• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids are not growing up resilient these days.
Boys are not getting punched in the mouth
Girls are prevented from being bullied about an ugly top they wore
Parents carry them around from place to place in the family "bubble"
Kids are taught that all people are equal. Really?
Everybody gets a trophy instead of the winners?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever hear of a medical operation called WHIPPLE?

My brother and his wife just spent the past six days with us. She had just completed her first round of chemotherapy and hadn't left their house or the hospital since July. She's 66 and looks 35. She's the one I previously told you about with liver and pancreatic cancer. On Wednesday she starts round two of chemo. The cancer is gone from the pancreas and only trace amounts in the liver now that the tumor has been removed.

After the next round of chemo she is planning to have this Whipple procedure. 9-12 hours of surgery. They open the abdomen from the right ribs to the left ribs. They then remove all of the abdominal organs and lay them out on a surgical table. Three surgeons then examine every organ and cut away the gall bladder, appendix, 80% of the liver, 80% of the pancreas and anything else that appears cancerous or can become cancerous. Then they close you up after putting everything back in place. The following 8 days are spent in an ICU clean room on a tube fed liquid diet. Then the next week is spent in ICU taking liquids orally. If you survive this long you get to go home and live on liquids for the next eight weeks to allow the organs to regenerate. Then comes six months of a very restricted diet. Then a lifetime of a restricted diet.

Why?

She's been told that if she has this next chemo that she will have a life span of 2-5 years.

If she survives the Whipple (50% do not survive the 8 days following) and she makes it through the six months of a extremely restricted diet, she should have another12-15 years.

Seriously, what would you do? Take the five and hope for more or have a quarter o your organs cut out and hope to survive and live a restricted 12 years or maybe more?

I told her that she should do the chemo and then her and my brother take off, travel the world and really enjoy the next three years and see if the medical advances in treatment can give her five more in good health rather than ten never being able to ever eat anything or do anything for the next 12.
Pancreatic cancer is usually doomsday. Glad for her that she is doing as well as she is.

What would I do?
I enjoy living. Living in misery isn't enjoying living.
But dying isn't allowing myself to enjoy living.

Tough call. I feel for her and your brother.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever hear of a medical operation called WHIPPLE?

My brother and his wife just spent the past six days with us. She had just completed her first round of chemotherapy and hadn't left their house or the hospital since July. She's 66 and looks 35. She's the one I previously told you about with liver and pancreatic cancer. On Wednesday she starts round two of chemo. The cancer is gone from the pancreas and only trace amounts in the liver now that the tumor has been removed.

After the next round of chemo she is planning to have this Whipple procedure. 9-12 hours of surgery. They open the abdomen from the right ribs to the left ribs. They then remove all of the abdominal organs and lay them out on a surgical table. Three surgeons then examine every organ and cut away the gall bladder, appendix, 80% of the liver, 80% of the pancreas and anything else that appears cancerous or can become cancerous. Then they close you up after putting everything back in place. The following 8 days are spent in an ICU clean room on a tube fed liquid diet. Then the next week is spent in ICU taking liquids orally. If you survive this long you get to go home and live on liquids for the next eight weeks to allow the organs to regenerate. Then comes six months of a very restricted diet. Then a lifetime of a restricted diet.

Why?

She's been told that if she has this next chemo that she will have a life span of 2-5 years.

If she survives the Whipple (50% do not survive the 8 days following) and she makes it through the six months of a extremely restricted diet, she should have another12-15 years.

Seriously, what would you do? Take the five and hope for more or have a quarter o your organs cut out and hope to survive and live a restricted 12 years or maybe more?

I told her that she should do the chemo and then her and my brother take off, travel the world and really enjoy the next three years and see if the medical advances in treatment can give her five more in good health rather than ten never being able to ever eat anything or do anything for the next 12.
I've had much time to think of this after losing my 2nd wife to cancer. Already decided.
I'd enjoy the time I have left and then move on to my reward.
For those of you that think it's over when you die, I understand it is a more difficult decision.
Easy for me. I'll take medical care but even chemo is a maybe.
If my wife had survived her cancer, it would likely be for 5 years at best. 5 years in an 80 year old body instead of the
beautiful 40 YO she was chronologically. She had long blond hair and blue eyes and walked with the grace of a gazelle.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my wife had survived her cancer, it would likely be for 5 years at best. 5 years in an 80 year old body instead of the
beautiful 40 YO she was chronologically.
My wife and I think exactly this way. We've decided that we are not going to give up the rest of our lives to make sure we leave "something" for our kids. With any luck, they'll all be in their 50's when we move on. I'll leave them a great house that they come to and spend a vacation or they can sell it and split the bounty. Other than that, we gave and gave and gave so they could all be successful. I ain't givin' up an enjoyable end to my life so they can buy a better car or house or an 85" LED TV on 65' yacht.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vibe thread.

Can I vent here? I'm pissed. Disappointed, frustrated, pissed.

Might not be the right spot so if not...ignore it.

So yesterday, like most football fans, I sat down to watch the Chiefs/Ravens. I really didn't have a preference for who loses this one, so whatever.
But...I've been telling people for a month or two now that the NFL and the Chiefs LOVE the attention brought of the team and the sport by Miss Swift. There have even been discussions on the Hoop. I don't care really how many times the camera is on her. The camera has to go somewhere. They always put it on Bon Jovi when he visited Gillette. And I'm of the type, Taylor is far easier on the eyes, my eyes anyway, than Jon is.
But I am sure the NFL has an opinion on Miss Swift and the attention she brings. Tens of millions of new fans for Kelce, the Chiefs and the NFL.
She's good for business.
Would she be so good that she might influence "The Script"?
Digression...
So yesterday, Ravens, 3 and out. Chiefs, TD. Kelce snags the ball at the one, in for a score. Typical banter for the announcers and the extra point scored and then just as they are going to commercial they show the TD from the other angle. Kelce bobbles the ball as he crosses the goal line and as he falls to the ground he never gets his hand under it and it hits the ground. He clearly never had control. Every play is supposed to be reviewed.
I rewound and rewound.

Am I the only one that saw this???

Then...later...there is a crowd of Ravens Defenders after a play, Kelce walks up to one and slams him in the upper chest area with his palm of his hand. A palm strike. just walks up to him and assaults him. An open hand punch to protect the knuckles. A different Raven (#50 ?) got in his face. No retaliation, just face mask to face mask confrontation. 15 yard penalty for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. The rest of the 1st half Kelce is pushing and jawing and laughing at the Ravens players trying to get them to give the Chiefs another 15 yards. Taunting them.

Because he's untouchable.

I know every non Patriots fan would say "Yeah but Tom Brady was untouchable".
1) I read a stat earlier that Mahommes has as many Roughing the Passer flags thrown for him in the last 3 playoff games games as Brady did in his playoff career.
2) Jason Taylor (Miami DE) and Ray Lewis (Ravens LB) both said Brady was the toughest QB they had ever played against.

The Bias for the Chiefs made the second half unwatchable.

If I see more of it in the SB...I dunno...I may be done with NFL.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vibe thread.

Can I vent here? I'm pissed. Disappointed, frustrated, pissed.

Might not be the right spot so if not...ignore it.

So yesterday, like most football fans, I sat down to watch the Chiefs/Ravens. I really didn't have a preference for who loses this one, so whatever.
But...I've been telling people for a month or two now that the NFL and the Chiefs LOVE the attention brought of the team and the sport by Miss Swift. There have even been discussions on the Hoop. I don't care really how many times the camera is on her. The camera has to go somewhere. They always put it on Bon Jovi when he visited Gillette. And I'm of the type, Taylor is far easier on the eyes, my eyes anyway, than Jon is.
But I am sure the NFL has an opinion on Miss Swift and the attention she brings. Tens of millions of new fans for Kelce, the Chiefs and the NFL.
She's good for business.
Would she be so good that she might influence "The Script"?
Digression...
So yesterday, Ravens, 3 and out. Chiefs, TD. Kelce snags the ball at the one, in for a score. Typical banter for the announcers and the extra point scored and then just as they are going to commercial they show the TD from the other angle. Kelce bobbles the ball as he crosses the goal line and as he falls to the ground he never gets his hand under it and it hits the ground. He clearly never had control. Every play is supposed to be reviewed.
I rewound and rewound.

Then...later...there is a crowd of Ravens Defenders after a play, Kelce walks up to one and slams him in the upper chest area with his palm of his hand. A palm strike. just walks up to him and assaults him. An open hand punch to protect the knuckles. A different Raven (#50 ?) got in his face. No retaliation, just face mask to face mask confrontation. 15 yard penalty for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. The rest of the 1st half Kelce is pushing and jawing and laughing at the Ravens players trying to get them to give the Chiefs another 15 yards. Taunting them.

Because he's untouchable.

I know every non Patriots fan would say "Yeah but Tom Brady was untouchable".
1) I read a stat earlier that Mahommes has as many Roughing the Passer flags thrown for him in the last 3 playoff games games as Brady did in his playoff career.
2) Jason Taylor (Miami DE) and Ray Lewis (Ravens LB) both said Brady was the toughest QB they had ever played against.

The Bias for the Chiefs made the second half unwatchable.

If I see more of it in the SB...I dunno...I may be done with NFL.
I just checked my TIVO footage and Kelce is out of frame when the ball did or didn't hit the ground. Sorry I couldn't confirm it for you. I usually pick these up as I strategically use the frame by frame feature to predict challenge outcomes and look for issues like the one you provided.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just checked my TIVO footage and Kelce is out of frame when the ball did or didn't hit the ground. Sorry I couldn't confirm it for you. I usually pick these up as I strategically use the frame by frame feature to predict challenge outcomes and look for issues like the one you provided.
I watched it over and over. There is no way it did not hit the ground. and CBS only showed the angle once and cut it short, never to be addressed again.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. A different Raven (#50 ?)
Karl Van Noy..................yes, the same KVN that played for the Patriots then went to Miami., then Baltimore.
Like my wife keeps saying to me................."Follow the money."

Three weeks ago, she said, "Doesn't matter that the KC Chiefs are playing on the road. They have an eight player advantage on both offense and defense. The guys wearing striped shirts. She smiled and said, "Mahomes will be in the Super Bowl because the NFL wants to erase Belichick and Brady."

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karl Van Noy..................yes, the same KVN that played for the Patriots then went to Miami., then Baltimore.

Like my wife keeps saying to me................."Follow the money."

Three weeks ago, she said, "Doesn't matter that the KC Chiefs are playing on the road. They have an eight player advantage on both offense and defense. The guys wearing striped shirts. She smiled and said, "Mahomes will be in the Super Bowl because the NFL wants to erase Belichick and Brady."

I'm going ot have to disagree with you guys, for the most part. Ya, the Chiefs get calls but so didn't NE.

You remember the AFCCG against Jacksonville where they intercepted us for a TD but the ref blew the play dead? If the ref doesn't kill the play we lose that game. The ref DIRECTLY altered the outcome of the game.

And while I hate Mahomes and the Chiefs, you gotta recognize greatness when you see it and those guys turned the heat up exactly when they needed to.

Makes me sick but I have a hard time seeing the 9ers beating the red hot Chiefs in two weeks.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going ot have to disagree with you guys, for the most part. Ya, the Chiefs get calls but so didn't NE.

You remember the AFCCG against Jacksonville where they intercepted us for a TD but the ref blew the play dead? If the ref doesn't kill the play we lose that game. The ref DIRECTLY altered the outcome of the game.

And while I hate Mahomes and the Chiefs, you gotta recognize greatness when you see it and those guys turned the heat up exactly when they needed to.

Makes me sick but I have a hard time seeing the 9ers beating the red hot Chiefs in two weeks.
Hell we cheated a lot during the BB / TB era anyway, what's a few calls?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall any cheating. Just a filming location violation and a misunderstood law of physics.
We know you don't. Thanks for playing anyway.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall any cheating. Just a filming location violation and a misunderstood law of physics.
Ditto.

Even Mangini admitted that the filming wasn't really in full violation of Goodell's rule. If the guy had been two yards further to his right he wouldn't have been in an illegal position.

As far as ball pressure was concerned, the only ball that was found to be depressurized, officially, after a full investigation, was the ball that the Colts had in their possession and it had been toyed with by their staff. No penalty for that, but Brady got four games and the Patriots pissed all over Goodell's parade by winning the Lombardi.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto.

Even Mangini admitted that the filming wasn't really in full violation of Goodell's rule. If the guy had been two yards further to his right he wouldn't have been in an illegal position.

As far as ball pressure was concerned, the only ball that was found to be depressurized, officially, after a full investigation, was the ball that the Colts had in their possession and it had been toyed with by their staff. No penalty for that, but Brady got four games and the Patriots pissed all over Goodell's parade by winning the Lombardi.
You mean the ball the Colts illegally stuck their illegally possessed needle in on the sideline that they didn't get punished for?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always such joying watching the diapers get filled with the knots

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1