• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The official '12 NFL Draft Thread - Going Live at 8 EST

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Ginn doesn't make the roster at this point. He's a very good return man, but he's not truly special IMO. And I still like Kyle Williams as a receiver - hell, even as a returner if he can get his head out of his ass in terms of dumb decisions. Ginn is just way too one-dimensional for a team this deep.

I'm not sure I agree here. Ginn is one of the better return men in the league IMO. Kyle Williams just isn't trust worthy IMO and didn't do enough as a receiver to make me want him to stay around. Plus with us drafting Jenkins, this could mean bad news for Williams.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
See clyde. Posts like this are what I'm referring to. Complete ignorance.

Yeah. There's going to be some flak for this one just because guys don't know who Jenkins is (myself included). Again, the big thing for me is, could we have landed this guy several picks later? Should we have traded back?

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ah, hate to see Wilson go to the Giants.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damnit. Really good pick for the Giants.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will trade up to the first pick and take Fleener.

:becky:

If we do...I really hope it's for a pass rusher or OG. Won't surmise a player name because they really just shock me every year, but I'd like those positions.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah. There's going to be some flak for this one just because guys don't know who Jenkins is (myself included). Again, the big thing for me is, could we have landed this guy several picks later? Should we have traded back?

Answers we'll never have. But considering that Glenn, Konz, Upshaw and others (Fleener, Janoris Jenkins etc) are all still available we can certainly make a move tomorrow to get one of them.

Would anyone object to trading our 2013 1st round pick for a second round pick this year to get one of those guys?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aj Jenkins would have been gone by the Niners pick in the second round. But the Niners could have traded up in the second to grab him, And he will be better than Hill. I Like Jenkins just was falling in love with Upshaw still being available.

My thoughts right there.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answers we'll never have. But considering that Glenn, Konz, Upshaw and others (Fleener, Janoris Jenkins etc) are all still available we can certainly make a move tomorrow to get one of them.

Would anyone object to trading our 2013 1st round pick for a second round pick this year to get one of those guys?

I would almost always be against trading a future 1st...including here.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dang, I really like how the team is loading up on WRs. The passing game needs as much help as it can get, the young QBs need help if one of them wins the job and Smith needs help if he keeps it.

Yep...Harbaugh and Baalke are doing what they can to get Smith some weapons...and that says something about or WRs last season

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Branch:

Illinois WR A.J. Jenkins just spoke to the media on a conference call. Was almost literally speechless: "I had no idea I was going to go this early," he said. #49ers

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...Harbaugh and Baalke are doing what they can to get Smith some weapons...and that says something about or WRs last season

Picking up Brett Swain in the midst of a playoff run said everything...

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would almost always be against trading a future 1st...including here.

Yeah, even though we hope our 1st next season is at least as low (hopefully lower) as this year - I agree, I don't like trading 1st round picks including here

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not sure I agree here. Ginn is one of the better return men in the league IMO. Kyle Williams just isn't trust worthy IMO and didn't do enough as a receiver to make me want him to stay around. Plus with us drafting Jenkins, this could mean bad news for Williams.

Yeah, I realize the implications for Williams. My point is that I'd rather drop Ginn than Williams. I just hate keeping a player on the roster only to return kicks, and I like Kyle Williams despite the NFC Championship game. I don't trust him as a return man in terms of ball security, but he's got great quickness and instincts. I don't think Ginn is much better in that regard. And as a WR, it's not close IMO.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What this shows me is they have a back up plan for Moss. If he doesnt make the team or does something stupid, they have Jenkins to take his place.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The niners are going to have a late 1st round pick next year can trade it for someone this year who has a first round grade. So many good people falling down the draft board