• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...uhm no. Not my speed.

Thanks for sharing but too slow and his voice is less than melodic For Me.
But hey, here's this. No, it's not new.

I remember that old tune for sure. GR8 song

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‘easy living’ … reminded me of Clean Living, out here in Amherst ‘72 (?)

that was incredibly gay robert downey jr GIF

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016. Upgraded in 2020. Upgraded again in 2023 but the motherboard is still 2016.
Time to bite the bullet.
What were upgraded? Processor? Memory? Storage?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016. Upgraded in 2020. Upgraded again in 2023 but the motherboard is still 2016.
Time to bite the bullet.
So your OC is at least eight years old. Yup time to upgrade.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were upgraded? Processor? Memory? Storage?
Storage, replaced the HD, upgraded and updated drivers and moved up to Microsoft Windows 10 and then 11.
There is not much out there for "Fixing" or "Updating" older systems. The guy down here found that the guy in NH piggybacked my old HD with a new HD and they were doing the same thing twice and it was crippling my system. He took out both and put a new HD in and tweeked some other stuff. Works fast but he warned me that the motherboard cannot be changed out in HP systems so it's just a matter of time before it starts to fail.

I don't profess to be a PC expert. I really don't have tremendous knowledge and generally try to research before spending money. The guy down here says he can sell me a fantastic system for what I need and move everything from this unit to the new one all inclusive for $700. So I go online and find 2023 units for $250-$500 and a program that can transfer everything from the old to the new for $129. Buying software of any kind makes me nervous because one never knows if it has a back door that the coder put in that will allow him access to my bank, stocks, IRAs and everything else.

I had a stupid hacker break into my bank account and use "my" Bill Pay to pay off two of "his" credit cards. He worked for my bank and was hitting multiple customers and didn't know he was leaving behind an open trail. They gave me back the $12,600 he took but they had to kill my account, open a new one, get me new checks, new credit card and debit card and I had to redo all of my direct deposits from Social Security and VA Disability to retirement deposits and stock dividend deposits. It was a friggin' nightmare. I wanted the guy's name but they would never give me anything. I would have cut off both of his thumbs and index fingers.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Storage, replaced the HD, upgraded and updated drivers and moved up to Microsoft Windows 10 and then 11.
There is not much out there for "Fixing" or "Updating" older systems. The guy down here found that the guy in NH piggybacked my old HD with a new HD and they were doing the same thing twice and it was crippling my system. He took out both and put a new HD in and tweeked some other stuff. Works fast but he warned me that the motherboard cannot be changed out in HP systems so it's just a matter of time before it starts to fail.

I don't profess to be a PC expert. I really don't have tremendous knowledge and generally try to research before spending money. The guy down here says he can sell me a fantastic system for what I need and move everything from this unit to the new one all inclusive for $700. So I go online and find 2023 units for $250-$500 and a program that can transfer everything from the old to the new for $129. Buying software of any kind makes me nervous because one never knows if it has a back door that the coder put in that will allow him access to my bank, stocks, IRAs and everything else.

I had a stupid hacker break into my bank account and use "my" Bill Pay to pay off two of "his" credit cards. He worked for my bank and was hitting multiple customers and didn't know he was leaving behind an open trail. They gave me back the $12,600 he took but they had to kill my account, open a new one, get me new checks, new credit card and debit card and I had to redo all of my direct deposits from Social Security and VA Disability to retirement deposits and stock dividend deposits. It was a friggin' nightmare. I wanted the guy's name but they would never give me anything. I would have cut off both of his thumbs and index fingers.
I do profess to be a PC expert but I'm not a geek about it. PCs are like cars where the major makers create bundles so you can get something in the 2 to 500 range but be missing "that one thing" that shouldn't be expensive but is held out until you hit the 700 range. I don't mean those figures literally but you get the point. Often the one thing is dual channel memory which allows the system to access the memory twice as fast. It could also be a solid state drive instead of a hard drive.

Honestly, I'd buy from "the guy" and ask him about the typical bottlenecks and why his system avoids them.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do profess to be a PC expert but I'm not a geek about it. PCs are like cars where the major makers create bundles so you can get something in the 2 to 500 range but be missing "that one thing" that shouldn't be expensive but is held out until you hit the 700 range. I don't mean those figures literally but you get the point. Often the one thing is dual channel memory which allows the system to access the memory twice as fast. It could also be a solid state drive instead of a hard drive.

Honestly, I'd buy from "the guy" and ask him about the typical bottlenecks and why his system avoids them.
Thanks. I think that's the way to go. He lives about three miles from me and has his repair shop is in his house and he generally spends every day on the road doing "in home repairs."

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I think that's the way to go. He lives about three miles from me and has his repair shop is in his house and he generally spends every day on the road doing "in home repairs."
A lot depends on you needs. I am an on line gamer so no way you need to PC or Laptop I have unless you game. Do you use it for business or bill paying, tracking purchases or warrenties etc. Or for the most part are you reading the news, chatting with us, or looking for a day or weekend trip