• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new footy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watching highlights from this Concacaf Champions League Final. The defending on those CA goals might have been the worst I've ever seen.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watching highlights from this Concacaf Champions League Final. The defending on those CA goals might have been the worst I've ever seen.

That first impact goal was no show of defensive mastery either

And nigel reo c at right back. Lol :L

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind of makes sense really. The article says they've already got one in Miami, which is a great location to potentially find talent immigrating from South and Central America and the Caribbean. Putting a location on the Pacific coast not only allows them to cover the other side of the continent, but will also give them a similar opportunity to find talent from Asia.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind of makes sense really. The article says they've already got one in Miami, which is a great location to potentially find talent immigrating from South and Central America and the Caribbean. Putting a location on the Pacific coast not only allows them to cover the other side of the continent, but will also give them a similar opportunity to find talent from Asia.
I get that, but a lot of the bigger clubs have been putting academies in places like Colombia, Chile, Ghana etc. Countries that are already football-crazy but could use more investment to unearth hidden gems that otherwise might not be found by the local clubs already there.

But on the other hand, it's easier to convince good youth coaches and trainers to move to Vancouver than Accra I'm guessing.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, but a lot of the bigger clubs have been putting academies in places like Colombia, Chile, Ghana etc. Countries that are already football-crazy but could use more investment to unearth hidden gems that otherwise might not be found by the local clubs already there.

But on the other hand, it's easier to convince good youth coaches and trainers to move to Vancouver than Accra I'm guessing.

Fortius is a world class facility ... renowned sports physios and doctors ... probably has something to do with it

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just worried Fortius wont be allowing the Cliff Avenue United u8's to play there next year lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all, the game was an exhibition in how not to defend.

watch Nigel saunter back

Benedetto recovered well from missing that goal line sitter i posted above ... hat trick ... including this beauty

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a bullet, but methinks Gigi Buffon makes that save...

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm thinking perhaps they're looking to move outside of the standard areas where teams are already heavily scouting and developing.

Between the US and Canada you've got a combined population of some 360 million people, yet only about a dozen or so players in the top 3 leagues in the world (sorry France and Italy) and none (to the best of my recollection at least) that are with the "cream of the crop" clubs like Barca, Real, Bayern, Chelsea, the Manchesters, etc.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barcas thought process probably is that this is an untapped gateway area ... where maybe ... just maybe ... if they took young kids away from the piss poor coaches they have and immerse them in the Barca Way ... well then ... maybe ???

Its interesting that they chose Fortius because its also home to alot of the Whitecaps younger (11 - 14) residency teams

Status
Not open for further replies.