• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. But there is the rub. Who. I could say bring in Johnny Football but that just pisses everybody off. We need a solid veteran and a rookie with promise. And Davis.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Davis has learned a few things since his demotion and I would bet if he re-signs that he may be more than we have seen before. Don't count him out of this mix. He just might win the job outright. Yea, the plan of going into to camp with Sammie, Davis, and a rook may be flimsy but that is why Fisher hired Weinke. Weinke has the rep now of doing wonders with QB's. Sort of like the rep Paul Boudreau has with O-lineman.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. But there is the rub. Who. I could say bring in Johnny Football but that just pisses everybody off. We need a solid veteran and a rookie with promise. And Davis.
Keyword there is solid, not sure that will be possible this offseason. The best we'll be able to do is a guy like Jake Locker or Mark Sanchez. Not sure we could afford Sanchez though, get the feeling teams will be after him with so few guys available. I don't think we'd have a chance with Hoyer, again too expensive. Hell, Locker might be too expensive as well.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keyword there is solid, not sure that will be possible this offseason. The best we'll be able to do is a guy like Jake Locker or Mark Sanchez. Not sure we could afford Sanchez though, get the feeling teams will be after him with so few guys available. I don't think we'd have a chance with Hoyer, again too expensive. Hell, Locker might be too expensive as well.
I think Sanchez wants to stay put. Cant blame him.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Sanchez signed with the Eagles for 16m or some such Foles to Titans to trade up maybe.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sanchez wants to stay put. Cant blame him.

I can't either. Would also be smart of the Eagles to keep him in case they want to package Foles as part of a deal to move up and get Mariota

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Sanchez signed with the Eagles for 16m or some such Foles to Titans to trade up maybe.

Ah, well there you go. Didn't realize he signed already, that was fast, damn...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez basically got 8 ml a year, if he meets his bonus incentives. 5.5 mil guaranteed. It's nice to be a free agent in a slim pickins market, huh?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you and Smed like to rag on cougar. But he is a smart kid. He saw and knows QBs are at a premium.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you and Smed like to rag on cougar. But he is a smart kid. He saw and knows QBs are at a premium.

The Eagles are pretty smart here too. Let's think about it. If Chip gets Mariota like we all expect, Sanchez won't likely be playing much and won't reach those incentives. So basically, the Eagles just got Sanchez for 3 mil a year. I'm sure they promised him a shot at the starting job and they'll give him a look, but if Mariota is there, we all know who is going to get the benefit of the doubt and it won't be Sanchez.
If Sanchez does end up the starter(Mariota or not), 8 mil a year for a starting NFL QB with extensive playoff experience isn't too bad. It's really win-win for them.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are pretty smart here too. Let's think about it. If Chip gets Mariota like we all expect, Sanchez won't likely be playing much and won't reach those incentives. So basically, the Eagles just got Sanchez for 3 mil a year. I'm sure they promised him a shot at the starting job and they'll give him a look, but if Mariota is there, we all know who is going to get the benefit of the doubt and it won't be Sanchez.
If Sanchez does end up the starter(Mariota or not), 8 mil a year for a starting NFL QB with extensive playoff experience isn't too bad. It's really win-win for them.
Lets face it several teams are going all in to win. The Eagles are one.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets face it several teams are going all in to win. The Eagles are one.
After trading away McCoy, the Eagles have to go for it or their fans will flip out on Chip Kelly lol

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your alright Longtime. I will hold off on the bullshit from here on out. Later.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I really wanted us to do is call up Detroit. Tell them something like the Bucs are offering us their 2nd rounder to move up to one, but we don't want to move that far. Give us your 3rd and we'll take the deal. Hopefully it would've been more than a 3rd, but you get the gist.

The Rams couldn't do that man. If they drop to 2 their is no guarantee the Redskins or another team doesnt offer a rg3 type deal with Detroit then. It was well know Mike shanahan wanted Bradford bad. Detroit could have had a boatload of picks and still pick 4th in the Redskins spot. My point is you move out of that spot and anything can happen.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams couldn't do that man. If they drop to 2 their is no guarantee the Redskins or another team doesnt offer a rg3 type deal with Detroit then. It was well know Mike shanahan wanted Bradford bad. Detroit could have had a boatload of picks and still pick 4th in the Redskins spot. My point is you move out of that spot and anything can happen.

Did the Redskins offer us a huge deal for the number one that year? I'm asking because I don't know, never heard about it if they did. Even if they knew we wanted Bradford, I would think they'd still give it a shot.