• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2014 Lions Draft Thread

Best Option for the Lions at #10

• Anthony Barr

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sammy Watkins

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Best CB Available (Dennard or Gilbert)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone disturbed that Kim K. has become a celebrity in our culture?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow. Really? Then that explains everything.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya Curtis. I can't stand that bitch- she's a celebrity because she's a celebrity. WTF is wrong with kids these days?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like her butt.

You also like squirrels or hate them I forget which.

Verlander vs Britton (minor league pitcher) ......Get your V-Cash down on that smitty. The Tigs are going to be crashing bats tonite......He's a lefty so I'm guessing lots of righty bats tonite. Could be a big nite for Miggy, Torii Jon-hay and Jackson.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander vs Britton (minor league pitcher) ......Get your V-Cash down on that smitty. The Tigs are going to be crashing bats tonite......He's a lefty so I'm guessing lots of righty bats tonite. Could be a big nite for Miggy, Torii Jon-hay and Jackson.
Hope u didn't bet the house tonight. Hahaha. Verlander isn't the same pitcher he's been in the past. His velocity is way down and it's affecting everything he does. It happens to the best. But maybe next time u don't overlook some rook just bc he's facing the Tigers.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much have you watched Verlander pitch hevo? This season and in past seasons?

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as much as that Kardashian ass right!?! I'm a bit concerned about what that baby's gonna do to it.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her ass don't look too bad, but if I'm gonna do her, it's going to be doggie style or wrap a flag around her face and fuck for ol' glory, cause she's fat plumber hairy butt crack ugly.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever go past a detour sign facing the other direction, and think, "There was a sign in the road while I was driving 17 MPH lookin at Kim K butt photos on my phone!"?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Verlander tinkered with success, but can he fix himself? - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

Are you telling me smitty that Verlander has looked the same? Even with all your extensive game watching? Bc in the few games I watched this year and the ones last year, I can't get on board with your thinking.

The article above points out what Verlander thinks is the problem. It very well could be. But you can't argue that his velocity is down, opponents contact rate is up, opponents average and OBP is up, as well as his era and wHIP. I'm not saying he can't turn it around(in fact I have been banking on it in my leagues) but its not put of the realm of possibility that he doesn't. He's 30 and has had years with huge amounts of innings.

Plus, I was just giving muzz shit. Thought it was funny that he thought some "minor league guy" (who actually has pitched in the majors before) couldnt beat the almighty JV. I can see his thinking though, I'd have confidence in him too. But the Orioles are no slouch.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya Curtis. I can't stand that bitch- she's a celebrity because she's a celebrity. WTF is wrong with kids these days?
Its not just the kids TP. The media has made her into a "celebrity". She has rich parents and that alone can get her all the tv time and photo opps she wants. And she sure takes advantage of that. If the media would stop making "reality" shows, people like her would drown out. Well, I hope it would. However, she had a nice body til she got knocked up. That's about it. But I'm sure she'll spend hours a week with her personal trainer and then tell all the magazines that she "just ate healthy". Shhyaa right.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Muzzer's lock of the day... can't wait till fall to pay $2.95 for your guaranteed locks on footabll:doh:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, that was bad, to put salt in the wound, the guy im playing in fantasy didn't even play Verlander last nite.....Hows that for a kick in the nuts.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting read going through some of our draft discussion and seeing where guys we wanted are at now.

For instance, Ryan Swope, a guy several of us (me included) were scratching our heads about why we didn't take him in the 5th or 6th round, has already retired.

Bacarri Rambo, Thndr's guy, has opened camp running with the Redskins 1st team just like he predicted.

If I have time I'll try to dig up some of the guys that various posters were campaigning for throughout this thread and we'll follow how they do in camp and through the rookie season...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Margus Hunt jumps to mind- several of us wanted him. I was definitely in that group. I'm not at all disappointed to have picked Slay instead at the top of the 2nd round, but Hunt has the potential to be dominant.

I know Micro was a big Barret Jones guy. Given his career at 'Bama it looked like he'd be a solid pro, but I've also heard mixed reviews. We'll see if he proves the doubters wrong and helps stabilize the interior of the Rams o-line. It's worth noting that I believe he's coming in injured, so his rookie season may start on the PUP.

Obviously there were a ton of names at the top: Dee Milliner was a big one, Chance Warmack was another. Tavon Austin was the dark horse guy for some.

Who else did you guys like?