• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Thread The NFL Draft.............

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MV5BMDIyYjExYzctMmIyNi00Njg4LTgwYzktOTM3ZTNmZWQ4MTVhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI0MTM0MDA4._V1_.jpg

You make him sound like even more of a mystery than he already is.

I like Shroud, but its addition by subtraction if we're being honest. The other QB's that's gonna be drafted either have a hard time completing a pass or is too small.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Shroud, but its addition by subtraction if we're being honest. The other QB's that's gonna be drafted either have a hard time completing a pass or is too small.

.....you just dont like him enough to fix your auto-correct for him.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
So Bryce was to small to be successful on the top college football team in the toughest college conference?
sounds like size trumps everything - ability to read a defense and make the correct throw - excellent accuracy - excellent leader and team mate - escapability skills - ability to make off schedule plays.
I’ll be very happy to have the little fella lead my team.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Bryce was to small to be successful on the top college football team in the toughest college conference?
sounds like size trumps everything - ability to read a defense and make the correct throw - excellent accuracy - excellent leader and team mate - escapability skills - ability to make off schedule plays.
I’ll be very happy to have the little fella lead my team.
I have Young as my #1 QB. I think he should be the first QB off the board. Very smart. Very mentally tough. He makes great decisions under duress. Tight windows and off platform throws? Yep. Does it in spades. Just look at what happened against Texas in 2022 or Auburn in 2021. The Panthers need to get him weapons, invest in an offensive line, and have him gained at least 10 more pounds of muscle.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Young as my #1 QB. I think he should be the first QB off the board. Very smart. Very mentally tough. He makes great decisions under duress. Tight windows and off platform throws? Yep. Does it in spades. Just look at what happened against Texas in 2022 or Auburn in 2021. The Panthers need to get him weapons, invest in an offensive line, and have him gained at least 10 more pounds of muscle.
and three inches of height

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and three inches of height

seems like Carolina wants Stroud... But I think young is better for them... height doesn't matter if you are good scrambler and your offensive line is solid... Carolina is an above average O-line... so he can easily be like Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray when they were good...

Carolina wants to be a running team... let that include their QB!!!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because they didnt sign 2nd contracts with their drafting team, Roquan Smith, Minkah Fitzpatrick and Bradly Chubb are draft busts?!? You obviously can see the flaw in your own argument right?

That isnt a draft bust. That is a free agency mistake. They successfully picked a good player in the draft. When you are drafting, you arent thinking 4-5 years down the road if I can afford to pay him his 2nd contract or not.

I love how after I said besides the 2018 draft which was loaded with 1st round talent you ran straight to that draft try and flaw my argument also even then just because you named 3 players doesnt lessen my argument because I could give you a webster dictionary full of NFL names that didnt make it. Lastly I could argue they are busts because I am speaking from the point of view of the team I dont think if the Dolphins, Bears and Broncos could do the 2018 draft over again they would draft those players. They were all failed projects with their respective teams hence they are busts

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you clarified that so I didn't have to go back through the past few drafts and sort it out.

Thats a really high bar and you're probably right that you're only seeing 7-8 players hitting the multiple pro bowler, franchise cornerstone bar in the first round.

Id say there are probably only about 7-8 full-on busts every round. The other 16 or so players in between are solid.

DeVonta Smith, for example, probably isn't in your 'not bust' category but he certainly isnt a bust, either. Clyde Edwards Helaire is a bit of a bust on the Chiefs but he has also scored 18 TDs in his career. Noah Fant was a bit of a bust on the Broncos but they were able to get value from him by trading him to the Seahawks for what they thought would be a franchise QB.

That is another argument if someone where to say "hey he isn't an multi pro bowl, all pro player but he is pretty good" in that case I can see the positive thought on that player and assuming you are a Chiefs fan whoever you are picking at 32 I'm sure you are content with him being a solid/good player as your team is already great. However, as a Seahawks fan picking at #5 I am hoping my team isn't drafting a guy that is solid. Most definitely I am hoping they draft a cornerstone guy.

You brought up DeVonta Smith I think for this argument you have to look back at guys that have played out their rookie contract because Smith really could come out next season and have an all pro year some players need their 2nd or even 3rd year to break out.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated Vegas odds: Levis is favored to go #2. Wow, what a turn of events. At first, people thought (not me) that Stroud was going #1. Now he's looking at least #3 and might fall as far as the middle of the first round. That S2 test and interviewing might have spooked NFL teams too much.
I honestly think if Levis goes to a team that knows how to cultivate QBs. He will become a bad ass at the position.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how after I said besides the 2018 draft which was loaded with 1st round talent you ran straight to that draft try and flaw my argument also even then just because you named 3 players doesnt lessen my argument because I could give you a webster dictionary full of NFL names that didnt make it. Lastly I could argue they are busts because I am speaking from the point of view of the team I dont think if the Dolphins, Bears and Broncos could do the 2018 draft over again they would draft those players. They were all failed projects with their respective teams hence they are busts
Smith was great for Chicago. He didn’t fail. Ironically, he was too good and they didn’t want to pay a LB that salary he earned from being really good.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You brought up DeVonta Smith I think for this argument you have to look back at guys that have played out their rookie contract because Smith really could come out next season and have an all pro year some players need their 2nd or even 3rd year to break out.

Absolutely. However, the Eagles could just as well add more weapons in the draft (RB, TE, and/or WR) and Smith's role gets diminished. Do you really expect him to expand on almost 100-1200-7? Pretty damn solid already.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith was great for Chicago. He didn’t fail. Ironically, he was too good and they didn’t want to pay a LB that salary he earned from being really good.

He is a good LB I am sure he definitely fell into the realm of being a good player requesting money reserved for great players in which got him traded but at the pace his career is at he definitely isn't HOF or even in any ring honor of the Bears or Ravens alumni. Knowing what we know now I wouldn't use a top 10 pick on him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say eyeballing that draft, Smith is probably around the 12th best player from that draft. Could end up being top 5 if he has a long career. I do think in a redraft you'd probably take someone else but he's not a bust.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. However, the Eagles could just as well add more weapons in the draft (RB, TE, and/or WR) and Smith's role gets diminished. Do you really expect him to expand on almost 100-1200-7? Pretty damn solid already.

I'd say eyeballing that draft, Smith is probably around the 12th best player from that draft. Could end up being top 5 if he has a long career. I do think in a redraft you'd probably take someone else but he's not a bust.

Its hard to speculate on Smith he did have a solid rookie year and last year he was very good. He didn't make the pro bowl roster because the NFC and actually AFC are all deep at WR selections. We will see how he performs the remaining 2 years if they want to pick up his 5th year and if he is worth Tyrek Hill money.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a good LB I am sure he definitely fell into the realm of being a good player requesting money reserved for great players in which got him traded but at the pace his career is at he definitely isn't HOF or even in any ring honor of the Bears or Ravens alumni. Knowing what we know now I wouldn't use a top 10 pick on him.
He’s not a bust.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated Vegas odds: Levis is favored to go #2. Wow, what a turn of events. At first, people thought (not me) that Stroud was going #1. Now he's looking at least #3 and might fall as far as the middle of the first round. That S2 test and interviewing might have spooked NFL teams too much.
Apparently Levis went from 50/1 odds to go #1 overall to 10/1 odds.

Although most talking heads have moved the other direction on Levis. Chris Simms had him ranked 5th. Charlie Campbell (and his usually accurate mocks) have Levis down at pick 12. Almost every youtuber I've seen has Levis as QB4.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
curious
you desire QB and your options are Richardson or Levis.
Who are you taking Thursday?
Who would have you taken January 1 this year?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Levis went from 50/1 odds to go #1 overall to 10/1 odds.

Although most talking heads have moved the other direction on Levis. Chris Simms had him ranked 5th. Charlie Campbell (and his usually accurate mocks) have Levis down at pick 12. Almost every youtuber I've seen has Levis as QB4.
It’s based on friends and family members running their mouth because Levis told them that Carolina is taking him. Take that for what it’s worth but that’s what is at the core of the huge swing in odds today.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s based on friends and family members running their mouth because Levis told them that Carolina is taking him. Take that for what it’s worth but that’s what is at the core of the huge swing in odds today.
That doesnt seem too reliable, tbh, but I get it. Even without the rumor Levis has been rumored to go #2. Stroud was rumored to be above Young for Carolina because of his size. If Stroud is fading, maybe that leaves Levis.

This reminds me a lot of the 2018 NFL draft when Darnold, Mayfield, and Allen all seemed like they could go in any order.