• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Thread The NFL Draft.............

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This quarterback class will be as big as a dud as the wr class.

They got Houston as a winner, but I think Stroud will be a bust. And that really bad trade with the Cards. When the Cards are taking advantage of you, than you know it is bad.

Last edited:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Philly edged Houston out of best round one draft.

#playing for second

Houston is a terrible team that projects to be terrible and they gave up what is very, very likely to be a top 10 pick next season.

So they basically turned the #2 pick, the #12 pick and a top 10 pick next year into Will Anderson (who I like) and a so-so QB prospect in Stroud.

That is NOT effective use of your picks IMO.

After watching it play out and seeing Levis’ fall, I’m not entirely sure that they couldn’t have taken Anderson at #2 and stayed pat and watch Stroud fall into their lap at #12. Or at least moved up later like Arizona did anyway if they were afraid of the Raiders and Titans and ended up with Stroud or Richardson at #6. Which in that case they get to keep next year’s 1st round pick.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Chiefs loaded up on EDGE and didn't take the bait on a tradeup. Omenihu can lineup at DT as well as EDGE. I'd like another DT though to get Nandi's mid ass on the cutting block.

With that being said, I am very curious what happens the next two days now. Makes me wonder if there is some teeth to the DHOP to KC rumors.
Would love to see the Chiefs get a bigger threat at WR but everybody knows Kelce is going to be the #1 target until he hangs it up.

Tony is a serious big play threat if he can stay healthy.

The Chiefs are just at that rare plateau where they seem to always have everything in place no matter who they bring in. Good times for us Chiefs fans.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 940.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...a corner won DROY last year. Didn't think it was a bad pick.
Agreed. And the Hawks other CB was 3rd in the voting last year. For me, when pick top 7-8 in the draft, you go best player available regardless of need or anything else. While technically, Carter is the most talented player in the draft, it's pretty obvious a lot of teams didn't view him as the "best" available. I think he could have maybe worked out in Seattle because of the culture and leadership and the Philly choice was good in that regard but Witherspoon is an opening day starter that can be a difference maker. The kid is on the same level as Gardner, imo as far as being pro ready. Seattle has a lot of picks so they can fill in depth throughout the draft. I don't see it as bad as others do but time will tell.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This quarterback class will be as big as a dud as the wr class.

They got Houston as a winner, but I think Stroud will be a bust. And that really bad trade with the Cards. When the Cards are taking advantage of you, than you know it is bad.
As I have said before on this thread, Draft grades are really, really dumb. Houston is only seen as a "winner" because they picked #2 and #3. We don't know how these players will pan out in 3-4 years. Who knows Levis/Hooker/Haener might end up being NFL stars and Stroud being a bust.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EDGE is all well and good. Alright, time to grab a RB.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had hoped Philly would get Smith. He is a nose tackle but more than just a fat guy. He has some athletic ability and seems smart.
They drafted that kind of player last year in Jordan Davis.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EDGE is all well and good. Alright, time to grab a RB.
Solid pick. Bengals were 29th in sacks last year, and struggled to get after the QB. A area of "need" that has quietly flown under the radar all off-season. Maybe their most pressing need, actually.

RB depth is deep. TE depth is deep. CB depth is deep. Getting a guy you feel is at the top of the board at DE, where the depth is not deep - is why you saw the Bengals make this move. Lou is a fantastic DC - and has worked wonders with scheme, fit, and talent. I have no doubt this will continue as Murphey fits exactly what they look for in a DE. In a rotation with Hubbard, Ossai, and Hendrickson - I think they will be able to get him playing at the higher levels seen at the college game more consistently.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have said before on this thread, Draft grades are really, really dumb. Houston is only seen as a "winner" because they picked #2 and #3. We don't know how these players will pan out in 3-4 years. Who knows Levis/Hooker/Haener might end up being NFL stars and Stroud being a bust.
Draft grades are dumb, as are mock drafts. Occasionally, you'll find a football fan who forms their own opinion. I still can't believe Dak Prescott is in the NFL. Shoot, him either, he went fishing draft weekend in 2016.

The entire NFC is playing for second place. Just follow the opinions stated here.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is an Eagle scout (pardon the pun) with his attitude. Caught several interviews with him and this kid is completely selfless with a team-first approach. Of course this will help balance out the me-first, lazy attitude in your first pick, Carter.
This is where culture makes an impact. The Eagles don’t seem to let that kind of smoke talk them off of players because they bet on their culture and their locker room. Carter will be walking into a DL room run by Fletcher Cox. He’s going to feel comfortable with 3 other former teammates from his defense in Georgia. He’s not going to be expected to start right away. He’ll work in a rotation where he will play 20-25 snaps a game first year so he has plenty in his tank for each play. Eagles nailed it last night.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very pleased with the Eagles night. Now turning the page for picks 62 and 66.
My board tonight for 62 and 66
1. Devon Achane RB
2. Sydney Brown S
3. Kelee Ringo CB
4. Joe Tippman C/G
5. Jalin Hyatt WR
6. Trenton Simpson LB

Take the two best players available from this list and I’m a happy guy.

Or…the homerun swing. I can’t believe Brian Branch falls out of the first round. Kid was only charted having missed 4 tackles in 3 years at Alabama. He can play in the slot, he can blitz, he can play down in the box as a strong safety type, he can play deep half like a free safety. He’s an SEC guy and the most versatile DB in this class for my money.

I checked the Jimmy Johnson points chart and picks 62 and 66 can get you to pick 35 with Indianapolis. Would be ecstatic if Branch is still there at that point for Eagles to trade up.

Another possibility exists to take one of picks 62 or 66 and make a deal for Budda Baker or Kevin Byard.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft grades are dumb, as are mock drafts. Occasionally, you'll find a football fan who forms their own opinion. I still can't believe Dak Prescott is in the NFL. Shoot, him either, he went fishing draft weekend in 2016.

The entire NFC is playing for second place. Just follow the opinions stated here.
That's a big thing too. People don't actually watch these guys play. They think if the media calls C.J Stroud the best quarterback or Jalen Carter the best defensive guy in the draft, then any team that gets him will have a major steal.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A clock would look great with that suit

View attachment 327262
Love the Cowboys pick last night. Thought Mazi was the best 1st and 2nd down (think run) DT in this draft. He’s going to demand a double. I think down the line he his pass rush will evolve as well. Great spot for him to do so because of the Cowboys edge rush attracting attention. I had this guy pegged. When others were talking about him going 35-40 I knew he had a great chance of being 1st round. Cowboys got better last night for sure. The Redskins pick was a head scratcher for me. I think there are better prospects on the board when they take him. Think that for the Giants as well. People were raving about Banks press coverage ability…they’re looking at him in college. NFL rules are different. His technique is illegal contact in the NFL. They need a lot of work to do on him.