• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Recruiting Thread

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama gets it shitty academic rep because it is extremely easy to get into. The academics really aren't bad at Alabama, but almost anyone of above-average academic standing can get accepted.

Maybe 5 years ago but not anymore. Former President Witt did a fantastic job of recruiting out of state kids and selling them on what Alabama had to offer. Enrollment went from 27,000 to 33,600 from fall of 2010 to fall of 2012. Below is a link about Alabama and a excerpt from it.

The University of Alabama continues to attract some of the nation’s most talented students, ranking 11th among the nation’s 629 public universities in the enrollment of National Merit Scholars for 2008-2009 and 28th among the more than 2,400 public and private universities nationwide. UA’s ranking is up from last year when the University ranked 12th among public universities and 30th overall.

University of Alabama News » Enrollment

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe 5 years ago but not anymore. Former President Witt did a fantastic job of recruiting out of state kids and selling them on what Alabama had to offer. Enrollment went from 27,000 to 33,600 from fall of 2010 to fall of 2012. Below is a link about Alabama and a excerpt from it.

The University of Alabama continues to attract some of the nation’s most talented students, ranking 11th among the nation’s 629 public universities in the enrollment of National Merit Scholars for 2008-2009 and 28th among the more than 2,400 public and private universities nationwide. UA’s ranking is up from last year when the University ranked 12th among public universities and 30th overall.

University of Alabama News » Enrollment

It's still not hard to get into. Look up average GPA and ACT/SAT scores. It is harder than it was, but still not hard to get into.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the national average for college acceptance is 67% and Alabama's is 43.5 %. For the record Michigan's was 40.6 % in 2011. Woooooooooo :clap:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes' Michigan is harder to get into and has a better academic standards but don't think Alabama is not a high quality school because it's in the South and boasts the best football team in the country. It has one of the finest law schools and business schools in the country! That actually shows the ignorance of people in the north who think that way!

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all Alabama fans:

Jalopy is an idiot. :nod: Please suspend all communication with him. This is a public announcement. Thank you for your cooperation!

Funny, I thought communication meant the effective transmission of ideas or data. Your keyboard is translating your 0's and 1's into a garbled mess of words.

I think the most effective use of emoticons is abstinence.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is the 77th ranked university according to US News & World. Translated to the football field, you are in danger of falling out of Division 1 (FBS).

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the national average for college acceptance is 67% and Alabama's is 43.5 %. For the record Michigan's was 40.6 % in 2011. Woooooooooo :clap:

According to College Prowler, Michigan is ranked 22nd in "Highest Ranked Applicant's" (students ranked in the top 10% of their class) at 92%. I had to scroll down a bit to find Alabama ranked at #169.

This is more fun than talking football. I could find these stats all day if you want to compare the schools academically or we could agree that Michigan is a superior academic university and over the past 100 years or so, the same can be said of football.

1st in all-time winning %
1st in all-time wins

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is the 77th ranked university according to US News & World. Translated to the football field, you are in danger of falling out of Division 1 (FBS).

That is 77th among private and public and includes schools like Harvard.

:L

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4down20, I repeat:

To all Alabama fans:

Jalopy is an idiot. Please suspend all communication with him. This is a public announcement. Thank you for your cooperation!

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4down20, I repeat:

To all Alabama fans:

Jalopy is an idiot. Please suspend all communication with him. This is a public announcement. Thank you for your cooperation!

Could you please use one of your cutesy emoticons for extra emphasis?

Unbunch your shorts and enjoy the holiday week. These things are called opinions. Mine aren't worth more than anyone else's but they are mine. This discussion has provided me with some facts that were unknown to me beforehand so I consider myself a winner in that regard.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalopy made out like Bama is only Saban and Bear Bryant, he got proven wrong...argument over.

Lets get back to recruiting...

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<------is going to shit a brick if VT doesn't land Derrick Nnadi.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets get back to recruiting...

Smartest advice I've heard all day(of course the poster's previous point was just short of what a simpleton could produce).

Anybody have any insight on where East lake's WR Artavis Scott is headed. Kid was all Michigan until about a month ago and now looks headed for FCU or Clemson. He's shorter but he can flat out play football. Hoke dropped the ball insisting on tall WR's.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(of course the poster's previous point was just short of what a simpleton could produce)

Jalopy

I wonder if he thinks this of the 99% of the posters who use the pics and emoticons or just the guy who abused him in the back and forth? Now back to recruiting... :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(of course the poster's previous point was just short of what a simpleton could produce)

Jalopy

I wonder if he thinks this of the 99% of the posters who use the pics and emoticons or just the guy who abused him in the back and forth? Now back to recruiting... :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

<chirp, chirp>

Enjoy the silence?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrion Springs, national 100 CB, chooses Oregon over Texas. This is a HUGE get for Oregon.......especially given the Texas DB pedigree

Texas so far is losing out on the top 5 DBs in the state, a position they've NEVER had trouble recruiting before. Ominous sign..

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama lands another OL. 3-star OG Montel McBride committed to Alabama at The Opening in Oregon.

This is going to be a huge OL class for Alabama, we have a ton of interested players, they are loving Cristobal, and I heard we want to take 7 or maybe even 8 OL in this class.

With McBride we have 4 OL committed so far...

4-star Viane Talamaivao
3-star Montel McBride
4-star Dominick Jackson - #1 JUCO Lineman.
3-star J.C. Hassenauer - This dude will get a bump in the rankings soon.

I expect to add 5-star Cameron Robinson to this list.

Some other top guys we want are...

Braden Smith - According to Andrew Bone, he's a "high priority target" for Alabama, and one of the strongest players in the country. He hasn't mentioned any favorites.

Joshua Casher - Casher is an Auburn commit, but he's feeling a lot of heat from Alabama. I'm hearing if he ends up flipping from Auburn, it will be to FSU or Alabama. Other OL commits for Bama could probably sway him away from Bama, nobody else has said that, just my thinking.

Damian Mama - He is one of the top OL in the country, and he has a ton of interest in Alabama, especially since one of his best friends(Viane) is already committed to Alabama.

Damian Prince - Another 5-star with high interest in Alabama, he says we are definitely getting an official. He's supposed to visit on July 14th.

Dyshon Sims - His top 2 are Alabama and UGA, I don't think he has an offer yet. Alabama is going to look at him a bit closer when he camps this month.

Jordan Sims - Has a lot of interest in Alabama, probably because he grew up an Alabama fan and lives in Alabama. I don't think he has a "commitable" offer right now. If he has a great camp at Alabama, we'll probably give him the green light.

Ross Pierschbacher - Currently an Iowa commit, but there is heavy interest between him and Alabama. He will likely make a final decision between Iowa, Stanford and Alabama.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas CB #7 in the nation chooses Ducks ocer Hookems at Nike 7on7 WOOOP WOOOOOOP!!!!

NIKE

NIKE

NIKE