• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Thread The NFL Draft.............

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without considering what else could have been gotten, its a very solid pick. FAU slots into that Frank Clark role and honestly Frank Clark only shows up about 5 or six games a year and was paid like a superstar. FAU is smaller than Omenihu who was picked up in FA so they'll play different roles that already exist within the scheme. FAU is a hard player to evaluate because Kansas State had a weird defense. I thought his film said 'round 2' but its entirely possible that his speed, power, bend, football IQ combination means that he could actually be a better pro.
He should play opposite Karlaftis and could start right away...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well unless some great picks come the rest of the way, my draft was ruined with that number 4 pick. The one guy I didn't want for the Colts and we get him.
Well, the last guy I thought was an absolute surefire bust picked purely off of physical traits was Josh Allen, and well, yeah. I'll be quiet now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I don't believe Veach for a second when the was talking about offers existing that weren't good enough, imo. FWIW, Veach was saying the Chiefs would have to drop to the "mid 40's"
Yeah, it does seem that Veach wasn't telling the truth.

Interestingly, Brett Kollman mocked Trent McDuffie to the Chiefs last year and was going to mock FAU to the Chiefs in a bootleg mock I was watching but someone else talked him out of it. He seems weirdly dialed in to what Spags is looking for. I think he works for the Chargers now. I think its entirely possible that the Chiefs organization just really wanted FAU.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I don’t get that. Whoever makes that move could have dealt something similar for one pick earlier to the Chiefs and gotten the fifth year for the guy. There must be something I’m not seeing because on the surface a team trading the same assets essentially for 32 instead of 31 to get one less controllable year for a QB project is just mind boggling. The only thing that could change that calculus in my head is if we come to find out that the Chiefs wouldn’t come off that last pick from a PR stand point as draft host and having all those people out last night just to see the Chiefs trade out in the end.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well unless some great picks come the rest of the way, my draft was ruined with that number 4 pick. The one guy I didn't want for the Colts and we get him.
Check out my comments in the AR thread below. He’s going to be the best QB in this draft. He landed in the best spot for him to develop. You need to trust Steichen

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked him too. At the same time, I don’t like him where he was drafted. That’s a big reach in my mind. I saw their pick of Gibbs same way. Like the prospect but not as high as the Lions took them. Gibbs is likely there at the pick where they take Campbell. And Campbell is likely there when they select in round 2 tonight. Lions under Campbell have marched to the beat of his own drummer though and years from now if those guys are cornerstone and winning players, no one will care if they were overdrafted relative to media mock drafts.
Yeah they definitely seemed to panic and reach. I'm not sure Campbell is there in the 2nd for them but Gibbs was definitely a big reach

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that could change that calculus in my head is if we come to find out that the Chiefs wouldn’t come off that last pick from a PR stand point as draft host and having all those people out last night just to see the Chiefs trade out in the end.
I think thats exactly it. Also, I think the teams at the end of rd1 also wanted the extra year of control on the players they drafted. Bengals turn their card in really quickly IIRC. Eagles likely weren't moving off Nolan Smith for anything. Chiefs literally picking a hometown kid at a position of need with the draft in their hometown. Honestly don't think teams had a chance to move up.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they definitely seemed to panic and reach. I'm not sure Campbell is there in the 2nd for them but Gibbs was definitely a big reach
Through trades, Lions have pick 34 tonight. I think Campbell would have been there at 34. No other off ball LB was taken.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out my comments in the AR thread below. He’s going to be the best QB in this draft. He landed in the best spot for him to develop. You need to trust Steichen
I hope so. I'll root for the kid regardless but I'm not optimistic.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think thats exactly it. Also, I think the teams at the end of rd1 also wanted the extra year of control on the players they drafted. Bengals turn their card in really quickly IIRC. Eagles likely weren't moving off Nolan Smith for anything. Chiefs literally picking a hometown kid at a position of need with the draft in their hometown. Honestly don't think teams had a chance to move up.
I obviously follow things from the Eagles perspective and I agree with your assessment of their situation. We have been hearing for months how much they liked Smith. I think they would definitely have been a squad to entertain a trade back into the 2nd or even search for a 2024 1 for the pick but when Nolan Smith fell it became something they couldn’t pass. I think he was plan B at 10 if Carter didn’t drop.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta think Pittsburgh goes Joey Porter Jr.

Fills a need and the son of a Steeler great.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson isn't going to be the best QB.....LOL.
Time will tell. All of these guys have question marks increasing their bust potential but no one has the upside AR does. He’s in a great situation with Steichen at the controls. He will afford time to AR to develop. They will tear his entire footwork and mechanics apart and start over. Additionally, Steichen’s RPO work is a great way to ease a QB into reading NFL defenses. The Eagles lost a ton this off season from last year’s squad. The biggest loss was Shane Steichen. The Eagles turned the Siriani era around in year 1 when they were 2-5 and Steichen became the play caller. The Eagles were 23-7 since he took over play calling but 23-5 in games Jalen Hurts played during that period of time.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levis was a bit arrogant and a dick....plus his mom was a bit of a bitch.

No team wants another Baker Mayfield.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell. All of these guys have question marks increasing their bust potential but no one has the upside AR does. He’s in a great situation with Steichen at the controls. He will afford time to AR to develop. They will tear his entire footwork and mechanics apart and start over. Additionally, Steichen’s RPO work is a great way to ease a QB into reading NFL defenses. The Eagles lost a ton this off season from last year’s squad. The biggest loss was Shane Steichen. The Eagles turned the Siriani era around in year 1 when they were 2-5 and Steichen became the play caller. The Eagles were 23-7 since he took over play calling but 23-5 in games Jalen Hurts played during that period of time.
Young is set up for success with Carolina getting Thielen and Chark plus Hurst at TE and Sanders at RB.

Plus a pretty damn good OL