• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Thread The NFL Draft.............

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why the Lions traded Swift, being they just drafted Gibbs, who I personally think is gonna be a helluva RB. Plus they inked David Montgomery to a three year deal. Not nearly as flashy, but he's steady and dependable. He'll likely be their best blocking back (try saying that 10 times fast). Hard to split up the playing time with three deserving RBs.

No doubt Swift should be an immediate asset to the Eagles. He's still young and seems to be a great combo running/receiving back, with a 4.6 ypc and averaging 52 receptions a year. He also has a knack for moving the chains and getting in the end zone.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never know in May.
Most teams feel good about the coming year. One thing I'm sure of is college is not the pros. Some big timers ain't so big time.

To quote Barry Switzer:
There are no Iowa States on the schedule.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why the Lions traded Swift, being they just drafted Gibbs, who I personally think is gonna be a helluva RB. Plus they inked David Montgomery to a three year deal. Not nearly as flashy, but he's steady and dependable. He'll likely be their best blocking back (try saying that 10 times fast). Hard to split up the playing time with three deserving RBs.

No doubt Swift should be an immediate asset to the Eagles. He's still young and seems to be a great combo running/receiving back, with a 4.6 ypc and averaging 52 receptions a year. He also has a knack for moving the chains and getting in the end zone.
I don't think one Lions fan will miss Swift. That should tell you something. From highlights he looks special, but I wish somebody put together a clip of his lowlights. They include towards the end of the season he would see players coming and just go down like a QB sliding, or going backwards out of bounds to avoid contact. You should do that as a QB. You can do that as a WR. RB's just can't do that. The injuries that have piled up have IMO affected his mental ability to play RB. He's out there playing scared. Maybe it will be better this season of he's all the way healthy, or maybe Philly is able to get more out of him than Lions coaches were able to. But this guy looked like he was done as a player to me.

To clarify I'm a guy who grew up watching Barry Sanders go out of bounds all the time to avoid contact at the end of runs. This is not that. Swift would bounce everything outside and even run backwards to get away.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think one Lions fan will miss Swift. That should tell you something. From highlights he looks special, but I wish somebody put together a clip of his lowlights. They include towards the end of the season he would see players coming and just go down like a QB sliding, or going backwards out of bounds to avoid contact. You should do that as a QB. You can do that as a WR. RB's just can't do that. The injuries that have piled up have IMO affected his mental ability to play RB. He's out there playing scared. Maybe it will be better this season of he's all the way healthy, or maybe Philly is able to get more out of him than Lions coaches were able to. But this guy looked like he was done as a player to me.

To clarify I'm a guy who grew up watching Barry Sanders go out of bounds all the time to avoid contact at the end of runs. This is not that. Swift would bounce everything outside and even run backwards to get away.
Well I have to admit I was going strictly by stats and not particular personal opinions of Swift and his game, especially from Lions fans. Might be a lot to what you're saying, but all I can do is look at the stats and they seem pretty solid. Maybe things will change for him in Philly.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have to admit I was going strictly by stats and not particular personal opinions of Swift and his game, especially from Lions fans. Might be a lot to what you're saying, but all I can do is look at the stats and they seem pretty solid. Maybe things will change for him in Philly.
His highs are extremely high. If Eagles figure out how to make that consistent and keep him healthy he will be an elite back. Most Lions fans have just given up hope for either of those things.

It would be cool if he did do it though, tons of talent.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: #Patriots Bill Belichick just wanted to "f--k the Jets" when he traded with the Steelers during the Draft, an NFL GM told the
@washingtonpost

"Belichick did it just to f--- the Jets. He sold low because he knew the Steelers were going to take the kid the Jets wanted to take.”, “Bill will try to screw them over any chance he gets. He knew exactly what he was doing.”

The report claims that Belichick took a lesser value trade than he could've in order to allow the Steeles to jump from pick 17 to 14 and draft the guy the Jets wanted, OT Broderick Jones.

The Steelers paid a 4th round pick for the move up, the report claimed the Pats could've gotten a 3rd from another team instead.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really believe that report that the Hoodie just wanted to fuck the Jets over... Because if they got a 3rd from another team, doesn't that still move someone into position to fuck the Jets?

Unless NOBODY else wanted Broderick Jones. And I don't believe that.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...Bill did Pittsburgh a solid just to piss on a division rival.

There's still a place for old school. ONWARD!