• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't work as much as I use to but when I did I was in the business field, now any smart business man is not going to throw the kind of money that the Rams did at a young QB coming off of 2 years of not playing football, would I take him in later, absolutely you would take a chance on him, just not with the overall number one pick and for that kind of money, hoping that he was ok? That's just not good business. Rams have proven they are not very smart business men. And I AM saying yes any team would have taken a chance with him, just the better run teams would have taken him later, if given the chance."

At the time that is what the #1 pick in the draft received. Sam had nothing to do with what they paid him. no way around it. The Rams were in desperate need of a QB so it was a no Brainer. the only question on him was his shoulder at the time. he hurt in college but that turned out ok. he has had terrible luck starting with a bad high ankle sprain that he tried to play on when he probably shouldn't have. then the Knee injuries. the difference is i guess is i see he has talent and hope he can stay healthy and his luck will change and you don't think he has enough talent to wait and see. no biggie. the problem is no one can beat the guy out in training camp so its tough to find a solution. again QB's are hard to find. and for the record I'm really
not a sam lover. i take his side because well someone has to defend him and its fun lol. what i say about his talent i believe, but trust me if they cut him tomorrow and had someone better to take over i would love it!! I just want to win could care less on who the QB is. I confess i don't have Sam PJs or T-shirt haha. I have a Quinn Jersey thats it. so u don't have to save me from a cult. i really was hoping Davis was our Russell Wilson but they just got lucky on that one.

Ok, now I just think you are lying to me, if you really aren't that big of a Bradford fan, this will no longer be any fun:bawling:

It's hard to believe that anybody that gets so defensive and passionate about a guy, really doesnt care in the end, tell me ain't so?

Ya, I know that is what the #1 pick got money wise and that that was the last year that was going to be like that. I don't blame Sammie either,i would take the money and run! A lot of people on here were fine with taking Suh, then taking a chance the next year with better QB options coming out. 2010 QB options sucked! I think there was only like three, Bradford, who hadn't played in two years, Tebow, who is more of a runner and can't throw, and McCoy, who I thought was to small and skinny and not one of these guys has done anything, very weak class! Sure the next year whoever we picked might not have worked either, but there were more options, that would have been WAY cheaper, and we wouldn't have been stuck with this Sammie contract that has been killing us!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford and Suh go 1.1 and 1.2 (Not necessarily in that order) by 2/3's of all NFL teams in 2010 had any of the 32 teams held either of the two spots.

yeah but the rams had AJ Feely and Keith Null for QB's i believe. QB is obvious the more important position we had to pick a QB. The lions who picked Suh with the 2nd picked Stafford the year before at #1 so they had a QB. the Rams were 1-15 in 2009 and went 7-9 in 2010 Bradfords rookie season? thats amazing if you think about it. Saffold was the only draft pick that was good that year. no one else made it. the next year we landed Robert Quinn, Sam got Kendricks, and Pettis for weapons. he certainly started on a bad bad team.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, now I just think you are lying to me, if you really aren't that big of a Bradford fan, this will no longer be any fun:bawling:

It's hard to believe that anybody that gets so defensive and passionate about a guy, really doesnt care in the end, tell me ain't so?

Ya, I know that is what the #1 pick got money wise and that that was the last year that was going to be like that. I don't blame Sammie either,i would take the money and run! A lot of people on here were fine with taking Suh, then taking a chance the next year with better QB options coming out. 2010 QB options sucked! I think there was only like three, Bradford, who hadn't played in two years, Tebow, who is more of a runner and can't throw, and McCoy, who I thought was to small and skinny and not one of these guys has done anything, very weak class! Sure the next year whoever we picked might not have worked either, but there were more options, that would have been WAY cheaper, and we wouldn't have been stuck with this Sammie contract that has been killing us!

yeah a couple people wanted Suh but if your the coaching staff of the rams there is no way you can say we will get a QB next year. you don't know who will be there next year, what if the guy breaks his leg you just don't know and they are under the gun to get wins now. you didn't hear anyone saying it was a bad pick at the time. then he goes out and gets 7 wins!! on a 1-15 team the year before. then the injuries and terrible draft picks keep coming. I am a sam fan i want him to succeed he is on the rams you know.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but the rams had AJ Feely and Keith Null for QB's i believe. QB is obvious the more important position we had to pick a QB. The lions who picked Suh with the 2nd picked Stafford the year before at #1 so they had a QB. the Rams were 1-15 in 2009 and went 7-9 in 2010 Bradfords rookie season? thats amazing if you think about it. Saffold was the only draft pick that was good that year. no one else made it. the next year we landed Robert Quinn, Sam got Kendricks, and Pettis for weapons. he certainly started on a bad bad team.

That's what I'm saying , I'm not sure who else was picking right behind us, but if we could of dropped down and still got him we would have saved money. Most teams that year were set at QB. Even then, pick Suh, maybe find an FA QB that was better than what we did have, and then the next year maybe pick Cam Newton, Kapernick, Dalton, Or even Locker, I remember alot of people on here wanted him, still looking at him now, not that I think he is that good. But if we would have went this route, we would have maybe gotten one of these QB's and saved a butt load of money! And with the top three had a QB that has actually been on the field! It's no different than the position we are in now, we don't really know what we have going into next season and it just might be another wasted year!

Still not impressed by his rookie year!:lol:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is about to play in a playoff game I know that. And he's ranked first in about every category for a DT. That includes eating children.

Pro bowler.

And Bradford is.... Very fragile / Captain check down and Was the offensive ROY beating out who??

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah a couple people wanted Suh but if your the coaching staff of the rams there is no way you can say we will get a QB next year. you don't know who will be there next year, what if the guy breaks his leg you just don't know and they are under the gun to get wins now. you didn't hear anyone saying it was a bad pick at the time. then he goes out and gets 7 wins!! on a 1-15 team the year before. then the injuries and terrible draft picks keep coming. I am a sam fan i want him to succeed he is on the rams you know.

Again QB's take to much of the blame and Sammie has gotten his share, not all of it deserved, he also gets to much credit for the wins, we had a pretty decent running game, and Jackson was still the star of the team and the one that carried them to whatever they did have!

As far as somebody breaking a leg, that's true, Sammie could also have gotten hit by a truck after we drafted him. Their were more options at QB the next year and "if" a guy broke his leg there were still other options!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is about to play in a playoff game I know that. And he's ranked first in about every category for a DT. That includes eating children.

Pro bowler.

And Bradford is.... Very fragile / Captain check down and Was the offensive ROY beating out who??

Thanks again SJ, eventually a little bit of this might sink in to some!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying , I'm not sure who else was picking right behind us, but if we could of dropped down and still got him we would have saved money. Most teams that year were set at QB. Even then, pick Suh, maybe find an FA QB that was better than what we did have, and then the next year maybe pick Cam Newton, Kapernick, Dalton, Or even Locker, I remember alot of people on here wanted him, still looking at him now, not that I think he is that good. But if we would have went this route, we would have maybe gotten one of these QB's and saved a butt load of money! And with the top three had a QB that has actually been on the field! It's no different than the position we are in now, we don't really know what we have going into next season and it just might be another wasted year!

Still not impressed by his rookie year!:lol:

if we picked Suh he would have got almost as much if not the same money as sam so it would still be with us now like sam? The lions were behind us but they had a QB. no other QB was taken in the first rd. teams didn't trade up back then in the first rd because they didn't want to pay all that guaranteed money. so that was not an option. like i said if your coaching the rams and don't have a QB no way you can pass on him. if we draft Suh and AJ feeler is our QB do we get 7 wins? no.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again QB's take to much of the blame and Sammie has gotten his share, not all of it deserved, he also gets to much credit for the wins, we had a pretty decent running game, and Jackson was still the star of the team and the one that carried them to whatever they did have!

As far as somebody breaking a leg, that's true, Sammie could also have gotten hit by a truck after we drafted him. Their were more options at QB the next year and "if" a guy broke his leg there were still other options!

No one coming out the year after Sam was a higher prospect so why the hell would you pass on bradford for a lesser QB the following year? its easy looking back in time now...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pro bowler.

So if we picked Suh we would be in the Playoffs now? we had the 14th pick the following year there was no QB to take then. and we picked Quinn btw

Last edited by a moderator:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we picked Suh he would have got almost as much if not the same money as sam so it would still be with us now like sam? The lions were behind us but they had a QB. no other QB was taken in the first rd. teams didn't trade up back then in the first rd because they didn't want to pay all that guaranteed money. so that was not an option. like i said if your coaching the rams and don't have a QB no way you can pass on him. if we draft Suh and AJ feeler is our QB do we get 7 wins? no.

We don't know that, I really don't know how we won those games, or if other than our division we played some stiffs. Did we get lucky a couple games? For the most part we ran the ball and dinked and dunked alot, I'm sure with that kind of game plan we could have done that with Feely, or like I said, go after another FA qB.

Suh signed for 5 years, so if we would have done that with Bradford we would have been out from under that contract, plus Sammie got a ton of that money guaranteed!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one coming out the year after Sam was a higher prospect so why the hell would you pass on bradford for a lesser QB the following year? its easy looking back in time now...

Bradford was pretty much the only option the year he came out, so obviously there was no one else to compare him to. The next year there were plenty of options, sorry but people were pretty high on Newton and look what he has done!

Careful Cougar, Ill think you were lying about Sammie, your love is coming out again:suds:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Bradford t-shirt, underwear, socks , key chain. Named my last child after him.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Coug, obviously I'm never going to convince you, all I can say is that you base all your Sammie thoughts on what you "think" he's capable of doing. I base my thoughts on what I have actually seen him do since he's been in the league!

And would I have rather taken Suh and then Cam Newton the next year, absolutely!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Bradford t-shirt, underwear, socks , key chain. Named my last child after him.

Now were these underwear, t-shirt, and socks actually Sammies?:yahoo:

And I named my naughty bits after Sammie too, and I can't go deep either!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah spare no expense I say. Be worth a bunch on ebay after our up coming superbowl win.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah spare no expense I say. Be worth a bunch on ebay after our up coming superbowl win.

You're not wearing those undies on your head are you? I think the, fumes from the skid marks might be getting to you!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ain't ever goin to sink in.. Coug is in Love.

And that's ok.