• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The N Word Is Wrong No Matter Who It Is

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a fucking break. You think these young kids grasp the meaning of this debate? I remember as a small child being reprimanded by a neighbor for putting a coin in my mouth as a very small child. He told me a ****er might have held that same coin. These last couple of generations have no clue what this conversation is about of the hate and harm earlier generations heaped on people of color.

I am blessed that my family never said anything of the sort.

You make some pretty arrogant and bold assumptions. I was agreeing with you in saying that no one should use the term. Then you go on this rant like I'm some igorant kid. Give me a fricken break. All I said was that society needs to make up its mind. Either the term is to be demonized for all to use, or no one should use it. If a black guy says any racial slur against whites, no one would take it anywhere near as seriously as a white person using the "N" word. Get over the past and learn to hold people to equal standards. Equality goes both ways. If you think that the N word is so horrible, then why would any self-respecting black individual use it anyway? Seriously, answer that for me with a logical explanation. You can't.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not judging you, im just sick of ppl saying other races cant use the word without blacks getting mad, when that is not true.

So where exactly have you seen say, white people dropping the term around black folks without any feathers being ruffled either by black folks themselves, or PC white folks? Every time I've heard a white person say the term even in general discussion for say historical reasons that are in no way said in hate, there's awkwardness in the room. I'm not sure what world you've been living in to think that people generally consider it okay for non-blacks to use the term, let alone white people using it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where exactly have you seen say, white people dropping the term around black folks without any feathers being ruffled either by black folks themselves, or PC white folks? Every time I've heard a white person say the term even in general discussion for say historical reasons that are in no way said in hate, there's awkwardness in the room. I'm not sure what world you've been living in to think that people generally consider it okay for non-blacks to use the term, let alone white people using it.

In my HS white ppl always said it and it was fine.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uh, every freaking day! My white, asian, and Hispanic friends use it.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paula Deen was dropped by the food network and many sponsors just because she said under oath that she had once used the word ****er but it was many years ago.

So as you can see, the word is well embraced and it's no big deal to others.

:rolleyes2:

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make some pretty arrogant and bold assumptions. I was agreeing with you in saying that no one should use the term. Then you go on this rant like I'm some igorant kid. Give me a fricken break. All I said was that society needs to make up its mind. Either the term is to be demonized for all to use, or no one should use it. If a black guy says any racial slur against whites, no one would take it anywhere near as seriously as a white person using the "N" word. Get over the past and learn to hold people to equal standards. Equality goes both ways. If you think that the N word is so horrible, then why would any self-respecting black individual use it anyway? Seriously, answer that for me with a logical explanation. You can't.

I grew up during the Civil Rights Era. But hey, you tell me how it is. I am all ears.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paula Deen was dropped by the food network and many sponsors just because she said under oath that she had once used the word ****er but it was many years ago.
Its actually almost creepy the way corporations are treating race these days. Its almost as if companies think that if they put black people in commercials as upper middle class that no one will notice that their company doesn't hire many black people in real life

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you missed where other races use it too.

They can make all of the excuses they want, and while some black people won't take offense when they hear the word, most will take offense if a white man uses the word and most of the black people accept it when someone from their own race uses it. As far as I am concerned, I don't associate with those that use that kind of language period and regardless of their race, religion or sexual preference. I hang with educated people when I'm not in here.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can make all of the excuses they want, and while some black people won't take offense when they hear the word, most will take offense if a white man uses the word and most of the black people accept it when someone from their own race uses it. As far as I am concerned, I don't associate with those that use that kind of language period and regardless of their race, religion or sexual preference. I hang with educated people when I'm not in here.

You "hang" with educated people? You speak and type the most retarded shit on the internet so I highly doubt any educated people are "hanging" with you. Besides, the manager at Arby's doesn't count and the housekeeping staff at the seedy Motel you live at don't count either. :noidea::noidea:

As for the N word. I could give a F*** who uses it. It's just a word and words don't make the man. Going to church and not using drugs makes the man.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You "hang" with educated people? You speak and type the most retarded shit on the internet so I highly doubt any educated people are "hanging" with you. Besides, the manager at Arby's doesn't count and the housekeeping staff at the seedy Motel you live at don't count either. :noidea::noidea:

As for the N word. I could give a F*** who uses it. It's just a word and words don't make the man. Going to church and not using drugs makes the man.

The internet isn't the real world dumbass - Most of them in here are trailer trash like you

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnw6ZpHGjNQ"]Tropic Thunder - 400 years - YouTube[/ame]

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna go on record as to say that I am black and one of the most ignorant things I see is when a black person says its wrong to say the N word when any race says it but he himself says it all the time....

Its a shame and my opinion is is that word really brings down the black community

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna go on record as to say that I am black and one of the most ignorant things I see is when a black person says its wrong to say the N word when any race says it but he himself says it all the time....

Its a shame and my opinion is is that word really brings down the black community

My response to an earlier poster who said that he uses the word and will continue to use it is very simple. If you want to sound like you're from the ghetto and have zero education - then go ahead and use the word. People with an educated background, however do not use that kind of language. I get the impression you're one of those educated persons. A person that is not educated is not necesarily one who has been to college, butcan be a person who has educated himself in life. Schooling and teaching is learning and booksmarts but not the same as knowing how to use what one has learned

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How does it bring down the community? I dont use it in my professional life or in public. However, I don't let what a white person may think about me using it amongst my friends sway me. I got over letting white people define what I think and do a long time ago. As for white people acting like spoiled children becasue they can't say without backlash it I would have to to say thats too bad. They need to get rid of that entitlement problem. I wouldn't call a woman a bitch just because two women used the words among themselves.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does it bring down the community? I dont use it in my professional life or in public. However, I don't let what a white person may think about me using it amongst my friends sway me. I got over letting white people define what I think and do a long time ago. As for white people acting like spoiled children becasue they can't say without backlash it I would have to to say thats too bad. They need to get rid of that entitlement problem. I wouldn't call a woman a bitch just because two women used the words among themselves.

It brings down the community because if you don't respect yourself and your own family, then those that are not in your family will not respect you or them either. The black community is a family in many ways and if they want to be treated with respect and treated as educated and intelligent people - then they need to act like it

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The N word doesn't bring down our community....Black on black word violence does

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this topic is in 'kill it with fire' territory. Nobody is changing anyone's mind about this one

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It brings down the community because if you don't respect yourself and your own family, then those that are not in your family will not respect you or them either. The black community is a family in many ways and if they want to be treated with respect and treated as educated and intelligent people - then they need to act like it

How is it disrespecting someone to use it talking to a friend? Again you are talking about what someone else thinks about me or my family. I dont care what you think. Does that make sense?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The N word doesn't bring down our community....Black on black word violence does

The words go with the violence that follows though - the mentality is normally the same. Matt Barnes is a classic example - He has always been a thug

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it disrespecting someone to use it talking to a friend? Again you are talking about what someone else thinks about me or my family. I dont care what you think. Does that make sense?

Your friend has a name - his name is not stupid, his name is not asshole or something worse. It's disrepectul to be calling him ugly names. Not much of a friend if you ask me. That's fine if you don't care what I think, I don't care what you think either. That makes us equal. You asked how it brings down the community and I gave you an answer.