• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE MASTERS 2019.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....this will get you ready.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will make love to this song to conceive my first born.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave loggins, who is a cousin of Kenny Loggins went to Augusta and was so inspired by the place he started to write a song on the spot.

His friend knew a CBS a executive and boom. The rest is history.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Phil win another Masters? His game has been up and down this year mainly because of his lack of accuracy on his drives. I hope he has it all figured out.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see what Augusta we get this year.

The real teeth of Augusta are the greens.
But the trend has been soften greens in recent years which I believe is by design.

Without question that closes the gap between the elite/past champions and the rest of the field.
In the last couple of years, you see so many players getting on in 2 on 13.

That never used to be common place.

One player who hates this is Tiger. He hates slow greens and has complained about it here before.

We shall see what we get.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the trend has been soften greens in recent years which I believe is by design.

Without question that closes the gap between the elite/past champions and the rest of the field.

One player who hates this is Tiger. He hates slow greens and has complained about it here before.

I'm not expecting to see lightning fast greens...just a really wet winter/early spring...and they got dumped on just this past Tuesday. Watching a few holes from the womens amateur played there, these young women were getting approach shots to hit and stick. I can only imagine the best in the world will be able to as well.

With another bout of rain in the picture for Sunday.

The good...greens should holding well.

The bad...may not get as much run out on the fairways, so it might play a little longer.

I'm not ready to say he's going to win, but I like Rory this week. If the pressure of the Slam doesn't get to him...his game is about near peak form....he's going to have a lot of short irons into the greens if his driver is on.

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to say he's going to win, but I like Rory this week. If the pressure of the Slam doesn't get to him...his game is about near peak form....he's going to have a lot of short irons into the greens if his driver is on.
tzHOCo1.gif

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...does that mean you think he will fare well this week?

I think he has a decent shot, maybe a top 10...Tiger needs to be in the final group and hope the crowds affect whomever he's paired with.
I agree he might end up top 10 but then there is something telling me he might not even make the cut if he can't fix his putter. The greens will eat him alive if he struggles like he has been.
Yes whoever gets paired with him if he makes it to Saturday and Sunday will have to deal with some crazy crowd noise.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he might end up top 10 but then there is something telling me he might not even make the cut if he can't fix his putter. The greens will eat him alive if he struggles like he has been.
Yes whoever gets paired with him if he makes it to Saturday and Sunday will have to deal with some crazy crowd noise.

Typically loves AN greens so that will be something watch...kinda the same with Rory...he’s putted fairly well of late...if he can make the par putts in that 4-5’ range I expect him to be in the hunt on Sun.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They'll tear it up if the greens are slow. That's a tough balance there between making it stupid hard and too easy.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typically loves AN greens so that will be something watch...kinda the same with Rory...he’s putted fairly well of late...if he can make the par putts in that 4-5’ range I expect him to be in the hunt on Sun.

It kills me to say any of this but ...the methodical Tiger I have been seeing this year no way misses the cut.

The real weakness in Tigers game is the driver but he manages that really well. He often leave himself with more change to get home that the field but has not been paying the price for that.

Tigers putting is not the Tiger of old. But I bet his putting here will be in the top 30 or so. Him and Phil know every break in these greens. It maybe a different story if the greens a real slow.

I say Tiger will be in the top 25.

Oh and for the laugh of the day. The golf channel and Tiger for that matter blame his bad putting on his injuries.
Saying it prevents him from getting the practice in.

That's funny, because I don't remember anyone bringing up Tigers injuries when they were all fawning over his
129 mph swing speed after 4 back surgeries.

Tiger, how do you swing a club so fast? 'Dude ...'