• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE MASTERS 2019.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine is the same as with any athlete and that is I don't give a fuck what they do, act like, personality or anything that has nothing to do with the sport when they are home or away from the game itself. I don't look to these guys to be role models, or good citizens. I want to see sports greatness. I want to see my teams win. I've used Andrew Luck as an example before being a Colts fan, obviously Andrew is as nice as they come and always fan friendly, but even if he wasn't, I don't care if they find 30 bodies in his crawlspace as long as he is winning Super Bowls.
Agreed. My only beef with Woods was the way he treated people on the course; fans and reporters alike. All the cussing and club throwing and disrespect he showed for people. I don't give a fuck what he does in his personal life.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Masters is always great. Its the greatest sporting event in the world. Somehow it comes down to the 18th hole on Sunday every year. Its amazing. Having said that, Woods' Sunday round was not spectacular or even great. It was a solid performance with little risk or little need for flair or brilliant shots. His round was solid but not spectacular as the knob gobblers on TV are trying to make it out to be.

the round was exactly what was needed to win.

Does it count any more if he shot -20?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. My only beef with Woods was the way he treated people on the course; fans and reporters alike. All the cussing and club throwing and disrespect he showed for people. I don't give a fuck what he does in his personal life.
How much of that happened on Sunday or even this week?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the round was exactly what was needed to win.

Does it count any more if he shot -20?
You are correct. he did exactly what he needed to do to win and he is to be commended for that. He plays the most intelligent game of golf I've ever seen outside of maybe Big Jack. I'm just pointing out that he was not spectacular like the NGers would have you believe. He was steady and never let the moment get to big for him. He played solid and patient golf waiting for the pretenders to fall by the wayside one by one either through impatience or pressure.

I will never forgive him though for the way he treated everyone when he was on top.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of that happened on Sunday or even this week?
None. he seems to have been brought down to earth a little and humbled by having the game taken from him. I just wonder how much of that is fake. Its hard for a leopard to change his spots.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. he did exactly what he needed to do to win and he is to be commended for that. He plays the most intelligent game of golf I've ever seen outside of maybe Big Jack. I'm just pointing out that he was not spectacular like the NGers would have you believe. He was steady and never let the moment get to big for him. He played solid and patient golf waiting for the pretenders to fall by the wayside one by one either through impatience or pressure.

I will never forgive him though for the way he treated everyone when he was on top.

I think you're making up what other people are saying.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None. he seems to have been brought down to earth a little and humbled by having the game taken from him. I just wonder how much of that is fake. Its hard for a leopard to change his spots.

people grow up. Took a guy who was told his shit didn't stink for 30 years a bit longer than most.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't make any sense. Explain.

I haven't heard anybody calling his final round anything more than it was. Faldo asked Woods if he hit his chip on 18 safe on purpose and why he wasn't trying for a 4... Tiger said... 2 putt, make a 5 and get out of there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anybody calling his final round anything more than it was. Faldo asked Woods if he hit his chip on 18 safe on purpose and why he wasn't trying for a 4... Tiger said... 2 putt, make a 5 and get out of there.
Mike Greenberg on Get Up was ga ga over his round, way over the top, so was Mike Tirico, Steph Curry, Steven A Smith and that was as far as I could listen as it was making me nauseous.
You don't think Trump giving Woods the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his Masters win is just a little over the top?
But Woods himself was more honest about the quality of his round.

Last edited:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was one of the greatest Masters ever.

The number of quality players standing on the 15th tee who still had a shot at the title is in my memory, unmatched. Any player surviving that gauntlet deserved the Championship.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Masters is always great. Its the greatest sporting event in the world. Somehow it comes down to the 18th hole on Sunday every year. Its amazing. Having said that, Woods' Sunday round was not spectacular or even great. It was a solid performance with little risk or little need for flair or brilliant shots. His round was solid but not spectacular as the knob gobblers on TV are trying to make it out to be.

Lol. Because you know so much about being on the back 9 with a lead at Augusta. Just STFU already and appreciate the game and how good that masters was. I know it’s hard for you being such an Eldrick hater. But you look ridiculous around here with your anti-Tiger agenda

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was one of the greatest Masters ever.

The number of quality players standing on the 15th tee who still had a shot at the title is in my memory, unmatched. Any player surviving that gauntlet deserved the Championship.

This ^^

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Greenberg on Get Up was ga ga over his round, way over the top, so was Mike Tirico, Steph Curry, Steven A Smith and that was as far as I could listen as it was making me nauseous.
You don't think Trump giving Woods the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his Masters win is just a little over the top?
But Woods himself was more honest about the quality of his round.

You are using examples of a handful of over-the-top TV analysts & diehard famous fans. There are quite a few other famous and everyday people stating otherwise. I can't speak for others, but I have made no such claims about Tiger recently or for the past week yet you lumped me (& others here) into that same category.

I simply root for Tiger (& have for many, many years) & just thought he was doing well lately as were other golfers. I didn't think he played lights out of Sunday but played smartly & did enough to win. He made mistakes on Sunday (e.g. some relatively short missed putts) but made less mistakes than some others.

The beauty was more in the moment of history & just feel good moment for people of all backgrounds (a rarity in 2019). If you don't share that feeling - great, but who are you to call out other people for feeling good about what happened on Sun? I stated earlier in the week that I would salute whoever won the Masters & the bottom line was that it was a great event & a very entertaining Sun.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people grow up. Took a guy who was told his shit didn't stink for 30 years a bit longer than most.

Yep & it took years of being humbled, age & having two kids to make him come around. It happens to many folks. Also - yes Tiger displayed awful behavior at times on the course but at the same time he & his various charity groups have done tons of things for kids and vets for the last 15+ years that I am sure that many people appreciate. He is like many people - he has good and bad pts.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - why would you turn on a broadcast that you know is going to be over-the-top for Tiger, listen for a while & then get sick because it turned out exactly as you would have expected? ESPN ALWAYS operates in this manner. It sounds like you were looking for a reason to get irritated. You only have yourself to blame.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Because you know so much about being on the back 9 with a lead at Augusta. Just STFU already and appreciate the game and how good that masters was. I know it’s hard for you being such an Eldrick hater. But you look ridiculous around here with your anti-Tiger agenda
Good lord, stop your knob gobbling of Baldy

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to sound elitist, but I don't want those people around. Woods has brought the game to the average Joe, yes, but that's not necessarily a good thing. I can honestly say, back in the 70s and 80s we all used to say "You never meet a dickhead on the golf course". You cannot say that anymore. There all kinds of drunken fools out there now and club throwers. Its really a shame. I see and hear about people getting in fights on the golf course all the time now. I blame that on Baldy's influence on the game.

Idk.. there have always been jerks on the golf course. I can't say that I've noticed any huge increase post-Tiger and club-throwers have been around for as long as there have been golf clubs.

Every once in awhile I'll run into a group of guys who are just out there to screw around and get loaded. But even with those guys, they generally know that they're just out there to screw around and get loaded and let me/us play through.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are using examples of a handful of over-the-top TV analysts & diehard famous fans. There are quite a few other famous and everyday people stating otherwise. I can't speak for others, but I have made no such claims about Tiger recently or for the past week yet you lumped me (& others here) into that same category.

I simply root for Tiger (& have for many, many years) & just thought he was doing well lately as were other golfers. I didn't think he played lights out of Sunday but played smartly & did enough to win. He made mistakes on Sunday (e.g. some relatively short missed putts) but made less mistakes than some others.

The beauty was more in the moment of history & just feel good moment for people of all backgrounds (a rarity in 2019). If you don't share that feeling - great, but who are you to call out other people for feeling good about what happened on Sun? I stated earlier in the week that I would salute whoever won the Masters & the bottom line was that it was a great event & a very entertaining Sun.
But no mental mistakes and that's the key. The others made silly mistakes.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk.. there have always been jerks on the golf course. I can't say that I've noticed any huge increase post-Tiger and club-throwers have been around for as long as there have been golf clubs.

Every once in awhile I'll run into a group of guys who are just out there to screw around and get loaded. But even with those guys, they generally know that they're just out there to screw around and get loaded and let me/us play through.
I'm glad your experience has been better than mine. Perhaps you didn't play golf in the 70s and 80s?