• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The official '12 NFL Draft Thread - Going Live at 8 EST

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answers we'll never have. But considering that Glenn, Konz, Upshaw and others (Fleener, Janoris Jenkins etc) are all still available we can certainly make a move tomorrow to get one of them.

Would anyone object to trading our 2013 1st round pick for a second round pick this year to get one of those guys?

I actually would. I think Upshaw, Konz, and Glenn. I'd wait til 61 for Jenkins. I'd trade up for Fleener but not for our 1st. What about you Imac?

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Reading some reactions on twitter, not a ton of surprise by our pick (...which surprises me). Greg Cosell for example: "Really liked 49ers pick. Jenkins very good on film. Nice combination of traits. Think he has chance to be quality starting WR. I did not like Jenkins more than Randle. Obviously 49ers did. I think both will be NFL starters but I really liked Randle. We'll see."

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading some reactions on twitter, not a ton of surprise by our pick (...which surprises me). Greg Cosell for example: "Really liked 49ers pick. Jenkins very good on film. Nice combination of traits. Think he has chance to be quality starting WR. I did not like Jenkins more than Randle. Obviously 49ers did. I think both will be NFL starters but I really liked Randle. We'll see."

It's nice to not have a shocking pick...I think that's where McCloughan would piss me off. It's like he wanted to show he was smarter than everyone by being a contrarian.

Shocking to those in the business that is, was a mild shock to me but I expected that...if that makes sense.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maiocco:

Jim Harbaugh: GM Trent Baalke wrote "AJ Jenkins" and put it in envelope last night. He was guy 49ers targeted in that spot.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN analysis on Jenkins

What he brings: Jenkins is a smooth route-runner with good size and the top-end speed to stretch the field vertically. In addition, he shows soft hands and good body control. However, for him to take the next step to be an upper-echelon wide receiver, he must get stronger in traffic.

How he fits: At first glance, this position looks like it has good depth, but there are some question marks even though the foursome, Michael Crabtree, Ted Ginn and along with newly acquire Randy Moss and Mario Manningham gives them a lot of different options. Look for Ginn to move mostly to being a return guy and Jenkins could step in as a No. 4 receiver in sub-packages and could certainly be insurance for Moss if he doesn't produce as expected. Head coach Jim Harbaugh loves to give a defense a lot of exotic looks and multiple formations and he will use three- and four-wide receiver sets than you think and now he has the personnel to do it.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maiocco:

Jim Harbaugh: GM Trent Baalke wrote "AJ Jenkins" and put it in envelope last night. He was guy 49ers targeted in that spot.

Whether this is true or not, it's an awesome story. lol

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maiocco:

They got their man and didn't reach. They got exactly who they expected and wanted.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Silva:

#Rams showed pre-draft interest in Rueben Randle & I'd consider him tentative favorite @ 33. Especially after they got leaped for Blackmon.

Please do it!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I realize the implications for Williams. My point is that I'd rather drop Ginn than Williams. I just hate keeping a player on the roster only to return kicks, and I like Kyle Williams despite the NFC Championship game. I don't trust him as a return man in terms of ball security, but he's got great quickness and instincts. I don't think Ginn is much better in that regard. And as a WR, it's not close IMO.

I don't disagree with you, because last year really highlighted your concern. When Crabtree was injured early and with Braylon and Morgan going down during the year, it really showed that without a Pro-Bowl QB throwing the ball the 49ers cannot afford the luxury of a player taking up a WR position who is not very good at being a WR.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bob Glauber:

The 18 first-round trades are the most since at least the 1970 AFL-NFL merger.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answers we'll never have. But considering that Glenn, Konz, Upshaw and others (Fleener, Janoris Jenkins etc) are all still available we can certainly make a move tomorrow to get one of them.

Would anyone object to trading our 2013 1st round pick for a second round pick this year to get one of those guys?

I was just saying the same thing, I agree. The only one that I wouldn't mind seeing us trade our 2013 1st for is Glenn or Amini, especially due to the fact that they won't be there when we pick, and we still need a rg.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maiocco:

A.J. Jenkins received call from 49ers. He was so excited he has no idea with whom he spoke. He did not expect to be picked in 1st round.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We gotta trade up for Peter Konz. Great value and a pretty big need. Real good situation for us to capitalize. Get it done!

themush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Bucs having the best draft yet???

Not being a homer, just curious what you guys think.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
See clyde. Posts like this are what I'm referring to. Complete ignorance.

Speaking of ignorance, let me preface all of my posts about AJJ by saying I didn't pay any attention to him at all. I thought the Niners had plenty of WRs...

So what I don't understand is that the Niners' big problem is that they can't punch it in when they get inside the red zone. If the Niners wanted a speedy WR wouldn't a 6'4 guy with a near 40 inch vertical (arm length???) like Hill make more sense to solve the red zone problem than a 6'0 guy?