• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new footy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a gambling problem or a great way to make fast cash when the outcome is pre-determined :noidea:

Rampant poverty + bookies so stupid that they will actually post odds on this = Recipe for scandal

What exactly are the bookmakers thinking to offer odds on these kinds of matches? The only people who would put money down on it are (1) the inveterate gamblers I referred to, and (2) people who know the fix is in.

Apparently there is a market for this amongst the inveterate gamblers, else the bookmakers would not risk losing their shirts. That was where I was coming from in the earlier comment.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre only a degenerate gambler if you ever put money on an Uzbekistan Jordan qualifying game ... or Canada v Dominica :whistle:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of good seats available for the Women's World Cup game at Olympic Stadium in Montreal:

CHFZePqXAAAIVwH.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of good seats available for the Women's World Cup game at Olympic Stadium in Montreal:

CHFZePqXAAAIVwH.jpg
But they have real fans, unlike that Toronto place. Remember?

/How sad is that 76 Olympics symbol? It's like a reminder of everything that has gone wrong.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

/How sad is that 76 Olympics symbol? It's like a reminder of everything that has gone wrong.

Yes indeed. A death spiral for sure, but unfair to pin it all on the Olympics (not that you were). The french language silliness is more to blame......

What I remember about the Montreal Olympics is: Greg Joy in the high jump and Nadia Comeneci, my first crush.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes indeed. A death spiral for sure, but unfair to pin it all on the Olympics (not that you were). The french language silliness is more to blame......

What I remember about the Montreal Olympics is: Greg Joy in the high jump and Nadia Comeneci, my first crush.
I think some lady named Caitlyn was there, too...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ill step back from the edge on this one ... yes ... Toronto would have drawn better than that ... and better than what Moncton drew ... AND certainly better than the attendance at the Mali/Ghana u20 game in New Zealand

even friends and family failed to show up to that one

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill step back from the edge on this one ... yes ... Toronto would have drawn better than that ... and better than what Moncton drew ... AND certainly better than the attendance at the Mali/Ghana u20 game in New Zealand

even friends and family failed to show up to that one
I bet the inveterate gamblers did, though :D

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to question the organizers - I get they wanted the whole country to be involved, but the east coast is so unpopulated that to think they could get anything approaching a decent attendance was foolish. Maybe if the France-England game (involving two favourites) was in Montreal the O wouldn't have looked like a late 90s Expos game.

Status
Not open for further replies.