• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Redskins offer us a huge deal for the number one that year? I'm asking because I don't know, never heard about it if they did. Even if they knew we wanted Bradford, I would think they'd still give it a shot.

Mike Shanahan wanted the Washington Redskins to acquire Sam Bradford in the 2010 NFL Draft.

"Bradford is one of my favorite quarterbacks coming out," Shanahan said. "I think the world of him. How talented he is, how he handles himself. And it's just a matter of time, when they get a supporting cast around him where he feels comfortable with everybody, (until) he'll just light it up."

Instead, Shanahan acquired Robert Griffin III in a trade with the St. Louis Rams.

Bradford was previously aware of Shanahan's interest.

"I actually did because to be honest, I really thought that I was probably going to go to Washington because they had told me that they were going to do almost everything they could to get me," Bradford said. "I knew that they were going to try to make a move to get me. He told me that."

The Redskins and Rams also briefly discussed a trade involving Bradford before moving on to discussions centered around Griffin, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

JIM THOMAS/ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

The Rams were locked in on Bradford. I don't know if they ever made an offer but they wouldn't have took it anyway imo. But the Lions might have because they already had a QB.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe taking Bradford was the right move at the time for us. Where we made our mistake was throwing him into the fire right away. I believe and said at the time we should have kept Bulger a couple more years and allowed Bradford to ride the pine and learn. Its really isn't fair to throw these kids out there right away. Marino's don't come around that often.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a good play but actually a very bad call down on your goal line. it looks like many blown assignments.

Biggest crock pot of man love known to man Coug. Sam made an awful throw there, off his back foot. AZ simply read that play from the moment they looked into Sam's scared eyes and Sam had no business throwing that ball anywhere but OUT OF PLAY.

Sometimes you have to read that the defense sniffed your play out and just make a smart play.

1 versus 11.. :L

My goodness you and Vita got it bad!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest crock pot of man love known to man Coug. Sam made an awful throw there, off his back foot. AZ simply read that play from the moment they looked into Sam's scared eyes and Sam had no business throwing that ball anywhere but OUT OF PLAY.

Sometimes you have to read that the defense sniffed your play out and just make a smart play.

1 versus 11.. :L

My goodness you and Vita got it bad!

Yeah but I noticed no one touched the DE on the play which almost killed sam. I was joking about the 1vs 11 thing but it did seem like it sometimes.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Shanahan wanted the Washington Redskins to acquire Sam Bradford in the 2010 NFL Draft.

"Bradford is one of my favorite quarterbacks coming out," Shanahan said. "I think the world of him. How talented he is, how he handles himself. And it's just a matter of time, when they get a supporting cast around him where he feels comfortable with everybody, (until) he'll just light it up."

Instead, Shanahan acquired Robert Griffin III in a trade with the St. Louis Rams.

"I actually did because to be honest, I really thought that I was probably going to go to Washington because they had told me that they were going to do almost everything they could to get me," Bradford said. "I knew that they were going to try to make a move to get me. He told me that."

The Redskins and Rams also briefly discussed a trade involving Bradford before moving on to discussions centered around Griffin, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Rams were locked in on Bradford. I don't know if they ever made an offer but they wouldn't have took it anyway imo. But the Lions might have because they already had a QB.

So basically, we don't know if a deal was offered for the #1 overall in 2010 or not. Knowing the Rams, we were offered a mega deal and every player/pick they offered is now an all-pro at their position.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically, we don't know if a deal was offered for the #1 overall in 2010 or not. Knowing the Rams, we were offered a mega deal and every player/pick they offered is now an all-pro at their position.
Its the Redskins. The team that gave up the farm for RGme. Another QB I believe was rushed. How many All pros can they have?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the Redskins. The team that gave up the farm for RGme. Another QB I believe was rushed. How many All pros can they have?

RGIII was rushed, for sure. Coaches keep rushing these guys thinking the college game these days is close enough to the pro game they don't need the time like they used to. For some guys, like Luck, maybe that's the case. But not for the majority of the guys.
As for what could we have gotten from them, who knows? Maybe London Fletcher back? j/k lol. Usually when we pass up a deal, it ends up biting us in the ass(other than RGIII), but I guess as Rams fans we're used to that by now. The only reason the RGIII trade worked so well? Fisher played it real smart, acting like he wasn't thrilled with Bradford and wanted to draft RGIII. Of course it was all an act so we could really rip them off, brilliant!!!!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you and Smed like to rag on cougar. But he is a smart kid. He saw and knows QBs are at a premium.

I realize QB's are scarce, my problem is Coug thinks all teams want Sammie, just because he's Sammie, no teams would take him just because Pickings are slim! Sammie may have talent, but really in 5 years teams have seen what? I would take ANY QB that has shown some talent and shown the ability to stay on the field before I would take a chance on Sammie.

I think any team that would pin their starting QB hopes on Sammie right now are playing Russian Roulette, they would be in the same position that the Rams are with Sammie right now, not knowing what to do or where to go now?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize QB's are scarce, my problem is Coug thinks all teams want Sammie, just because he's Sammie, no teams would take him just because Pickings are slim! Sammie may have talent, but really in 5 years teams have seen what? I would take ANY QB that has shown some talent and shown the ability to stay on the field before I would take a chance on Sammie.

I think any team that would pin their starting QB hopes on Sammie right now are playing Russian Roulette, they would be in the same position that the Rams are with Sammie right now, not knowing what to do or where to go now?
You may get your wish Cutler and Cap will be available. We cant afford them all.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we might just see that Smed. Davis has been offered a one-year contract and if wins the job in camp outright, then we will see how many teams are interested in Sammie just for being Sammie.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but I noticed no one touched the DE on the play which almost killed sam. I was joking about the 1vs 11 thing but it did seem like it sometimes.

In that play versus AZ close to our goal-line: It's the DE on a play-action pass Coug. The RB is running through the O-line and the QB has to SELL the play and make him bite. Not only did the DE not bite on the run, a safety and CB also read the play as PA as well. So it wasnt just the O-line who screwed up. Sam tends to telegraph where he's going and isn't smart enough to throw off defenses. Either way, you throw it away in that situation. That's the difference between a good QB that can make reads and adjust very quickly (throw it away) and an average QB that is just a step too slow and is always behind the defense.

Something else Sam needs to work on. :lol:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Bradford is one of my favorite quarterbacks coming out," Shanahan said. "I think the world of him. How talented he is, how he handles himself. And it's just a matter of time, when they get a supporting cast around him where he feels comfortable with everybody, (until) he'll just light it up.

The Redskins and Rams also briefly discussed a trade involving Bradford before moving on to discussions centered around Griffin,

according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Rams were locked in on Bradford. I don't know if they ever made an offer but they wouldn't have took it anyway imo. But the
Lions might have because they already had a QB.

Coug, you keep bringing this article up, but you didn't really read it or comprehend what he was saying like you always do!

Nowhere does it say he would have taken him or he's the next best thing since Manning! I'm sure he would have taken Him, but your article says ""ONE" of my favorite QB's coming out", that to me says he had more than one favorite QB coming out? But of course you will come back and say something like , "well he meant Sammie was his favorite"

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we might just see that Smed. Davis has been offered a one-year contract and if wins the job in camp outright, then we will see how many teams are interested in Sammie just for being Sammie.
I think if Sammie is still with us, he starts whether he plays better or not, I'm fine with that as long as he preforms! But as I said earlier, whether Davis or anybody else looks good, Fisher will stick with Sammie, just as he did with Wells, Joseph, Long, and Hill.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that play versus AZ close to our goal-line: It's the DE on a play-action pass Coug. The RB is running through the O-line and the QB has to SELL the play and make him bite. Not only did the DE not bite on the run, a safety and CB also read the play as PA as well. So it wasnt just the O-line who screwed up. Sam tends to telegraph where he's going and isn't smart enough to throw off defenses. Either way, you throw it away in that situation. That's the difference between a good QB that can make reads and adjust very quickly (throw it away) and an average QB that is just a step too slow and is always behind the defense.

Something else Sam needs to work on. :lol:

He also had another couple seconds, could have faked the pass to get him in the air and side stepped him, but he doesn't have that in his repertoire either?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also had another couple seconds, could have faked the pass to get him in the air and side stepped him, but he doesn't have that in his repertoire either?

Shit the whole team read that play. Worst thing you can do is throw close to the LOS.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smed i said any team that needed a QB in that draft would have took him #1. He was the clear cut #1 QB and would be in most drafts coming out of college.
Coug, you keep bringing this article up, but you didn't really read it or comprehend what he was saying like you always do!

Nowhere does it say he would have taken him or he's the next best thing since Manning! I'm sure he would have taken Him, but your article says ""ONE" of my favorite QB's coming out", that to me says he had more than one favorite QB coming out? But of course you will come back and say something like , "well he meant Sammie was his favorite"

what?? did you read it. it says he had conversations with sam. sam even thought the redskins were going to get him. Shanahan wanted him in 2012 too but the rams wouldn't trade him so the redskins went with rg3.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oh yeah I'm sure he had time for some pump fakes lol. his td/int ratio is still good. 59/38 on one of the worst offensive teams ever.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe on that play Bradford could have rolled up in a ball and started crying. Or maybe he could have shook loose and run for a TD. Oh, Oh maybe he could have thrown a bullet right at the DEs nuts like in the movies. That would have been cool. Jeez!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe on that play Bradford could have rolled up in a ball and started crying. Or maybe he could have shook loose and run for a TD. Oh, Oh maybe he could have thrown a bullet right at the DEs nuts like in the movies. That would have been cool. Jeez!

all of those plays would have been better haha.