• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new footy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Giovinco the best player in MLS? He's certainly making a good case.

yup probably ... i had read he wants to go back on loan to serie A after this season :noidea:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shit needs to stop if this league is ever going to be taken seriously.

catch 22 for Giovinco ... he wants to go back because Conte (if he stays on as national team manager) doesnt rate MLS so he wont call him up to the azzurri and Giovinco wants to get back on the radar

/saw conte say this morning that he still wants Pirlo to stay on ... and stay in Italy (lol)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
catch 22 for Giovinco ... he wants to go back because Conte (if he stays on as national team manager) doesnt rate MLS so he wont call him up to the azzurri and Giovinco wants to get back on the radar

/saw conte say this morning that he still wants Pirlo to stay on ... and stay in Italy (lol)
Well Gio had either the money or the recognition to choose from. He could've easily caught on with another club in Italy, he choose the $$$. Don't begrudge him that at all, but to think you're going to get capped while playing in America is foolish.

TFC's got a significant amount invested in him. He would have to be insured like crazy for them to let him go.

It'd also be crazy for Italy to call him up. Good youngsters coming up. Move on, and that includes Pirlo too. Time for them to focus their midfield on Veratti, Florenzi and Sturaro with DDR taking the elder statesman role.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a related note, UEFA U-21's begin next Thursday and Group B has Portugal, Italy and England. Should be tasty. I think Portugal's U-21 team may be better than the senior side right now minus CR, which is both exciting and sad at the same time. And they're fielding a team at the U-20s right now too.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it wrong that I want to see the onion bag filled with many Australian goals tonight in Winnipeg?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it wrong that I want to see the onion bag filled with many Australian goals tonight in Winnipeg?

no siree bob ... nuttin wrong with that! ... i want to see 6 Aussie goals scored via sliding kick/deflection and i want the ladies emerge from those girls pointing at their beautiful unharmed calves/shins/thighs

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every US player interview is TURF this and TURF that and Im slowly figuring out its a good way to deflect attention from Hope Solo and her domestic assaulting ways

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every US player interview is TURF this and TURF that and Im slowly figuring out its a good way to deflect attention from Hope Solo and her domestic assaulting ways
I read that the turf in Edmonton hit 120 degrees fahrenheit before the game. That could be a problem as I think design specifications limit it to 125 degrees before play can't be done safely.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“This stuff is starting to get annoying to me. Save it for Judge Judy,” Wynalda said. “I really don’t need to know what is going on the outside of the field right now.”

Did these people hibernate from September to February? The double standard being employed in regards to Hope Solo on the outrage meter is fucking disgusting. If this were related to Tim Howard he wouldn't even be on the fucking team. There would be front page above-the-fold pieces in the NYT and WaPo decrying Klinsmann and US Soccer for glorifying a domestic abuser. There would be follow-up pieces about the effect this must be having on his victims. Stephen A. Smith would bring a similar-aged child onto First Take and kick him in the face. Solo would ask for a trade to the Cowboys.

It's pretty straight forward: Solo shouldn't be on the team right now. Period.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“This stuff is starting to get annoying to me. Save it for Judge Judy,” Wynalda said. “I really don’t need to know what is going on the outside of the field right now.”

Did these people hibernate from September to February? The double standard being employed in regards to Hope Solo on the outrage meter is fucking disgusting. If this were related to Tim Howard he wouldn't even be on the fucking team. There would be front page above-the-fold pieces in the NYT and WaPo decrying Klinsmann and US Soccer for glorifying a domestic abuser. There would be follow-up pieces about the effect this must be having on his victims. Stephen A. Smith would bring a similar-aged child onto First Take and kick him in the face. Solo would ask for a trade to the Cowboys.

It's pretty straight forward: Solo shouldn't be on the team right now. Period.

more ...

Former USWNT member Heather Mitts also delivered a stunning remark that tried to say Solo’s off-field conduct didn’t matter

“I’m the type of person where, I don’t care what you do off the field, as long as you come and you bring it when you’re on the field and you’re a good teammate on the field. Unless it affects the team.”

Could you imagine, could you even imagine, what the uproar might be if Cris Carter and Tom Jackson said this about Ray Rice? Could you imagine the outrage if Michael Strahan had flippantly said, “leave it to Judge Judy” about Adrian Peterson? Could you imagine the response if anyone who spoke about the NFL this past offseason had said, “I don’t care what you do off the field” for those cases or worse or that they were annoyed by those domestic violence stories? It would be a nationwide controversy. Yet that’s exactly what Fox’s soccer analysts are trying to do with Hope Solo.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
america prefers its hot takes to be about hot turf

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the crowd in Winnipeg will be as "creative" as Jets fans are at the MTS Centre - At least I want to hear some counting every time Hope Solo handles the ball (lol)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winnipeg went Katey Perry for Corey ... do they go Han Solo for Hope?

:bolt:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the crowd in Winnipeg will be as "creative" as Jets fans are at the MTS Centre - At least I want to hear some counting every time Hope Solo handles the ball (lol)
Depends how many Americans bought tickets - could see them travelling well throughout this tournament.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're just guests in their league :canada: lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Southsiders taunt every opposing goalie kick with "You fat bastard" - Might need a slight tweak for the Nigeria - USA game at BC Place (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.