• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Thread The NFL Draft.............

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good Cover skills and size.

Don't think he'll be the run defender at the next level that he was in College. Certainly can't be an in the box guy in the NFL. Doesn't have that amazing speed you want from a CB nowadays, but I think his best position is going to be slot CB. That seems to fit his skill set the best to me. I think he can play both CB and S though and either way he'll excel in the nickel so you just draft him as a DB
A taller Mike Hilton, who is an outstanding nickel CB.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting Jalen Carter scouting report. Inside info?

It was pretty nice of her to offer a scouting report for all the Philly ho cleat chasers. The NFL is really taking their out reach to the woman fan seriously.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Those guys will keep falling. Maybe a team that has an aging QB makes sense for landing spots.

Lions behind Goff?
Rams behind Stafford?
Raiders
Titans
Packers

Someone will take them in the right spot but no reason to panic on those two. Getting one in the 3rd would be nice value
Think they both go in middle to late 2nd....not the 3rd.

They just aren't 1st Rd material.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds right. Mazi Smith kinda screamed Chiefs pick given DT was a massive question mark outside of Jones, who has a massive contract questionmark. I have a hard time believing Clark Hunt was ever going to allow a trade out of the 1st round given the draft was in KC.
Trading down also would've meant KC would've lost that extra year of control. Personally, I thought FAU, Derrick Hall, and Tui Tuipulotu would've all worked in the same role so I think from a value standpoint I wouldn't have minded the trade down. I do think its possible that FAU separated himself from the other two with high football IQ. PFF I believe was saying that he was someone that really played the game of football with a plan. Add that to the whole 'hometown' thing and it has a real Nick Bolton vibe to it. Not a sexy pick but a high floor player that everyone will root for.

I'm guessing the Chiefs are probably looking at Gervin Dexter DT out of Florida or a WR in rd2. The Chiefs never really had the ammo to trade up in rd1 but they do have the ammo to trade up in rd2 or rd3.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa should take Levis at 50 and develop h behind Mayfield who only signed a 1 year deal.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading down also would've meant KC would've lost that extra year of control. Personally, I thought FAU, Derrick Hall, and Tui Tuipulotu would've all worked in the same role so I think from a value standpoint I wouldn't have minded the trade down. I do think its possible that FAU separated himself from the other two with high football IQ. PFF I believe was saying that he was someone that really played the game of football with a plan. Add that to the whole 'hometown' thing and it has a real Nick Bolton vibe to it. Not a sexy pick but a high floor player that everyone will root for.

I'm guessing the Chiefs are probably looking at Gervin Dexter DT out of Florida or a WR in rd2. The Chiefs never really had the ammo to trade up in rd1 but they do have the ammo to trade up in rd2 or rd3.
You like the pick?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good Cover skills and size.

Don't think he'll be the run defender at the next level that he was in College. Certainly can't be an in the box guy in the NFL. Doesn't have that amazing speed you want from a CB nowadays, but I think his best position is going to be slot CB. That seems to fit his skill set the best to me. I think he can play both CB and S though and either way he'll excel in the nickel so you just draft him as a DB
Yeah, he was pretty commonly mocked to the Jaguars because they need a slot DB. I do think run defense is an important trait in a slot CB, too, so thats probably Branch's fit.

Slot CBs do generally go round 2 or round 3, though.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me, at the office water cooler this morning, talking to no one in particular

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Bellichick traded back just so the Steelers would take the OT the Jets wanted
Considering it only took a 4th Rd pick to do it... Yea that seemed like a petty move for NE to spite the Jets

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt protecting Pickett
dwayne-wade-i-love-it.gif

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like the pick?
Without considering what else could have been gotten, its a very solid pick. FAU slots into that Frank Clark role and honestly Frank Clark only shows up about 5 or six games a year and was paid like a superstar. FAU is smaller than Omenihu who was picked up in FA so they'll play different roles that already exist within the scheme. FAU is a hard player to evaluate because Kansas State had a weird defense. I thought his film said 'round 2' but its entirely possible that his speed, power, bend, football IQ combination means that he could actually be a better pro.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well unless some great picks come the rest of the way, my draft was ruined with that number 4 pick. The one guy I didn't want for the Colts and we get him.