• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 10000 posts for a Husker Conference Championship Thread

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The athletic department confirmed that it WAS actually Bo and his account was not hacked. I thought for sure someone had hacked him. Good for Bo.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I was still slightly pissed at him, he totally redeems himself.

We don't see that side of him enough

You forget how happy he gets off season. Come summer he'll be fucking giddy.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Paul Rhoads hired Mangino as OC. Any thoughts?

Mine, Iowa really won't want to play them now.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Franklin will be gone when SE decides it's time to do something. Just hope it isn't PSU that gets him.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is because we are a championship team in July. Come November, well we just don't look at that side of the coin.

GO BO!!! Head Coach of the true Mythical Championship Team!!!!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I was thinking last night. It used to be whenever a coaching position opened up, especially SEC, the rumor mill went wild about Bo taking the job.

Vanderbilt is open and not one rumor. What's up? Has everyone decided nobody wants him or is it he can't make the academic requirements? :pound:

I know :lame:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I was thinking last night. It used to be whenever a coaching position opened up, especially SEC, the rumor mill went wild about Bo taking the job.

Vanderbilt is open and not one rumor. What's up? Has everyone decided nobody wants him or is it he can't make the academic requirements? :pound:

I know :lame:

Reportedly Vandy was going to match Penn St's offer for Franklin if he stayed. That is a six-year, $27 million deal or ($4.5 million) year. So it's not like they don't have the money for Pelini. They have a lot of wealth amongst their alumni and boosters. To hire Pelini for the same salary that he's getting here ($2.8 million) would be a huge savings.

The fact is Franklin proved he could build something out of nothing. Pelini took over an already established blue-blood program, loses 4 games a year (6 years straight), has a strained relationship w/ media and fans, and "how Nebraska loses" is a big factor.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Pelini's agent has contacted Vandy.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again who would we be able to get if or when Bo leaves. I would like the Patriots Josh Mcdaniels

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again who would we be able to get if or when Bo leaves. I would like the Patriots Josh Mcdaniels

It's not realistically up for debate at the moment.

Nor is it likely to be until Pelini either gets fired, his contract expires, starts beating the teams he's supposed to beat like he should, stops losing in ugly fashion, improves his media/fans relationships, and wins at least a conference championship.

I doubt anyone is willing to pay Pelini $2.8 million/year based on his current image.

Ok. He can win 9 games at the pre-established tradition rich blue-blood program that is Nebraska. :thumb:

Could he do that (from scratch) with a perennially mediocre or losing program?

Could he do what Snyder did at K. State (in the 90's), Franklin did at Vandy, Briles did at Baylor?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a legit argument....

We played in the Big 2 for years. Every season came down to who wins between NU and OU........and most of the time we got our asses pounded and then went and got our asses pounded in the bowl game.

We were good just for 2 short periods of time, and in one of those periods of time OU sucked balls.