• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The newer footy thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think CR7 will be on a new team in January as this is not good...

If he wants to be in any kind of game shape for the World Cup they need to mutually terminate ASAP. It’s the only real solution here.

/then he should join City

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm - maybe Ronaldo shouldn't have signed that huge contract. I think both sides deserve each other.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The beautiful game :D

how does he keep up that façade of being surprised at the red card lol. That being said I did give him the benefit of the doubt until the different angle lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm - maybe Ronaldo shouldn't have signed that huge contract. I think both sides deserve each other.
It’s not even the contract - he wanted to leave all summer, he probably would’ve agreed to a mutual termination but United and Ten Hag insisted he was in their plans, which is obviously not the case.

So the only explanation is that the board wanted his marketing revenue on the books and refused to let him leave based on that.

And this isn’t at all to say that he should start every game on any team - no 37 year old should - or that his refusing to come on as a sub and storming off was defensible but Ten Hag has him warm up in the 50th minute and then try to sub him on in the 85th. Sorry but for that just leave him on the bench, otherwise you’re just causing humiliation to someone who’s done nothing to earn it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a lot to unpack in there but this part...good god.

For instance, as recently as during this World Cup cycle, men’s national team players and staff have been directed to give back to the federation the Team Canada sweat tops, pants and polo shirts they have been provided for training sessions.

The federation receives a few hundred sets of clothing each year from its sponsor Nike and doesn’t have enough for all the senior and junior national teams. Following senior team camps, some of their clothing has been laundered and passed down to players and staff at junior national team camps.

“It’s not great when you are asking Alphonso Davies and Jonathan David and our other star players to please give back their sweats,” the Canada Soccer source said. “It’s bush league.”

Senra confirmed the policy.

“Canada Soccer maximizes the use of its Nike product to support all national team program needs,” he wrote. “The rotational use of product allows us to ensure that all levels of Canada Soccer programming are ultimately prepared for their performance.”

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though I wasn't born yet my relatives who were around to this day still speak in misery about what happened with Portugal in 1986 when an incredibly talented team that 2 years before had only lost in the semis of Euro 84 to Platini's France by virtue of a 119th minute extra time winner and was chock full of players who would take Porto and Benfica to 3 of the next 4 European Cup Finals shit the bed at the World Cup because the players went ballistic on the federation over pay and image rights.

The shit going on with Canada one month before kickoff in Qatar seems much worse than that. You can't buy a Canadian soccer jersey anywhere here right now (here's Nike Canada's national team kit page lol National Team Football. Nike CA ). The players are refusing to star in ads and have essentially unionized.

Shitshow. If this isn't resolved in the next 10 days this isn't going to go well.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although flying business on Qatar in their Q suites is a damn nice experience.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guaranteed to be no. 1 for Portugal in Qatar and for Portugal to lose in PK's to Spain or Germany without getting a save lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Porto players watching from the plane knowing a miss takes them through the groups. Pick out the geriatric club President lol