• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Next 20 Games

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Bogut out, I see the Dubs taking at least 12 of the next 20. Rest him until 2013.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs BKN
@ DEN
vs MIN
vs DEN
vs IND
vs ORL
@ DET
@ BKN
@ WAS
@ CHA
@ MIA
@ ORL
@ ATL
vs NOH
@ SAC
vs CHA
vs LAL
@ UTA
vs PHI
vs BOS

I think if the Warriors split the next 20 games, that would be considered pretty good in my opinion. The Warriors have a huge stretch of 7 away games in a row. Detroit and Washington look like they would be wins, but Charlotte has been playing good lately and will likely be tough at home. A They play Charlotte, Denver, Brooklyn and Orlando twice in that stretch and I think they will end up splitting with those teams(not necessarily even with each team). Other wins for us could include: Minnesota, Indiana, New Orleans, Sacramento, and Philadelphia.

There are some tough games in there, but I like the optimism. It's going to be real important to see how this team responds to that 7 game stretch. If they end up going 2-5, it's going to be interesting to see how they come back from that.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs BKN
@ DEN
vs MIN
vs DEN
vs IND
vs ORL
@ DET
@ BKN
@ WAS
@ CHA
@ MIA
@ ORL
@ ATL
vs NOH
@ SAC
vs CHA
vs LAL
@ UTA
vs PHI
vs BOS

I think if the Warriors split the next 20 games, that would be considered pretty good in my opinion. The Warriors have a huge stretch of 7 away games in a row. Detroit and Washington look like they would be wins, but Charlotte has been playing good lately and will likely be tough at home. A They play Charlotte, Denver, Brooklyn and Orlando twice in that stretch and I think they will end up splitting with those teams(not necessarily even with each team). Other wins for us could include: Minnesota, Indiana, New Orleans, Sacramento, and Philadelphia.

There are some tough games in there, but I like the optimism. It's going to be real important to see how this team responds to that 7 game stretch. If they end up going 2-5, it's going to be interesting to see how they come back from that.

So far this season, the Dubbs have lost both games to Denver. They had a nice come back win on Saturday, but they face Denver again this week. Granted, we had some foul problems in addition to not having Jefferson nor Bogut, but Denver is really a top 4-5 team in the West right now. Iguodala was matched up with Klay in that game in Denver and he posed big time problems for KT - reminded me of when the Sonics used to matchup Derrick McKey on Mullin back in the days. This is where Klay is going to have to develop that penetration and take athletic defenders such as Iguo to the hole. Seeing how they play against Denver this Thursday should make for an interesting matchup.

As far as the rest of that schedule goes, the games against BKN/Wash and ORL/ATL are both back to back games. The way it looks, I see the W's going down in 4 of those 7 games on the road (MIA, BKN, ATL, and possibly CHAR). As you said, if they go 2-5 on the road, then their intestinal fortitude will be challenged for the rest of the season.

Apparently, Bogut is targeting a return this Saturday:

Andrew Bogut injury update: Warriors big man hopes to return on Saturday - Golden State Of Mind

He will be huge from just a defensive/rebounding perspective.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far this season, the Dubbs have lost both games to Denver. They had a nice come back win on Saturday, but they face Denver again this week. Granted, we had some foul problems in addition to not having Jefferson nor Bogut, but Denver is really a top 4-5 team in the West right now. Iguodala was matched up with Klay in that game in Denver and he posed big time problems for KT - reminded me of when the Sonics used to matchup Derrick McKey on Mullin back in the days. This is where Klay is going to have to develop that penetration and take athletic defenders such as Iguo to the hole. Seeing how they play against Denver this Thursday should make for an interesting matchup.

As far as the rest of that schedule goes, the games against BKN/Wash and ORL/ATL are both back to back games. The way it looks, I see the W's going down in 4 of those 7 games on the road (MIA, BKN, ATL, and possibly CHAR). As you said, if they go 2-5 on the road, then their intestinal fortitude will be challenged for the rest of the season.

Apparently, Bogut is targeting a return this Saturday:

Andrew Bogut injury update: Warriors big man hopes to return on Saturday - Golden State Of Mind

He will be huge from just a defensive/rebounding perspective.

I just don't think the Warriors match up very well with the Nuggets. Normally when the Warriors go small, they're able to hold some sort of advantage over teams with their ability to stretch the floor. Against Denver, the Nuggets small lineup is superior to the Warriors.

Andre Miller is a tough matchup and the Warriors often times will put a SF on him to try to prevent him from posting up. Playing Gallinari at the 4, they stretch the floor and bring yet another rebounder out of the paint, giving them many more offensive rebound opportunities. Iguodala is another nightmare match up because of his versatility.

After two games with the Nuggets, I'll be very interested to see what adjustments Jackson and his staff make.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think the Warriors match up very well with the Nuggets. Normally when the Warriors go small, they're able to hold some sort of advantage over teams with their ability to stretch the floor. Against Denver, the Nuggets small lineup is superior to the Warriors.

Andre Miller is a tough matchup and the Warriors often times will put a SF on him to try to prevent him from posting up. Playing Gallinari at the 4, they stretch the floor and bring yet another rebounder out of the paint, giving them many more offensive rebound opportunities. Iguodala is another nightmare match up because of his versatility.

After two games with the Nuggets, I'll be very interested to see what adjustments Jackson and his staff make.

Warriors won that game, but it was close til the very end. What I realized from watching that game is that the W's would be well served in having an athlete on their team in the mold of Iguodala. I know this is old news, but the rumors of Monte for Andre would have been interesting to see on this team, especially now since we don't even know how long Bogut is really out for. The Warriors like playing 3 guards in their lineup, and Iguo does a lot in terms of not only having an outside shot, but really knowing how to create his own shot. The W's don't have anyone on their team who's that creative in getting to the hoop.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs BKN
@ DEN
vs MIN
vs DEN
vs IND
vs ORL
@ DET
@ BKN
@ WAS
@ CHA
@ MIA
@ ORL
@ ATL
vs NOH *
@ SAC
vs CHA
vs LAL
@ UTA
vs PHI
vs BOS

6-1 during that stretch makes us 10-3 (I believe) during these 20 so far. Back to the house against NOH.

:clap2:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could see where a healthy Bogut would've played a huge defensive role.

True. although it wouldn't have helped much in the first half when the Kings back courts couldn't miss.

Very frustrating game. If you have a team with a solid big and good three point shooting, you have a decent chance of beating the Warriors.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. although it wouldn't have helped much in the first half when the Kings back courts couldn't miss.

Very frustrating game. If you have a team with a solid big and good three point shooting, you have a decent chance of beating the Warriors.

I would chalk the loss more up to failure to defend the arc than the King's back court not missing. Uncontested shots and poor defensive rotations. The thinking is that they will learn from this and get better.

Bogut will help, no doubt, but he won't help defending the arc where the main problem was.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would chalk the loss more up to failure to defend the arc than the King's back court not missing. Uncontested shots and poor defensive rotations. The thinking is that they will learn from this and get better.

Bogut will help, no doubt, but he won't help defending the arc where the main problem was.

Bogut will help the team defense overall. Players will be able to focus on specific spots, knowing he has the paint covered.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut will help the team defense overall. Players will be able to focus on specific spots, knowing he has the paint covered.

They could have used Bogut last night as well as the loss to the Kings. Not a surprise that the majority of the Dubbs' losses have been to teams with some interior presence.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have used Bogut last night as well as the loss to the Kings. Not a surprise that the majority of the Dubbs' losses have been to teams with some interior presence.

A healthy Bogut would make them a pretty formidable team. They have done a good job rebounding this year despite lacking size. I just hope, hope, hope that Curry's ankle holds up.