• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new footy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting Chicharito as a striker will have that effect.

Put in Jese. Also, Atleti need to do something because Mandzukic has been a colossal waste of space up front. They aren't giving him any service whatsoever.
Fittingly, he's the one that puts the dagger in.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there are three teams all hoping to draw Juventus on Friday.

They're a good team this year, but they've had some lucky draws up to this point.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there are three teams all hoping to draw Juventus on Friday.

They're a good team this year, but they've had some lucky draws up to this point.

9 of last 10 games have been clean sheets but ... true ... theyd win the "which one doesnt belong" game on sesame street

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I thought that was going to penalties, even after the red it didn't feel like anyone was scoring

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barca Juve would be an appetizing encounter

:whistle:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bayern v Barca, Real v Juventus.

Pep returns to Camp Nou. Carlo gets to remind Juve about 2003's (god-awful, boring, uninspiring) Final. Hopefully Pogba is back and can prove himself on the biggest stage, because Juve is going to need it.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real would probably have been my last choice to face Juventus since I have a feeling that those games will be painfully boring compared to Bayern vs. Barcelona.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real would probably have been my last choice to face Juventus since I have a feeling that those games will be painfully boring compared to Bayern vs. Barcelona.
Depends. Real is going to have to make their new reality work, especially if Bale stays out. Hopefully getting Benzema back will create a more dynamic front three with Ronaldo and James than it was with Chicharito. Gonna be interesting to see if Carlo leaves Ramos in midfield, too.

Juve needs Pogba back to have any chance - they completely lack creativity with Vidal Pirlo and Marchisio in the middle.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In general though, Juventus is going to be happy to collapse into a defensive style and hope to score on the counter-attack. They know they don't have the skill to get into a shootout (figuratively, not the PK kind) with any of the remaining teams - hell, they have fewer goals scored than any of the other three have for a goal differential.

And it seems to me that Real is generally more willing to fall into that style and just poke and prod until they find an opening. Whereas Barca and Bayern I feel are less likely to do it that way.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In general though, Juventus is going to be happy to collapse into a defensive style and hope to score on the counter-attack. They know they don't have the skill to get into a shootout (figuratively, not the PK kind) with any of the remaining teams - hell, they have fewer goals scored than any of the other three have for a goal differential.

And it seems to me that Real is generally more willing to fall into that style and just poke and prod until they find an opening. Whereas Barca and Bayern I feel are less likely to do it that way.
People thought that about Real in last year's semi final, too. Look how that turned out.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Maybe I'm still just thinking about how boring Juve/Monaco and Real/Athletico was in the last round and fearing putting those two together.
Hahaha good point. Like I said, I think if Real get used to this lineup and get Benzema back, and Juve get Pogba back, we'll see some action. I hope.

Bayern-Barca could be fucking mind-blowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.