• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Lions Draft Thread

Best Option for the Lions at #10

• Anthony Barr

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Best CB Available (Dennard or Gilbert)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else did you guys like?
Meow likes Neil Patrick Harris. Swarm likes Jason Collins. Smit-tay likes Greg Louganis. Rolling thunder likes Rosie O'Donnell. Oh wait, you meant NON-gay, NFL players? Let me check this thread a bit. :lol:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it does suck aboot Barrett Jones. I did hear he was injured last season but played through the injury. Guess I didn't realize it was more serious than what i thought. I still think he's a highly intelligent, and capable player. If Dom can last for a decade in the D, Jones should be able to catch on SOMEWHERE.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meow likes Neil Patrick Harris. Swarm likes Jason Collins. Smit-tay likes Greg Louganis. Rolling thunder likes Rosie O'Donnell. Oh wait, you meant NON-gay, NFL players? Let me check this thread a bit. :lol:

He revolutionized diving. And gives one helluva foot rub!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezekial Ansah

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezekial Ansah

Nyuck, nyuck nyuck, asshole!

We're talking about guys we may have wanted and didn't get. Stop rubbing it in that we got your guy with the 1st pick!

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting read going through some of our draft discussion and seeing where guys we wanted are at now.

For instance, Ryan Swope, a guy several of us (me included) were scratching our heads about why we didn't take him in the 5th or 6th round, has already retired.

Bacarri Rambo, Thndr's guy, has opened camp running with the Redskins 1st team just like he predicted.

If I have time I'll try to dig up some of the guys that various posters were campaigning for throughout this thread and we'll follow how they do in camp and through the rookie season...

NIIIIIIIIICE.
My advanced you tube scouting has finally paid off.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her ass don't look too bad, but if I'm gonna do her, it's going to be doggie style or wrap a flag around her face and fuck for ol' glory, cause she's fat plumber hairy butt crack ugly.

She is starting to look like a cat woman already with the plastic surgery.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should do a mid-season draft assessment...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should do a mid-season draft assessment...
Oh+boy...+Here+we+go+again+_d74653f4c61ce882d6b1c247f905f1e4.gif

2837510_o.gif

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Chance Warmack, but since we got somebody so much better than Peterhead, I haven't even noticed we didn't get him. Warford may not be as good as Warmack, but he's much better value.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Chance Warmack, but since we got somebody so much better than Peterhead, I haven't even noticed we didn't get him. Warford may not be as good as Warmack, but he's much better value.

The wise man has spoken and I concur.......

Damn kids!

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions pick @ 10

Right now, I've narrowed down my top four guys for the Lions at #10.

1. Sammytakekins- We've discussed him enough to know why he would be the best option for the Lions if he fell to 10. Right now, I doubt he does, but heres hoping.

2. Justin Gilbert- I don't care who the Lions have drafted, they still need help in the secondary with a cover corner and play-maker. Gilbert is a prime-time player at the position and if he gets the ball in his hands, it could lead to points. Steal at 10.

3. Eric Ebron- Phenomenal player and better at running after the catch than most of the TEs in the league. If not a reciever, the Lions need someone to occupy those LBs and Safeties. He can line up wide and his ceiling is tremendous.

4. Mike Evans- It really comes down to how fast this guy really is. If he is, take him and roll with two monsters on the outside. My feeling is that he will disappoint with his numbers come the combine.

I'm not as high on the LB prospects as everyone else, but maybe that may change if I see what type of defense the team will run. Pass defense is the problem and the team must fix it. Im not too fond of adding someone like Clowney to a dline that already has high draft picks on it. Im so-so on a LT.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, I've narrowed down my top four guys for the Lions at #10.

1. Sammytakekins- We've discussed him enough to know why he would be the best option for the Lions if he fell to 10. Right now, I doubt he does, but heres hoping.

2. Justin Gilbert- I don't care who the Lions have drafted, they still need help in the secondary with a cover corner and play-maker. Gilbert is a prime-time player at the position and if he gets the ball in his hands, it could lead to points. Steal at 10.

3. Eric Ebron- Phenomenal player and better at running after the catch than most of the TEs in the league. If not a reciever, the Lions need someone to occupy those LBs and Safeties. He can line up wide and his ceiling is tremendous.

4. Mike Evans- It really comes down to how fast this guy really is. If he is, take him and roll with two monsters on the outside. My feeling is that he will disappoint with his numbers come the combine.

I'm not as high on the LB prospects as everyone else, but maybe that may change if I see what type of defense the team will run. Pass defense is the problem and the team must fix it. Im not too fond of adding someone like Clowney to a dline that already has high draft picks on it. Im so-so on a LT.

I'll reply more when I have more time but I don't like these options. IF we go WR I like Lee far more. IF we go corner I want Dennard. I don't know how you can't be feeling a LB who dominated tOSU while everyone around him is average to below average, but Mack is the man. He probably won't make it to 10 though.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like Lee better than Watkins!? Or better than Evans?

I'd love Clowney @ 10, but no way that happens. I like Gilbert at 10 a whole lot, and Ebron does have the potential to be a monster at TE, so I'd be fine with that pick as well.

Do we take another tackle if Lewan falls to 10? We'd seem to be set with a pair of young book-ends in Reiff and Waddle, but if Lewan is there we'd have to consider grabbing him. Maybe move Reiff all the way in to center? He'd be unconventional, but he's smart, tough, and athletic. Purely hypothetical at this point.

Still lots of time to sort everything out though...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also ave no problem pulling the trigger on Barr at 10. If we're going to be running a multiple, hybrid, front then he'd fit in perfectly and give us a great pass rusher from the second level.

Ansah and Young on the ends, Suh and Fairley in middle, and Barr coming from pretty much anywhere would be a lot for an opposing offensive line to handle.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee is interesting but I'm not sure why you like him over Watkins. He's the most explosive WR I've seen in a while besides the smallish Austin. Teams would have to account for Watkins immediately and Im not sure Lee presents the same problem for defenses. Dennard is good but he doesn't have that same type of ability of Gilbert. Gilbert has great ball skills and has the ability to make things happen. Im actually looking for him to be gone before 10.