• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NBA rookies Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not reading this. It's the weekend. Can you shorten your summarization?
Simmons better than Ball, red shirt year be damned cause it didn't really help any of those other bums improve.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many excuses.

th

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @76ers fans and bks not being able to handle facts.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Ball do last night? Went to bed early

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons better than Ball, red shirt year be damned cause it didn't really help any of those other bums improve.

Simmons better than Ball? Be careful, don't let Papa Ball hear you saying that!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!?

:stephena:

Yes really. Shopson tried to argue that Simmons achievements don't really count the same because he's a redshirt. Is that what you are claiming is a fact?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes really. Shopson tried to argue that Simmons achievements don't really count the same because he's a redshirt. Is that what you are claiming is a fact?

Uh, yes he did state facts and he also added the redshirt comment which he stated was a presumption. So you were given facts, but you chose to single out what was already an admitted presumption and pretended it was stated as a fact.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, yes he did state facts and he also added the redshirt comment which he stated was a presumption. So you were given facts, but you chose to single out what was already an admitted presumption and pretended it was stated as a fact.

Well ok. They are facts.

You know what else is a fact? That aside from the game against a woeful Suns team Lonzo Ball has shot 11% from 3 this year. Aside from the Suns game, Ball has made 8 baskets this season.

Personally I'm not much concerned about how Ball turns out. We were never going to draft him so I don't much care about the Ball vs Fultz debate. And I honestly don't care who wins RoY. It's super minor to me. And there is a lot of basketball yet to play this season so comparing the Ball and Simmons right now is nothing more than forgettable chit chat.

But so far any objective observer will say that Simmons is the RoY. That doesn't mean he will win it. But that really isn't a debatable point.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ok. They are facts.

You know what else is a fact? That aside from the game against a woeful Suns team Lonzo Ball has shot 11% from 3 this year. Aside from the Suns game, Ball has made 8 baskets this season.

Personally I'm not much concerned about how Ball turns out. We were never going to draft him so I don't much care about the Ball vs Fultz debate. And I honestly don't care who wins RoY. It's super minor to me. And there is a lot of basketball yet to play this season so comparing the Ball and Simmons right now is nothing more than forgettable chit chat.

But so far any objective observer will say that Simmons is the RoY. That doesn't mean he will win it. But that really isn't a debatable point.

No one has said that Simmons isn't going to win the RoY or that he isn't the current front runner. All that was pointed out was that, in some of these stats, they are very close.

Not sure why some of you Sixers fans are so defensive about Simmons.

From what I've seen, both players have the ability to be very good in this league and neither is as good as they ultimately will be if they can stay healthy and are willing to put in the work.

We are 5 games into the season. There are 77 more to go. A lot can and likely will change over the next few months. Both of these guys will have games where they look like future HOF'ers and they will have some games where they look like they are playing with a square basketball.

It's going to get interesting to see how each player (and a few of the other rooks) look in about 20 games from now when there is a book on them and they have to make adjustments to what teams start doing to them.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons better than Ball? Be careful, don't let Papa Ball hear you saying that!
He is.

He has the body of a grown ass man already.

So, it's not really a surprise.

There are some solid Pf's in the NBA.

But, I think we can all agree that the cream of the crop is at the sf and pg positions.

So, it should be expected that Lonzo is getting worked some nights.

He is struggling with his shot and defensive rotations.

But, he has done many things right and he's exceeding expectations in boards and assist.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has said that Simmons isn't going to win the RoY or that he isn't the current front runner. All that was pointed out was that, in some of these stats, they are very close.

From what I've seen, both players have the ability to be very good in this league and neither is as good as they ultimately will be if they can stay healthy and are willing to put in the work.

We are 5 games into the season. There are 77 more to go. A lot can and likely will change over the next few months. Both of these guys will have games where they look like future HOF'ers and they will have some games where they look like they are playing with a square basketball.

It's going to get interesting to see how each player (and a few of the other rooks) look in about 20 games from now when there is a book on them and they have to make adjustments to what teams start doing to them.
I'm not surprised by the Lakers/76ers fans competition.

You both have tons of young talent and bright futures.

The Embiid/Ball chirping just adds an extra layer.

Like LeBron, Simmons comes into the league with the body of a grown ass man.

So, it's easier for him.

You can have the talent, but if you lack the size or strength, you are gonna struggle in the beginning.

* See Dirk.

Lonzo is not gonna score a ton every night.

That's not what's expected of him and it's not why he was drafted.

People have to remember that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was responding to your comment about how Sixers fans are denying facts. I think you know why Sixers fans responded to Shopson's post and it wasn't to do with the stats.

I more or less agree. We are 5% into the season. Things are likely to look very differently at the end of the season.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @76ers fans and bks not being able to handle facts.

Who can’t handle facts? Shopson’s post was full of excuses for why Simmons is having a better season than Ball so far.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan Mitchell says wassup.

#DoingSummerLeagueThangz