• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot depends on you needs. I am an on line gamer so no way you need to PC or Laptop I have unless you game. Do you use it for business or bill paying, tracking purchases or warrenties etc. Or for the most part are you reading the news, chatting with us, or looking for a day or weekend trip
I spend about four or five hours a day on my computer writing.

I have fifteen completed novels and two that are in progress.

I write poetry and short stories as well. I have a 43" TV as my monitor because my eyesight is failing.

I do all of my stock investing and other financials on it.

I'm not a Facebook type. I do have multiple news and sports sites tagged.

I own fantasy Football, Basketball and Baseball teams and am commissioner in several. Started back in 1985 with one league and we still play online and get together for golf and minor league games around the U.S. The guys I started out with wrote the code that's used by everyone. One guy actually became the Fantasy Sports VP at CBS when our company folded in 1994. I won this league once in 1998 and have been near the bottom or in the bottom of the toilet ever since.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I write poetry and short stories as well. I have a 43" TV as my monitor because my eyesight is failing.

I do all of my stock investing and other financials on it.

I'm not a Facebook type. I do have multiple news and sports sites tagged.

I own fantasy Football, Basketball and Baseball teams and am commissioner in several. Started back in 1985 with one league and we still play online and get together for golf and minor league games around the U.S. The guys I started out with wrote the code that's used by everyone. One guy actually became the Fantasy Sports VP at CBS when our company folded in 1994. I won this league once in 1998 and have been near the bottom or in the bottom of the toilet ever since.
Okay. Later today I can post a reasonable option if interested, or you can go to NEWEGG.com and easily find a reasonable PC to fit those needs. The one thing I would suggest is at least 1tb storage, 16g Ram should be fine, a series 5 to 7 processor AMD or Ryzen will suffice. You can punch in those paremeters at new egg and it will present options

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot depends on you needs. I am an on line gamer so no way you need to PC or Laptop I have unless you game. Do you use it for business or bill paying, tracking purchases or warrenties etc. Or for the most part are you reading the news, chatting with us, or looking for a day or weekend trip
I could not agree more. Casual use can use almost anything from the past 15 years. You just need ample space to store what you want to store.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buying software of any kind makes me nervous because one never knows if it has a back door that the coder put in that will allow him access to my bank, stocks, IRAs and everything else.

I had a stupid hacker break into my bank account and use "my" Bill Pay to pay off two of "his" credit cards. He worked for my bank and was hitting multiple customers and didn't know he was leaving behind an open trail. They gave me back the $12,600 he took but they had to kill my account, open a new one, get me new checks, new credit card and debit card and I had to redo all of my direct deposits from Social Security and VA Disability to retirement deposits and stock dividend deposits. It was a friggin' nightmare. I wanted the guy's name but they would never give me anything. I would have cut off both of his thumbs and index fingers.
Cyber crime is WAY under prosecuted and punished.

Generally speaking law enforcement and the judicial system does not care about you and your $12,000 any more than they care about me and my $12,000.
Or your time.

They care about the insurance companies, Banks and investment firms money.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do profess to be a PC expert but I'm not a geek about it. PCs are like cars where the major makers create bundles so you can get something in the 2 to 500 range but be missing "that one thing" that shouldn't be expensive but is held out until you hit the 700 range. I don't mean those figures literally but you get the point. Often the one thing is dual channel memory which allows the system to access the memory twice as fast. It could also be a solid state drive instead of a hard drive.

Honestly, I'd buy from "the guy" and ask him about the typical bottlenecks and why his system avoids them.
Yeah, like you can't get the heated seats for your wife that is always cold unless you spring for leather, sunroof, navigation and bigger rims.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I would suggest is at least 1tb storage, 16g Ram should be fine, a series 5 to 7 processor AMD or Ryzen will suffice. You can punch in those paremeters at new egg and it will present options
Just bought a DELL 7020. 32g RAM and 2TB storage. Intel Core5. Bought a self transfer disc that is installed in the old and new and transfers everything. Guarantees that the programs in the new will look and perform just as well or better than the old. Will be here tomorrow. We'll see how bad I can fuck this up. I'll let you know when it gets here and when I start. If you don't hear from me within three hours, it will be a massive screw up or massive heart attack.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bought a DELL 7020. 32g RAM and 2TB storage. Intel Core5. Bought a self transfer disc that is installed in the old and new and transfers everything. Guarantees that the programs in the new will look and perform just as well or better than the old. Will be here tomorrow. We'll see how bad I can fuck this up. I'll let you know when it gets here and when I start. If you don't hear from me within three hours, it will be a massive screw up or massive heart attack.
Great choice di you go to NEWEGG? Also the set up is pretty easy now a day, there will be lot's of updates, just read and click it's pretty clear.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, no joke that since my injury I've been x-rayed about a dozen times and have another x-ray tomorrow. Isn't that shit supposed to give you cancer?

I feel less and less pain as time goes on but holy hell has this been a way bigger deal than I originally thought. Hell, I walked on the thing for a week before my wife finally lost her shit and made me go to the doctor.

I wish you the best and while you're not looking for advice I'm gonna give it anyways. Get as much rest as you possibly can.
The xrays don't add up to problems. Low dose these days.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The xrays don't add up to problems. Low dose these days.

Just went in for what should be my FINAL doc visit. Bone still weak-ish but I can start getting back to light sports, a bit of jogging, etc. Four more weeks and I can get back to martial arts and hardcore hiking. Woot!

Four months ago I made the decision to not do surgery and let the bone heal on its own. While I've had many moments of doubt and frustration about that decision I am now happy it's the one I made.

Good luck to you!!!!

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've also Been writing my 12th novel. I've written 22 chapters since the last week in March.

I write poetry and short stories as well.

Wow! Almost 6 novels plus poetry and short stories in less than a year. That is very impressive!

IMG_3434.jpeg

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My average chapter on a 6 x 9 format is 4-1/2 pages.

On the book I'm presently working, I've written 129 pages and 47,515 words.

You can see my first two books on Amazon, both are also copyrighted and in the Library of Congress.

"I know"
"The Neighbor"

Pen name is K Leroy Upton.

@Carnzo has signed copy of my first book

Google the hell out of me.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My average chapter on a 6 x 9 format is 4-1/2 pages.

On the book I'm presently working, I've written 129 pages and 47,515 words.

You can see my first two books on Amazon, both are also copyrighted and in the Library of Congress.

"I know"
"The Neighbor"

Pen name is K Leroy Upton.

@Carnzo has signed copy of my first book

Google the hell out of me.

Will do.

. I will give props that you wrote a book. Now that I got that out of the way. Here are the only 2 reviews you have.

IMG_3436.jpeg

After reading your overview of The Neighbor…… well….. have you even sold a copy?