued Charger team that played 5 out of the last 7 were on the road with an inexperienced playoff coach, than you played a inexperienced Chiefs team, coached by a coach with a losing playoff record and a team that couldn't play a lick of defense. On top of that bailed out by a coin flip and Dee Ford lining up offsides. Class is dismissed.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton, lol

Certainly, if the Rams let out a wet fart when ever their back was against the wall. Than they shouldn't be in the Super Bowl they shouldn't have come back from 13-0 against an undefeated playoff Brees team. But that argues against your stupid point. Not to mention no qb in football has had more game winning drives than Goff this season.

You want to make a big deal out of the Rams losing golden opportunities, I must be confused but didn't you play on the road. Pittsburgh couldn't beat anyone down the stretch except for the Patriots of course. You've had a lot weaker schedule than the Rams and lost more games, you went against a fatigued Charger team that played 5 out of the last 7 were on the road with an inexperienced playoff coach, than you played a inexperienced Chiefs team, coached by a coach with a losing playoff record and a team that couldn't play a lick of defense. On top of that bailed out by a coin flip and Dee Ford lining up offsides. Class is dismissed.

you went against a fatigued Charger team that played 5 out of the last 7 were on the road with an inexperienced playoff coach, than you played a inexperienced Chiefs team, coached by a coach with a losing playoff record

Lol! Where were you with these obvious predictions a couple of weeks ago? Ah, the clarity of hindsight.

Class is dismissed.

Um, Ken's not always right but I've yet to see him get schooled on football talk on this site.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The overall Rams D is much better on paper. That's not my dispute. I just wanted to let the poster know just because Talib and Cooks played for NE they aren't going to provide McVay or Phillips with anything real tangible. He was trying to show how they could help offset NEs massive difference when it comes to SB experience.

Oh...fair point.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you went against a fatigued Charger team that played 5 out of the last 7 were on the road with an inexperienced playoff coach, than you played a inexperienced Chiefs team, coached by a coach with a losing playoff record

Lol! Where were you with these obvious predictions a couple of weeks ago? Ah, the clarity of hindsight.

Class is dismissed.

Um, Ken's not always right but I've yet to see him get schooled on football talk on this site.

Totally off topic...how you been NE? Did you go under the knife again?