• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is wrong with you, oh never mind I probably don't have that much time:)

No, it won't be good enough for me if he regressed the next year or gets hurt the next year, he needs to put a couple of back to back years together, they don't have to be great, hey what about if he just had two years of being on the field. We've already been through two years where he was ok, in separate years. What aren't you getting here, so what if he has a decent to good next year, if he follows it up with a bad or injury filled year?

If he has any kind of decent year next year, we maybe make the playoffs, odds of making Super Bowl, probably not yet! Now if he follows that up with a bad or injury filled year, that just sets us back, yet again! So, yes he "needs " to have two decent to good years back to back for me to fall in love with him, is that really that hard to understand?

Do you even see what I'm saying? Probably not, because you have become content with Sammie playing a year here or there, I guess when you love someone so much, that's good enough!

Are you saying if we make the playoffs, or maybe make the super bowl that still doesn't prove he's a quality QB??

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Come on man they were at the end of their careers. The 49ers traded smith with CK coming on to the scene. Try again.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't know, Farve, Montana, Alex Smith ( eve though I don't think he's all that good, he has a least proven himself, I think he was like 19-5 or something his last years with SF) those are 3 guys off the top of my head! I'm sure if I did some digging some more would pop up!
Hey with Sam injuries, I don't know a single Rams fan who wouldn't be for trading Bradford if we had a Rodgers, a Young and probably even a Kaepernick waiting in the wings!

Very poor examples... You probably should dig deeper.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Smead, you know this ain't true!

He was great his rookie season compared to rookie QB's who preceded him and you give him zero credit for that season. He was also having a pretty good year the year he tore his ACL but the knock was the teams wins and loss record and lack of deep throws.

The fact is, we have been an awful team for years prior to Fisher coming to town and playing in the toughest division in Football.
Since that time we have been the youngest teams two years running with talent and experience finally making some headway last year. Now that the pieces are much closer, a healthy Sam will impress most, just not you.

Well Vita, maybe my expectations are higher than others, I don't think I ever said he sucked his rookie year, ya he had a good year, great, "i" don't think so! I will concede that I think the Rams tried to put him in a situation where he could succeed! They had a lot of short passes called, but at the Sam time I think Sammie became use to that and with any kind of pressure he would check down, he did it a lot! As a few
posters in here had also noticed" Ya, he put up pretty good numbers for a rookie , but he also threw the damn ball more than Warner ever did. Ya his receivers weren't as good as Warners, but he had a pretty damn good running back in Jackson, who was still pretty good then, and was an all pro that year! For throwing the ball almost 600 times, his yards and TD were good, not great by any means! Completing 60% of your passes anymore is average, as far as I'm concerned it's below average if you throw as many short passes as he did!

RGIII put up better stats his rookie year and they made the playoffs, now before you or Coug come in and say he was on a better team, he had a rookie running back, he was also sacked only 4 less times in 200 less pass attempts. He didn't have one WR who caught at least 50 passes! That to me is a better rookie year than Sammie!

Last edited:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Come on man they were at the end of their careers. The 49ers traded smith with CK coming on to the scene. Try again.
Really you are going to get rid of your QB that has a 19-5 record for you and throws less interceptions than your boy Sammie anymore. Both Favre and Montana had productive years after they were traded.

You asked, what teams trade away good QB' s but now you have stipulations in your question? And those were off the top of my
head. I could look into it for you, but Im not going to waste my time, it does happen!

Sam my or may not be good, no one knows, they can only speculate or think that maybe he would be if he ever played. So as far as them trading him, the question of them trading a good QB is questionable at best!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey with Sam injuries, I don't know a single Rams fan who wouldn't be for trading Bradford if we had a Rodgers, a Young and probably even a Kaepernick waiting in the wings!

Hey, I said those were just examples off the top of my head, and Coug is the one that yet again said teams don't trade good QB's. Are you saying they aren't good QB's?

Without digging, just thought of Drew Brees, I guess that's a poor example too?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking one coach's opinion on a guy he's never met and worked with is definitely stretching the matter way beyond its context. If 99% of the NFL believes Sammie has the skills Weinke outlined, then where are the many offers for his services. Never mind, the Ram's FO is filtering them so we can keep Sammie. I get it.

Exactly!! Multiple reports are saying the Rams have received zero calls about Sam Bradford. Not a single NFL team has any interest in the guy at his current cap number. That should say it all right there.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!! Multiple reports are saying the Rams have received zero calls about Sam Bradford. Not a single NFL team has any interest in the guy at his current cap number. That should say it all right there.

I will agree with Vita and the Coug, here, there is probably interest from a couple teams, at this point it is only interest, obviously not for the price Sammies agent thinks he should get!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree with Vita and the Coug, here, there is probably interest from a couple teams, at this point it is only interest, obviously not for the price Sammies agent thinks he should get!

That's why I had "at his current cap number" in there. Not saying there's no interest in him at all, of course there would be, but not at his current salary.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I'm not saying Sammie doesn't have talent, obviously everyone in the NFL has talent, the couple years Sammie actually played he was alright , nothing great, and I'm fine with him being an average Trent Dilfer type QB that can put a couple of years together, at this point, I think that's all we need at QB. Sammie healthy might be that guy, I'm just saying I will believe it when he puts back to back years together! This one step forward two steps back production that we have been getting isn't cutting it!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Vita, maybe my expectations are higher than others, I don't think I ever said he sucked his rookie year, ya he had a good year, great, "i" don't think so! I will concede that I think the Rams tried to put him in a situation where he could succeed! They had a lot of short passes called, but at the Sam time I think Sammie became use to that and with any kind of pressure he would check down, he did it a lot! As a few
posters in here had also noticed" Ya, he put up pretty good numbers for a rookie , but he also threw the damn ball more than Warner ever did. Ya his receivers weren't as good as Warners, but he had a pretty damn good running back in Jackson, who was still pretty good then, and was an all pro that year! For throwing the ball almost 600 times, his yards and TD were good, not great by any means! Completing 60% of your passes anymore is average, as far as I'm concerned it's below average if you throw as many short passes as he did!

RGIII put up better stats his rookie year and they made the playoffs, now before you or Coug come in and say he was on a better team, he had a rookie running back, he was also sacked only 4 less times in 200 less pass attempts. He didn't have one WR who caught at least 50 passes! That to me is a better rookie year than Sammie!

Have you ever consider the reason why he checked out a lot was maybe because his offense of line couldn't pass block?? And the fact they didn't have a deep threat receiver? All defenses had to do was key on SJ. Yet Sam still had a good year as a rookie.

RG3.. you mean the rookie running back Morris who avg 4 yds a carry? Which is more then SJ did. You mean the RG3 that Sam beat in a head to head game? Whatever.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rams have made it clear that they aren't trading him so I wouldn't think they would get to many calls.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever consider the reason why he checked out a lot was maybe because his offense of line couldn't pass block?? And the fact they didn't have a deep threat receiver? All defenses had to do was key on SJ. Yet Sam still had a good year as a rookie.

RG3.. you mean the rookie running back Morris who avg 4 yds a carry? Which is more then SJ did. You mean the RG3 that Sam beat in a head to head game? Whatever.

Oh did the NFL become the WW NFL, I didnt know that Sammie and RgIII were going one on one. Ya a rookie running back, teams had to play to defend against both the run and pass. Ok go ahead and rip on Jackson, a guy that has at least proven himself. You want to use the oline as an excuse for Sammie, but Jackson is running behind that same oline and facing 8 in the box, I don't know to many RB's that would even average 3.8.

Bottom line RGIII helped get them to the playoffs with not as great of a team that you think he supposedly had!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Vita, maybe my expectations are higher than others, I don't think I ever said he sucked his rookie year, ya he had a good year, great, "i" don't think so! I will concede that I think the Rams tried to put him in a situation where he could succeed! They had a lot of short passes called, but at the Sam time I think Sammie became use to that and with any kind of pressure he would check down, he did it a lot! As a few posters in here had also noticed" Ya, he put up pretty good numbers for a rookie , but he also threw the damn ball more than Warner ever did. Ya his receivers weren't as good as Warners, but he had a pretty damn good running back in Jackson, who was still pretty good then, and was an all pro that year! For throwing the ball almost 600 times, his yards and TD were good, not great by any means!

Of course you wouldn't think so, that was the point.

Just look at his rookie year!

Even though you were saying you would give Sam credit if he had a good season, you and I both know you discounted his rookie season on numerous occasions. And if you can't differentiate between the team Bradford took over and the Team Griffin took over this convo is useless.

It was night and day and not to mention the Skins played in a much weaker division and the league was in the first year adjusting to run option QB's coming out of College. The league had to change the rules about hitting a QB because roughing the passer was yielding first downs left and right! Oh how we forget those little details.

So if you're brave, EXPAND the quote below and let's take a look at some of the highlights that make his rookie season great and not just good.

He competed for the starting quarterback position with Feeley and on September 4, Bradford was named the starting quarterback for the 2010 season opener.

On September 12, 2010, in his first regular season game as the starting quarterback for the Rams, Bradford completed 32/55 passes for 253 yards, 1 touchdown and 3 interceptions. The Arizona Cardinals won 17–13. His first NFL touchdown came on a 1-yard pass to Laurent Robinson. Two weeks later, he then achieved his first victory as an NFL starter when the Rams defeated the Washington Redskins in an upset by a score of 30–16, which snapped a 13-game overall home losing streak. (Wow The 13 game home losing streak! Was Griffin faced with anything like that?) next week, he passed for 289 yards and two TDs in leading the Rams over the Seahawks, 20-3. This was their first win in a division game since November 2007. (Wow since Nov of 2007! Was Griffin faced with anything like that?)

In week 8 against the Carolina Panthers, Bradford connected on 25 of 32 passes, two of them for touchdowns. (Wow that's a GREAT game for a rookie in his 8th start in the pros! Those are stats Griffin would be proud of his rookie year, even with the protections the league gave him with the run option QB's that year.) In his first eight games he scored eleven TD's, which tied an NFL record—held by Dan Marino (1983), Peyton Manning (1998) and Ben Roethlisberger (2004) (Wow, do you know these fellas Smead? Not bad company eh? Was Griffin able to join him?)—for over that span by a rookie since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970. Bradford went 3-2 as a starter in October, passing for 1019 yards and 7 TD's against 3 INT's. (Wow, not bad for a rookie pocket QB) He was named the NFL's offensive rookie of the month.

During October and November, he established a record for most consecutive passes without an interception for a rookie (169) (Wow, I wonder if Griffin or any rookie QB has broke this record? That's amazing considering all the greats who came before him!), which ended with an interception by William Moore in a home game against the Atlanta Falcons on November 21. On November 28, 2010, against the Denver Broncos, Bradford became the first rookie in NFL history to pass for at least 300 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions during a road victory. (Wow the first ever! I wonder if Griffin or any rookie QB has broke this record either? Again, that's amazing considering all the greats who came before him!) He capped November by becoming the first rookie QB to win two consecutive Offensive Rookie of the Month awards. (Wow, again another first!! Again I wonder if Griffin or any rookie QB has broke this record either? And again, it's amazing considering all the greats who came before him!)

On December 26, Bradford surpassed Peyton Manning's record for most completed passes by an NFL rookie quarterback (326). (Wow, he PASSED who again? Did Griffin or any rookie QB since?) Bradford finished the season with 354 completions out of 590 attempts, surpassing Manning's record of 575 for most attempts by an NFL rookie quarterback. (Wow, another Peyton record falls to Bradford) Bradford became just the third rookie quarterback to start all 16 regular season games and pass over 3000 passing yards, joining Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan. (Wow, 3000 rookie passing yards and 16 games! Griffin couldn't pass for as many yards nor start as many games. The QB run option that helped him with his QBR, bit him in the ass!)
RGIII had a great rookie season but so did Sam so don't kid yourself. Besides, Bradford had shit to work with except for Jackson who couldn't make it into the end zone for his life!

Last edited:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hello, hello is anybody there? I believe I've said that the Rams designed a lot of short passes for him, but than he started doing it a lot when he got any kind of pressure. Do you read any other posts or just your own? Posters in here have mentioned Sammie being "Bulgerized" why do they say that, because they arent blinded by your unconditional love for Sammie. They have seen the quick dump offs at the scent of any pressure.

Now before you get all goo goo ga ga over me mentioning, not comparing, Sammie to the likes Rodgers or Warner, they both got hammered alot, but they got rid of the ball at the last possible second, Sammie does it at the hint of pressure.

But you keep putting it all on the oline if it helps get you through the day! There are alot of QB's that get hammered a lot more than Sammie does and they are actually getting the job done!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap. Good read man. I had no idea he did all that for real. But how would another NFL team see he has potential and want them on there team?

Even though you were saying you would give Sam credit if he had a good season, you and I both know you discounted his rookie season on numerous occasions. And if you can't differentiate between the team Bradford took over and the Team Griffin took over this convo is useless.

It was night and day and not to mention the Skins played in a much weaker division and the league was in the first year adjusting to run option QB's coming out of College. The league had to change the rules about hitting a QB because roughing the passer was yielding first downs left and right! Oh how we forget those little details.

So if you're brave, EXPAND the quote below and let's take a look at some of the highlights that make his rookie season great and not just good.

RGIII had a great rookie season but so did S:scratch:am so don't kid yourself. Besides, Bradford had shit to work with except for Jackson who couldn't make it into the end zone for his life!

Holy crap! I didn't know a lot of that for real. It will still go over Smeds head. :noidea:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even though you were saying you would give Sam credit if he had a good season, you and I both know you discounted his rookie season on numerous occasions. And if you can't differentiate between the team Bradford took over and the Team Griffin took over

this convo is useless.

RGIII had a great rookie season but so did Sam so don't kid yourself. Besides, Bradford had shit to work with except for Jackson who couldn't make it into the end zone for his life!

Don't kid yourself Vita, The Skins weren't an offensive juggernaut, they were ranked 26th in the league the year before RGIII got their, then they were 4th his first year, with a rookie RB on top of it!
Sammie took them from 32nd all the way to 26 his first year!

As far as Sammie playing in a tougher division, ya, the west was down that year, SEATTLE BEAT THE rams out with the tie breaker and won the devision with a 7-9 record, ya the top two teams in that division
WER 7-9, I wouldn't say that was the toughest division! Both Dallas and The NYG were better than that but they still didn't beat out the skins!

As far as Sammies first win, you have to win sometime, most rookie QB's are going to play on bad teams, they are going to eventually get their first win against somebody, sometimes it's even against teams that are better than them! Did you catch the part in your article that said "upset" , that means things happen sometimes!

Alright, Sammie had a great rookie year, does that make you guys feel better, he had a good rookie year, RGIII had a "good" year, nothing great about either!

I know the difference between good and great. Sammie had a good freshman year in college, he had a great sophomore season, he had a good rookie year in the NFL. Do you see how that works?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the difference between good and great. Sammie had a good freshman year in college, he had a great sophomore season, he had a good rookie year in the NFL. Do you see how that works?
:L
Actually he had a 'great' freshman year in college.

He had a Heisman winning year his sophomore year.

You should look at his merits as a redshirt freshman, it was pretty damn impressive!

LOL Smead, you're just blinded by the hate. :dhd:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't kid yourself Vita, The Skins weren't an offensive juggernaut, they were ranked 26th in the league the year before RGIII got their, then they were 4th his first year, with a rookie RB on top of it!
Sammie took them from 32nd all the way to 26 his first year!

As far as Sammie playing in a tougher division, ya, the west was down that year, SEATTLE BEAT THE rams out with the tie breaker and won the devision with a 7-9 record, ya the top two teams in that division
WER 7-9, I wouldn't say that was the toughest division! Both Dallas and The NYG were better than that but they still didn't beat out the skins!

As far as Sammies first win, you have to win sometime, most rookie QB's are going to play on bad teams, they are going to eventually get their first win against somebody, sometimes it's even against teams that are better than them! Did you catch the part in your article that said "upset" , that means things happen sometimes!

Alright, Sammie had a great rookie year, does that make you guys feel better, he had a good rookie year, RGIII had a "good" year, nothing great about either!

Hey, Robert had a great season, one of the best ever for a rookie (Assisted by unique circumstances and NFL rules unwarrantedly protecting the run option QB's (Evident by the rule change) and DC's trying to catch up to run option QB play.

Besides, I never said he wasn't on a bad team but the only way you are on a team worse than 32, which the Rams were as you pointed out, is to be on a historical bad team.

It is no secret that the Rams were the worst team in professional sports EVER over a 5 year period prior to Sam's arrival in 2010. :L

WORST TEAM IN ANY SPORT EVER OVER A 5 YEAR TIME FRAME!

DAMN, that's coming to a bad team!!!!

Griffin had a great rookie year with a poor team the year prior, Sam had a great rookie year with the worst team in sports EVER over a 5 year period.

Your standards aren't high, you are maybe but not your standards.... :pound:

Your standards are skewed!

Last edited:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Robert had a great season, one of the best ever for a rookie (Assisted by unique circumstances and NFL rules unwarrantedly protecting the run option QB's (Evident by the rule change) and DC's trying to catch up to run option QB play.

Besides, I never said he wasn't on a bad team but the only way you are on a team worse than 32, which the Rams were as you pointed out, is to be on a historical bad team.

It is no secret that the Rams were the worst team in professional sports EVER over a 5 year period prior to Sam's arrival in 2010. :L

WORST TEAM IN ANY SPORT EVER OVER A 5 YEAR TIME FRAME!

DAMN, that's coming to a bad team!!!!

Griffin had a great rookie year with a poor team the year prior, Sam had a great rookie year with the worst team in sports EVER over a 5 year period.

Your standards aren't high, you are maybe but not your standards.... :pound:

Your standards are skewed!

Ya, but let's overlook the defense in all of this, the Rams had the 12th rated defense Sammies rookie year, so Im thinking that helped the offense out and was a bigger reason the Rams went 7-9 that year! No doubt Sammie had a"good" year and helped, but the defense also played a big part in Sammie and the Rams having that good year.

Redskins D was average , if that, at best, that doesn't help your offense! You can talk all you want about the rule changes on QB's Sammie has never had to worry about being hit anywhere outside of the pocket:)lol That also didnt deter the defense sacking him 4 times less than Sammie in 200 less pass attempts!