• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are the only club with no cap carry-over from 2014. Their present cap space is just a paltry $71,950 compared to Jacksonville who has a whopping $61 mil and change. This means the Rams are going to have to cut some salaries. If you don't understand cap carry-over here's the link that explains it and the likely salaries to go out the door. The Rams could also help themselves by getting rid of Joseph as well.

Rams only team with no 2014 cap carryover - St. Louis Rams Blog - ESPN

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they show Wells and Joseph the door. Smed is right on this one. They both got consistently beat when they were in there and teams capitalized on it the further we went into the season.

I know they both sucked but Smed thinks we have a couple all pros siting on the bench that Fish won't put in because he's too stubborn or some BS like that. Fisher didn't even put it in Robinson as a starter untill the six game because he didn't feel he was ready. he took a lot of heat for that but there has to be a reason why he wasn't playing. maybe the bench guys don't know the plays as good or can't pick up the stunts. They see all this in practice that's my guess. Smed thinks if you throw Them in a real game time situation that they somehow Are just going to get it. :L. That's how you get other players hurt when you don't have the right personnel in there.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they both sucked but Smed thinks we have a couple all pros siting on the bench that Fish won't put in because he's too stubborn or some BS like that. Fisher didn't even put it in Robinson as a starter untill the six game because he didn't feel he was ready. he took a lot of heat for that but there has to be a reason why he wasn't playing. maybe the bench guys don't know the plays as good or can't pick up the stunts. They see all this in practice that's my guess. Smed thinks if you throw Them in a real game time situation that they somehow Are just going to get it. :L. That's how you get other players hurt when you don't have the right personnel in there.

Coug please tell me where I EVER said we had a couple of All Pros on our bench! Oh that's right I never said that. This is the part you just don't get! WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE HAVE OR HOW GOOD THEY ARE UNLESS WE LET THEM PLAY! Why is that such a hard concept for you to grasp?

You don't know that Fisher did or didn't feel Robinson was ready before game 6, Fisher has a habit of playing veterans, and sticking with them whether they are preforming or not(Wells/Joseph)! As far as players not knowing the plays or "picking up the stunts" the guys he had in there weren't doing that!

And again, where did I EVER say if you just throw them in a real game time situation that they would just some how get it? Oh that's right, I didn't! I said one more time for you, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE UNTIL YOU LET THEM PLAY!

And to your point if you don't have the right personnel in there, that's how you get players hurt, duh we lead or are close to leading the league in players getting hurt right now, so evidently WE DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT PLAYERS IN THERE NOW!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't believe Fisher was involved anymore in the process than inquiring or deferring if you will, to whatever Paul Boudreau thought best for his unit.

JMO though.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug please tell me where I EVER said we had a couple of All Pros on our bench! Oh that's right I never said that. This is the part you just don't get! WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE HAVE OR HOW GOOD THEY ARE UNLESS WE LET THEM PLAY! Why is that such a hard concept for you to grasp?

You don't know that Fisher did or didn't feel Robinson was ready before game 6, Fisher has a habit of playing veterans, and sticking with them whether they are preforming or not(Wells/Joseph)! As far as players not knowing the plays or "picking up the stunts" the guys he had in there weren't doing that!

And again, where did I EVER say if you just throw them in a real game time situation that they would just some how get it? Oh that's right, I didn't! I said one more time for you, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE UNTIL YOU LET THEM PLAY!

And to your point if you don't have the right personnel in there, that's how you get players hurt, duh we lead or are close to leading the league in players getting hurt right now, so evidently WE DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT PLAYERS IN THERE NOW!
One thing we do know about the 21 year old LT, he was raw and while a great run blocker at Auburn he had a lot to learn in pass blocking at the Pro level. I think I remember reading G-Rob had some foot work issues he was working on for Pass blocking situations. That is a common flaw and basic fundamental skill necessary for next level talent after playing in a run dominated system like they had at Auburn.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing we do know about the 21 year old LT, he was raw and while a great run blocker at Auburn he had a lot to learn in pass blocking at the Pro level. I think I remember reading G-Rob had some foot work issues he was working on for Pass blocking situations. That is a common flaw and basic fundamental skill necessary for next level talent after playing in a run dominated system like they had at Auburn.

Oh I agree Vita, but you can learn that on the "run". What we had in there all year wasn't working, let them play and learn, that's how it works sometimes, he is still young, if he had a bad game than you could see what he needed to work on and improve the next game and the next game. Some guys just regressed or stayed the same all year, we saw the same guys get beat, not be able to run/pass block, and commit the same penalties!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing that this is our most popular thread.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree Vita, but you can learn that on the "run". What we had in there all year wasn't working, let them play and learn, that's how it works sometimes, he is still young, if he had a bad game than you could see what he needed to work on and improve the next game and the next game. Some guys just regressed or stayed the same all year, we saw the same guys get beat, not be able to run/pass block, and commit the same penalties!
Hey buddy, I'll concede that to Paul B!

He is a master at installing an OL unit that over performs.

All due respect, I would think he would know better before any of us.

As I said before, I think Fisher concedes too!

Besides that, you can ruin a rookie by putting him in before he is ready and as the high round draft pick that he was, that aspect alone needed to be protected.

Can you really disagree with that?

We can't afford another Jason Smith.

:nod:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't believe Fisher was involved anymore in the process than inquiring or deferring if you will, to whatever Paul Boudreau thought best for his unit.

JMO though.

Exactly. but im not about to try to explain to smead that there are other coaches on the team with input.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised, it is a thread for the thick skinned and anything, within the SportsHoopla guidelines of morality, goes.

It's a thread for those who can not only dish it out but can take it.

Most Rams posters here, as the seasoned posters we are, reside in that category.

Some need to 'beware' as retro has warned!

:suds:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. but im not about to try to explain to smead that there are other coaches on the team with input.

That's because you don't need to explain that to me Cougie!, I understand that there are other coaches, I also understand that they go off of what they see in practice, but when you continually see what you ARE NOT GETTING, in real games, you need to, oh I don't know, maybe try something else!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's because it's to easy to disagree with what some people have to say, we all have our own opinions about what the Rams should and shouldn't be doing, and it's just to easy to let some unflattering word or comment out, and then people get their feelings hurt. Me I don't give a shit what people say to me, but I understand where some people get tired of it because sometimes that's all it gets to be, a bitch session!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey buddy, I'll concede that to Paul B!

He is a master at installing an OL unit that over performs.

All due respect, I would think he would know better before any of us.

As I said before, I think Fisher concedes too!

Besides that, you can ruin a rookie by putting him in before he is ready and as the high round draft pick that he was, that aspect alone needed to be protected.

Can you really disagree with that?

We can't afford another Jason Smith.

Yes, Vita, I will concede the fact that they know more than I do, some of these guys have been around the game longer than some of the fans in here, and it is their whole life! Doesn't necessarily mean some of them don't really have a clue! Some of them I don't understand how they got to where they are, let alone how they stay there!

As far as Jason Smith,or even Alex Barron , I don't necessarily think they were bad picks, a lot of teams were high on them, they were both huge offensive lineman, and pretty good in college, unfortunately the Rams are the team that drafted them and it just didn't work out, it happens, probably more than the
average fan thinks?

Hopefully we will draft 2-3 Olineman this coming draft, and 1, if not 2 of them works out, it will be a huge upgrade from this past year.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because you don't need to explain that to me Cougie!, I understand that there are other coaches, I also understand that they go off of what they see in practice, but when you continually see what you ARE NOT GETTING, in real games, you need to, oh I don't know, maybe try something else!

So you want to put the guys in that are getting beat in practice? Not the best option IMO and they don't deserve to be in there if they can't get it done in practice. Like Vita said I think the Oline coach would have a feel for the situation.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want to put the guys in that are getting beat in practice? Not the best option IMO and they don't deserve to be in there if they can't get it done in practice. Like Vita said I think the Oline coach would have a feel for the situation.

Where did you read they were getting beat in practice, please do tell? Sometimes coaches baby younger
Players, sometimes coaches have hard ons for some veterans that have seen their better days, sometimes coaches play players because they are making a butt load of money and they feel that they need to play to justify what they are being paid. As bad as Wells/Joseph were you can't tell me that their backups are way worse, and if they are they don't deserve to even be backups, they should have been cut, because Wells/Joseph are pathetic! PERSON, played better than either one of these stiffs, why wasn't he in there more,oh that's right he was getting beat in practice I guess!

Are you saying Donald probably was getting beat in practice, but all of a sudden he found himself and became rookie of the year? He probably should have been starting from day one. As far as I'm concerned Bailey should be seeing the field before Austin, does Austin have more potential, probably, but it's about results on the field. Its the same with the oline, we weren't getting the "results" from Wells/Joseph, what
part of let's try something else don't you get?

And as I said, why wouldn't you let these guys play in games that we were already out of the game, or in the 4th quarter of games like the Oakland game, again you don't get ANY experience sitting on the bench!

Last edited by a moderator:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG! Smeds been turned into a question mark. You fiends. :D

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may have noticed none of you have any likes. I did this. :evil:

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thoughts on this new SportsHoopla format?