• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NBA rookies Thread

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it’s all said and done Josh Jackson will be the best all-around rookie from the 2017 Draft class. Bookmark it.

There aren’t enough games left this season for him to be the best rookie. But maybe he’ll have the best career out of the players from the 2017 draft class.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Embiid is Batman, Simmons is Azrael.

Azrael (comics) - Wikipedia

Powers and abilities[edit]
As Azrael, Jean-Paul has enhanced physical abilities. He has been shown to fight at heightened levels even when fatigued, a fact exemplified when Azrael was able to defeat Bane, despite suffering from both extreme exhaustion and Venom withdrawal.[20] He has also been shown to be able to resist an even more potent version of the Venom drug, having been able to break its vast addiction in only one night. Azrael is also a superior fighter; although he lacks technique and style in his fighting moves, he makes up for it with his inhuman speed, reflexes, and agility. Azrael has been able to match Deathstroke in a sword duel and has even defeated Batman in hand-to-hand combat.[21] This is not only due to his martial arts skills, but also due to his inhuman physical abilities.

Underline=no jump shot!

Oh, c'mon, at least one of you has to be a comic books nerd....

I’m down for that comparison.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still upset about your “Ben Simmons is Robin” comment. If Joel Embiid is the Sixers’ Batman, then Ben is at least on the same level as Aquaman or The Flash. A superhero in his own right but really dangerous when you put the right group of people around him.
I speak nerd fluently.

So, do you mean the Flash from the Comics or Movie?

Because the one in the Movie was pretty much useless in the beggining unless he was surrounded by Super Friends....lol

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I speak nerd fluently.

So, do you mean the Flash from the Comics or Movie?

Because the one in the Movie was pretty much useless in the beggining unless he was surrounded by Super Friends....lol

I’m much more into Marvel than DC so I can’t say for sure. I probably would not welcome a Flash comparison either way, as I’ve never been much of a fan. But I’d certainly take either over Robin.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Embiid is Batman, Simmons is Azrael.

Azrael (comics) - Wikipedia

Powers and abilities[edit]
As Azrael, Jean-Paul has enhanced physical abilities. He has been shown to fight at heightened levels even when fatigued, a fact exemplified when Azrael was able to defeat Bane, despite suffering from both extreme exhaustion and Venom withdrawal.[20] He has also been shown to be able to resist an even more potent version of the Venom drug, having been able to break its vast addiction in only one night. Azrael is also a superior fighter; although he lacks technique and style in his fighting moves, he makes up for it with his inhuman speed, reflexes, and agility. Azrael has been able to match Deathstroke in a sword duel and has even defeated Batman in hand-to-hand combat.[21] This is not only due to his martial arts skills, but also due to his inhuman physical abilities.

Underline=no jump shot!

Oh, c'mon, at least one of you has to be a comic books nerd....
Dude, Dick Grayson Robin was awesome.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m much more into Marvel than DC so I can’t say for sure. I probably would not welcome a Flash comparison either way, as I’ve never been much of a fan. But I’d certainly take either over Robin.
.....which would explain why the comparison bothers you.

Dick Grayson, Robin, eventually takes over and becomes Batman.

Grayson, Cato from Green Hornet...all Sidekicks that surpassed their superiors.

You like Marvel.

So, how about Jean Grey ?

Jean was more powerful than Professor X.

But, she wasn't confident in her abilities....

Kinda like Ben and his jumper.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....which would explain why the comparison bothers you.

Dick Grayson, Robin, eventually takes over and becomes Batman.

Grayson, Cato from Green Hornet...all Sidekicks that surpassed their superiors.

You like Marvel.

So, how about Jean Grey ?

Jean was more powerful than Professor X.

But, she wasn't confident in her abilities....

Kinda like Ben and his jumper.

I’ll never be sold on Robin. If Robin were so great, Dick Grayson wouldn’t have needed to “graduate” to become Nightwing or fill in for Batman. He’d just stay as Robin.

I love Jean Grey, though I’m not sure about the “more powerful than Professor X” line. Debatable, though she’s very bad ass.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Dick Grayson Robin was awesome.

You know that. I know that.
Most of these slobs have no idea who Nightwing is.

They associate Robin as being more of a lesser sidekick.
The fools.....

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Jean Grey, though I’m not sure about the “more powerful than Professor X” line. Debatable, though she’s very bad ass.

She is. It's referenced in the movies. She's a class five, same as Prof X, but I believe in one of the movies they refer to her as more powerful than Chuck.

He might be the better telepath, but Jean has 'other' powers....

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is. It's referenced in the movies. She's a class five, same as Prof X, but I believe in one of the movies they refer to her as more powerful than Chuck.

All true. Depends on what you mean my “more powerful.” Ive got my doubts that she could best Xavier in a battle. And we don’t know what would happen if Phoenix and Onslaught were to battle one another.

She’s probably more powerful. The movies are not gospel, though. In fact, I’ve thought most of the movies sucked.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll never be sold on Robin. If Robin were so great, Dick Grayson wouldn’t have needed to “graduate” to become Nightwing or fill in for Batman. He’d just stay as Robin.

Dude, she totally surpassed Xavier.

It was always a issue of control with her.

Jean Grey: It has also been said that Jean Grey is an omega level mutant with telepathic and telekinetic abilities. With that being such a rare combination, shes pretty powerful. But her being "younger" and inexperienced she wasn't as formidable as Prof X with her telepathy, but when she housed the Phoenix force she had unimginable abilities linked directly with her telepathy. So with her being an Omega level mutant that makes her more powerful than Prof X and every other psychic mutant regardless of the Phoenix force.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All true. Depends on what you mean my “more powerful.” Ive got my doubts that she could best Xavier in a battle. And we don’t know what would happen if Phoenix and Onslaught were to battle one another.

She’s probably more powerful. The movies are not gospel, though. In fact, I’ve thought most of the movies sucked.

I just want to say this discussion makes my heart sing.

But, @trojanfan12 is going to ban us if we don't stop....lol

Go Sixers!!!!!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Phoenix force gives her the edge.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, she totally surpassed Xavier.

It was always a issue of control with her.

Jean Grey: It has also been said that Jean Grey is an omega level mutant with telepathic and telekinetic abilities. With that being such a rare combination, shes pretty powerful. But her being "younger" and inexperienced she wasn't as formidable as Prof X with her telepathy, but when she housed the Phoenix force she had unimginable abilities linked directly with her telepathy. So with her being an Omega level mutant that makes her more powerful than Prof X and every other psychic mutant regardless of the Phoenix force.

I’ll concede on this issue. I’d take Jean Grey over Xavier. Still not sure she could actually defeat him if needed, though. Regardless, her powers are much more valuable overall when having to battle others.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll concede on this issue. I’d take Jean Grey over Xavier. Still not sure she could actually defeat him if needed, though. Regardless, her powers are much more valuable overall when having to battle others.
.....and I concede that Simmons is not Alfred.

That's not what I was suggesting. But, I can see why Philly fans would take it that way.

I see them more of a Magic/Kareem tandem, not Kareem and A.C. Green.

Kareem got the buckets, Magic set the table.

The dynamic in Philly is very similar....imo

Hope that clears it up a bit.