• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Thread The NFL Draft.............

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you trade a top 10 pick for him?
No because I personally don’t place a premium on his position in my idea or good roster construction. Doesn’t mean the guy is a bust. The word bust is saved for guys who can’t even make it at all from round 1. Unfortunately, as an Eagles fan, I’ve seen too many of those guys. You’re misusing the already established word “bust”.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No because I personally don’t place a premium on his position in my idea or good roster construction. Doesn’t mean the guy is a bust. The word bust is saved for guys who can’t even make it at all from round 1. Unfortunately, as an Eagles fan, I’ve seen too many of those guys. You’re misusing the already established word “bust”.

yeah its just a difference of definition if my team spent a top 10 pick on a player and the team didn't get at all better, made on pro bowl selections with us and we just either cut him loose or trade him away while he still had value to me that is a failure reflection of a bad pick in the top 10. If he was drafted in the 4th or 5th round then that would be different.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah its just a difference of definition if my team spent a top 10 pick on a player and the team didn't get at all better, made on pro bowl selections with us and we just either cut him loose or trade him away while he still had value to me that is a failure reflection of a bad pick in the top 10. If he was drafted in the 4th or 5th round then that would be different.
It’s honestly really out there as an opinion. Every draft doesn’t produce 10 guys who are perennial All Pros. Based on your standard there are some drafts where it’s impossible to have ten sound picks in the top 10.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Startin to get those pre-draft nerves... Excited & scared

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Startin to get those pre-draft nerves... Excited & scared
Don’t be scared my guy. Just package pick 17 and the later of the round 2 picks you have to move up to 10 with the Eagles and draft the top corner left on your board (Gonzalez/Witherspoon/Porter), 3 solid takes at a position of need for the Steelers. Easy peasy, call it a day.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t be scared my guy. Just package pick 17 and the later of the round 2 picks you have to move up to 10 with the Eagles and draft the top corner left on your board (Gonzalez/Witherspoon/Porter), 3 solid takes at a position of need for the Steelers. Easy peasy, call it a day.
Surprisingly, our GM thinks his CB group is one of the deepest they have. Majority of the fanbase would disagree. Could be smoke & mirrors though.

IMO if they move up I hope its for an OT. Paris Johnson or Broderick Jones... Or else stay put and hope for Darnell Wright.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly, our GM thinks his CB group is one of the deepest they have. Majority of the fanbase would disagree. Could be smoke & mirrors though.

IMO if they move up I hope its for an OT. Paris Johnson or Broderick Jones... Or else stay put and hope for Darnell Wright.
I can see that focus as well. I have family in Pittsburgh (Seton LaSalle grads, Mount Lebanon area) so I follow you guys closely and the OL should be a point of emphasis. I stand corrected. I like Paris Johnson a bunch. If that’s the target, you may want to get on the phone with the Bears offering the same deal because if they stay at 9 and Jalen Carter and the edge guys are off the board, they may look OT.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that focus as well. I have family in Pittsburgh (Seton LaSalle grads, Mount Lebanon area) so I follow you guys closely and the OL should be a point of emphasis. I stand corrected. I like Paris Johnson a bunch. If that’s the target, you may want to get on the phone with the Bears offering the same deal because if they stay at 9 and Jalen Carter and the edge guys are off the board, they may look OT.
They invested a lot of time into combine & pre-draft visits with top tier CB talent so it is still possible. However, that talent pool is deeper than the OT pool, which in theory puts emphasis on OT. Excited to see how the chips fall, but nervous at the same time given what they gave up to move up to draft that turd Devin Bush years ago. Suffering from some acute PTSD there

I wouldn't mind if they packaged 17 & 49 to get their guy... And selling #32 to fall back a little bit to recoup some capital would be a bonus, but not exactly necessary. They have done a great job of filling out the roster in FA so getting 2 studs in Rd 1 would suffice.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I don't want to happen is Jalen Carter to slip to the Eagles. I think if he drops to around 7 they trade up for him. If they do I will of course come on here and state how dumb of a pick it was because he is a head case and then I'll go cry in my room.

Animated GIF

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you trade a top 10 pick for him?
I think there are teams that would trade a top 10 pick for him as a rookie. There was a team that thought he was worth a 2nd round and 5th round pick when paid. Very few non-QBs are going to be worth a top 10 pick when paid.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I don't want to happen is Jalen Carter to slip to the Eagles. I think if he drops to around 7 they trade up for him. If they do I will of course come on here and state how dumb of a pick it was because he is a head case and then I'll go cry in my room.

Animated GIF
Love the idea of the player but don’t want to spend extra assets to make it happen.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of Bijon buzz and too much Eagles talk for him for my liking. I think now that he is likely off the board before the Eagles pick at 10. He’s a threat to go to Lions at 6, Raiders at 7, Falcons at 8, Bears at 9. Also with all this Bijon to Eagles talk at 10 and the Bears possibly looking to move back for more assets, it sets up for a team to jump ahead of the Birds at 10.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of Bijon buzz and too much Eagles talk for him for my liking. I think now that he is likely off the board before the Eagles pick at 10. He’s a threat to go to Lions at 6, Raiders at 7, Falcons at 8, Bears at 9. Also with all this Bijon to Eagles talk at 10 and the Bears possibly looking to move back for more assets, it sets up for a team to jump ahead of the Birds at 10.

I projected him to the Bears at 9 recently. The Lions just spent money at RB to add Montgomery to Swift. Raiders could be an option if they aren't retaining Jacobs. I had Falcons trading up with the Cardinals for a QB (after the Colts trade up to 2), other wise they make sense too.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I projected him to the Bears at 9 recently. The Lions just spent money at RB to add Montgomery to Swift. Raiders could be an option if they aren't retaining Jacobs. I had Falcons trading up with the Cardinals for a QB (after the Colts trade up to 2), other wise they make sense too.
My Falcons fear is that there’s one QB they like but not love enough to give up assets to take him. They’re in a position to tank again for QB in 24 which is likely a better QB draft. Williams and Maye might be the two highest ranked QBs in this draft if they were eligible. I could see them taking Bijon in that scenario.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pssst, the Bears are at 9...........just sayin'.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Falcons fear is that there’s one QB they like but not love enough to give up assets to take him. They’re in a position to tank again for QB in 24 which is likely a better QB draft. Williams and Maye might be the two highest ranked QBs in this draft if they were eligible. I could see them taking Bijon in that scenario.

Makes sense. Waiting for that better QB draft can be a mirage though, a lot can happen in a season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense. Waiting for that better QB draft can be a mirage though, a lot can happen in a season.
No doubt. And as someone said on the NBA board. Nobody is trading out of 1 or 2 with Williams and Maye available next year so you have to nail that spot with a real tank.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my Bills are going receiver tomorrow night. Thinking Addison, Johnston or maybe even Hopkins. What do you guys think? Bean typically goes defense here.