• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The official '12 NFL Draft Thread - Going Live at 8 EST

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is the day people! Woohoo!

1.30. A.J. Jenkins, WR, Illinois

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess one of us needs to update the first post with Niners picks so the village doesn't get angry.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on who goes before 30, I got a feeling Amini Silatolu will be a 49er by tonight.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess one of us needs to update the first post with Niners picks so the village doesn't get angry.

LOL, Awesome Ray!

Completely draft related, I work at restaurant down the street from Radio City and last year I waited on the Equipment Manager for the Bills. We talked at length about the draft and I mentioned I was a Niner fan. He came in last night, after not being in for a year, and brought me a bag of Niner gear. He emailed a friend of his on the team and got a bunch of Sideline shirts and hats. Totally amazing. I'm wearing it with pride today. I also think I'm going to have to start rooting for the Bills too...:)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Awesome Ray!

Completely draft related, I work at restaurant down the street from Radio City and last year I waited on the Equipment Manager for the Bills. We talked at length about the draft and I mentioned I was a Niner fan. He came in last night, after not being in for a year, and brought me a bag of Niner gear. He emailed a friend of his on the team and got a bunch of Sideline shirts and hats. Totally amazing. I'm wearing it with pride today. I also think I'm going to have to start rooting for the Bills too...:)

That is awesome.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL, Awesome Ray!

That was very Classy of him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Awesome Ray!

jealous!!!

I'm going to start talking to random people from now on!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pats trying to move up?
1:38PM ET
New England Patriots

It seems that everyone has gotten the hint that the draft rumors hitting the wire later on in the process are largely smoke-screens, but that hasn't stopped them from flowing freely.

On Thursday afternoon, Albert Breer of the NFL Network reported that the New England Patriots had called the Seattle Seahawks, according to league sources, to inquire about what it would take to get up to No. 12 overall. Breer's educated guess is that the Pats are targeting Alabama S Mark Barron.

Barron's name is one that we've been hearing all day as a potential Top 10 pick, so moving up to 12 wouldn't do the Pats any good. But if Barron does manage to slide to that spot, we can't rule out such a trade taking place. By moving to 12, the Pats can jump ahead of Dallas, Philadelphia and the Jets, all of whom are rumored to be interested in Barron.

- Tim Kavanagh​

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Giants eyeing Kirkpatrick?
11:53AM ET
New York Giants

One player whose stock has allegedly been slipping over the past several days is Alabama CB Dre Kirkpatrick. The reality may just be that Kirkpatrick had not been as high on team's draft boards as some folks believed, and this is simply a correction of the earlier misplacement.

In any case, this is an important consideration for teams in the latter portion of the first round; while Kirkpatrick was at one time going as high as Buffalo at No. 10, it appears he may be on the board for teams in the 20s that are looking to boost their CB corps. What about the team at No. 32 overall?

Mike Garafolo of the Star-Ledger believes that Kirkpatrick's name is one that the New York Giants may put on their draft card should the Alabama product still be around for them at 32. The Giants hosted Kirkpatrick for one of their 30 allotted visits this draft season, so they should have a good idea whether they like him enough to make it two straight seasons of drafting a first-round CB (Prince Amukamara joined the team in 2011).

Given the Giants' recent strategy of taking the best player available on their board, it does not seem as though they'd trade up to nab Kirkpatrick, but if he were to fall through to them, he'd be one of the prospects under consideration. Of course, if he does make it that far, this could be a nice opportunity for the Giants to auction that pick away to the CB-needy teams at the front end of Round 2.

- Tim Kavanagh​

merc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exciting indeed. Still like the old format better, though....Saturday and Sunday. Gonna be an interesting draft this year, for sure.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for it to begin. Went out and got some lobsters and clams this morning. Clam chowder, steamers and lobsters for a clam bake right before the draft. Gonna have a clam bake in my back yard for me and my friends to celebrate the draft.

Can't wait for my patriot friends to come in contact with my giants friends. Gonna be interesting.