• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See LTR, you can't argue with Coug, at least about his boy Sammie. If we had Tom Brady in his prime, Coug would have still wanted us to draft Sammie, because, dammit he's just that dam good, gotta have him!

Smed I could careless if they cut him tomorrow if they had someone better? But that seems to be the problem no can do it better then Samie baby!! :clap:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams tendered a 1-year league minimum offer to Austin Davis and Corey Harkey, two RFAs. Apparently Davis has earned another shot.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams tendered a 1-year league minimum offer to Austin Davis and Corey Harkey, two RFAs. Apparently Davis has earned another shot.

I saw that too. I think they were talking to Hill too. I think the Vikes are talking to him also

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smed I could careless if they cut him tomorrow if they had someone better? But that seems to be the problem no can do it better then Samie baby!! :clap:

Ya right! That's why you own every picture EVER taken of your boy Sammie:)

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize 31 teams pick after #1 right? So of course there will be more QB's taken with all the other teams to increase the odds of success by a high number. But that doesn't mean you don't take one at #1 when you are forced to pick there.

Your odds of getting a franchise QB do increase after pick one, thank you for making my point!!! That's exactly why you don't reach when you need a QB and have the #1 overall pick, you take the BPA regardless of position or you trade the pick.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as I'm concerned, he has at least "earned" what he is being paid!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sure hope we also plan on bringing in someone else with experience and I don't mean an ancient Shaun Hill

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your odds of getting a franchise QB do increase after pick one, thank you for making my point!!! That's exactly why you don't reach when you need a QB and have the #1 overall pick, you take the BPA regardless of position or you trade the pick.

They don't increase. you just have 31 teams picking vs 1 at #1. so your going to have around 12 QB's per draft so the success rate should be higher. but when you have the first pick that doesn't help you. you can't plan on getting a QB in the 3rd or 4th rd can you??

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't increase. you just have 31 teams picking vs 1 at #1. so your going to have around 12 QB's per draft so the success rate should be higher. but when you have the first pick that doesn't help you. you can't plan on getting a QB in the 3rd or 4th rd can you??

If you have a good scouting department, yes you can get a QB later in the draft or at least later in the first round or early second. Of course, the year Bradford was drafted the entire QB class was weak, which unfortunately made Bradford look even better in comparison.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they are not talking with Hill. They have other concerns in the RFA category namely Barnes.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is the only QB outside of Sammie that has been offered a contract. The other QB or maybe two of them will come from the draft and possibly another unsigned player. Hill's tenure with us appears to be done unless things change after the FA period.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is the only QB outside of Sammie that has been offered a contract. The other QB or maybe two of them will come from the draft and possibly another unsigned player. Hill's tenure with us appears to be done unless things change after the FA period.

I sure hope we bring in more than Davis and a rookie as competition. We really need to be prepared if Bradford's knee can't hold up and I'm not sure another season of Austin Davis is the answer. A rookie is rarely the answer, so that's not much help. Just leaves a veteran free agent. However, the pickings are slim and the guys available will probably get more money than they deserve with so few options. Really not a good position for us to be in, for a change...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you stated LTRF42, the pickings are thin and we won't have much cap space. We may have to go with Davis again if Sammie gets hurt or fails. The rook they get in the draft will be in the mix. Whether that his Petty, Hundley, or Mannion is anybody's guess at this juncture.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a bad idea to bring in culter for vets min?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cutler is under contract with the Bears unless I missed them cutting him. He makes more then Sam anyway. I think we just need to bite the bullet this year and bet on Sam. If it doesn't work out we will be free and clear of his contract next year and have all of our draft picks to move up if necessary to grab a QB. The FA class will be better next year too. I want 3 starters with those first 3 picks this year. Then we should have a solid team for sure going into 16

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not so sure he'd accept that from our team. I keep thinking he's going to end up with someone like the Jets and reunite with Brandon Marshall.
Cutler is under contract with the Bears unless I missed them cutting him. He makes more then Sam anyway. I think we just need to bite the bullet this year and bet on Sam. If it doesn't work out we will be free and clear of his contract next year and have all of our draft picks to move up if necessary to grab a QB. The FA class will be better next year too. I want 3 starters with those first 3 picks this year. Then we should have a solid team for sure going into 16

Latest word is, either Cutler gets traded to Tenn. or he gets released by the Bears. He'll likely be cut. I can't imagine Tennessee trading for that contract.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill be surprised if they cut him. like the rams they don't really have a better option. yeah i don't see any one taking on that contract. looking at cutlers contract I'm not sure they can cut him. it shows 19m in dead money if they do. if they cut him next year 2016 it would only be 3m in dead money

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill be surprised if they cut him. like the rams they don't really have a better option. yeah i don't see any one taking on that contract.

Supposedly its a done deal. Either a trade to Tenn(or someone else, but no one else is interested at his cap number) or get cut, only two options. Chicago is starting over with John Fox and getting rid of the big contracts to open cap room.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But of course, what they say is a done deal today, could completely change tomorrow.

Have you been reading about what some of his former coaches are saying about him? anonymously of course lol. They're saying he has no leadership skills, didn't run the offense properly even though he knew what he was supposed to do and isn't a positive influence in the locker room, ouch!!!!