• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE MASTERS 2019.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say that with a straight face? TV ratings say otherwise. Not to mention the crowds reaction today when he won, or him winning at East Lake last year. What other modern era golfer had ever gotten that kind of treatment? You seemed very jilted to even suggest as much.

You got a little something on your chin, you might wanna wipe that off there, front-runner.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's beyond argument that he's great for the game by any reasonable definition. Before Tiger (97) the most money ever won in a year was $1.7 million. Since 1999 the top money winner has averaged roughly $8 million, with the lowest amount for a leading money winner being $5 million. That's all due to Tiger.

Gawdamn, you are so fucking stupid :L

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got a little something on your chin, you might wanna wipe that off there, front-runner.

Never go full retard. Btw, Tiger announced Monday the week of the Wyndham Championship last year he was playing. They sold 50,000 more tickets, that day. You look pretty stupid here.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"derpa derpa du-derp-derp, cum on chin derp.

you're always talking about how you're visualizing cum on other dudes. i'm guessing the majority of us here are hetero, so we don't need to hear it, cum boy

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never go full retard. Btw, Tiger announced Monday the week of the Wyndham Championship last year he was playing. They sold 50,000 more tickets, that day. You look pretty stupid here.

that's rex. sometimes he's coherent, but a lifetime of booze has left his brain kinda....dementia-y

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pfft Tiger has no direct effect on ratings and attendance. I heard it on the internet. Must be true.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's pretty clear that Tiger is good for purses at PGA events and for ad revenues for message boards where Tiger Lovers/Haters can go at each other!

I think people confuse what's good for the PGA vs what's good for golf. The PGA's problems are pretty straight forward. They need a front runner that they can cash in on. Golf in general has much bigger issues.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best at the time. Have you ever tried going out there with new gear? I tried bringing out a steel shaft, wood head driver for "grins" one time. Not many grins the 3 times I tried to swing it.

I have an can hit wood woods...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's pretty clear that Tiger is good for purses at PGA events and for ad revenues for message boards where Tiger Lovers/Haters can go at each other!

I think people confuse what's good for the PGA vs what's good for golf. The PGA's problems are pretty straight forward. They need a front runner that they can cash in on. Golf in general has much bigger issues.

I assumed this thread would turn into what it has...lol

Congrats Tiger Woods...won his 15th Major when many including myself thought that ship had sailed! I am on record saying if he did win another major it would Augusta, and he would have to be in the final group and his playing competitors might struggle a little.

The perfect storm developed for Tiger...the weather storm that was predicted did come through. That forced them to go off both 1 and 10 tee in 3somes getting TW in the final group. Lo and behold, the seemingly unflappable Molinari finally flapped with an over par round of 74.

The people I was watching this with were having a debate over whether Tiger took this Masters or Molinari chocked it away...many a Masters has been lost in Amen Corner....the shortest hole on the course and that right pin places in particular. He started getting loose with the driver in general missing both left and right so he had some nerves he was battling, but calmly making the par putts. Making double at 12 hurt badly, but he was still in the tournament until 15.

I say Tiger took the tournament by sticking it tight on 16...that birdie shut the door on Molinari and it was up to Tiger and a few guys ahead but it was Tiger's Masters to lose at that point.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge golf fan but did nothing but sit on the couch since 8 this morning and watch. Quick question...how do they pay out when so many guys at the top tie?
Let's say three people tie for second. I believe they pool 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place money and then divide that total by the three spots that tied. So say 2nd pay 100k, 3rd pays 75k, and 4th pays 50k. You would add that for a total of 225k, then divide by 3 for something like 75k each.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assumed this thread would turn into what it has...lol

Congrats Tiger Woods...won his 15th Major when many including myself thought that ship had sailed! I am on record saying if he did win another major it would Augusta, and he would have to be in the final group and his playing competitors might struggle a little.

The perfect storm developed for Tiger...the weather storm that was predicted did come through. That forced them to go off both 1 and 10 tee in 3somes getting TW in the final group. Lo and behold, the seemingly unflappable Molinari finally flapped with an over par round of 74.

The people I was watching this with were having a debate over whether Tiger took this Masters or Molinari chocked it away...many a Masters has been lost in Amen Corner....the shortest hole on the course and that right pin places in particular. He started getting loose with the driver in general missing both left and right so he had some nerves he was battling, but calmly making the par putts. Making double at 12 hurt badly, but he was still in the tournament until 15.

I say Tiger took the tournament by sticking it tight on 16...that birdie shut the door on Molinari and it was up to Tiger and a few guys ahead but it was Tiger's Masters to lose at that point.

Agreed, it was a little of both. Nobody got crazy hot to shoot -6 or -7 to come from behind. #12 got Mullinari, Finau, and Koepka, his closest competitors at the time. But it was Tiger who birdied 3 of his last 6 holes to grab the lead and hold on. There was so much firepower on that leaderboard. Arguably the two best players in the world coming up 1 stroke short with late charges. The stars aligned for Tiger, but he got it done and did it in his own way. He hit 80% of the greens in 4 days, 10% higher than anyone else. If he gets hot putting again, he’ll get his next major. But he won’t hit that many greens in reg at Pebble or Bethpage with penal rough.