• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so I think I've finally stumbled upon the crust of our differences on almost every topic we disagree.

You apparently think certain aspects of the professional game are 'easy', like in this example of redzone TD's. As opposed, I think most things in this game we both love, are very hard with the 'easy' coming on those rare mismatches and occasions.

If you look at this Harrison pick play, you will see that the Steelers had all 11 in the box. Then at the snap 10 were at the LOS with only Troy no more than 2 yards deep in the end zone. Even though the Cards were in the shot gun, the draw play was covered. After that, some good defense took Kurt's sure fire first ballet HOF bid in an instant. As we all know, that 14 point swing to close the half, was just enough by games end.

Here's a better view of that play...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84503534&v=RqnQwKAI4OE&x-yt-ts=1421914688#t=74

Hey, we don't always disagree! I agree with you that the play call wasn't really that bad, the exucution by Warner was horrendous! Hill did the same thing against SD.

I've seen a ton of wide open receivers when down inside the 2 yard line, and I've seen a ton of TDs on these plays. In Hills and Warners examples they threw into congestion, the plays weren't there! I didn't say it always works, but it does happen quite often, and I'm pretty sure I've seen highlights every weekend this past year of wide open receivers on short TD passes!

I've also seen my fair share of QBs running around the end uncontested after faking the handoff up the middle!
:yahoo:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro QB's find it difficult to throw the ball away in those situations which Warner could have done. Instead, their egos get the better of them and they think they can get the ball in there and be the hero. But as Vita has suggested, last second changes by Harrison may not have given Warner the time to throw the ball away. That is why Wisenhunt should have called a time-out (he had one) and remind Warner or at least give everyone time to think more clearly.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro QB's find it difficult to throw the ball away in those situations which Warner could have done. Instead, their egos get the better of them and they think they can get the ball in there and be the hero. But as Vita has suggested, last second changes by Harrison may not have given Warner the time to throw the ball away. That is why Wisenhunt should have called a time-out (he had one) and remind Warner or at least give everyone time to think more clearly.

Bottom line Retro, even though it was a poor throw and decision by Warner, Harrison should have never ran the ball back 100 yards. I'm sorry, but someone should have caught him, I also think there were a couple of questionable blocks in the back on that return!
Warner should have easily had TWO Super Bowl wins, and maybe THREE, if it wasn't for the "cheaters":suds:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree Smed. Warner should definitely have three rings!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wasn't sure about the timeouts. It wasn't on at least one of those videos I posted but still Retro, don't you think that saving their last timeout to set up a possible field goal try was the right move at the time?

No one knew the ball would be intercepted and go for a TD the other way at the time. Besides that, you have a probable HOF under center too boot.

With hindsight it's clear as day but I would have saved a timeout in that scenario 100 out of 100 times. IMO, on that play, the defense was just better. Pitt made the exact right call and in essence it won them the game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, we don't always disagree! I agree with you that the play call wasn't really that bad, the exucution by Warner was horrendous! Hill did the same thing against SD.

I've seen a ton of wide open receivers when down inside the 2 yard line, and I've seen a ton of TDs on these plays. In Hills and Warners examples they threw into congestion, the plays weren't there! I didn't say it always works, but it does happen quite often, and I'm pretty sure I've seen highlights every weekend this past year of wide open receivers on short TD passes!

I've also seen my fair share of QBs running around the end uncontested after faking the handoff up the middle!
:yahoo:
The point is, when we do disagree, it's usually because you think some aspects of the game are easy and you have a greater expectation with these scenarios in terms of execution and I think the game is much harder and account for the challenges in preforming at a high level.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line Retro, even though it was a poor throw and decision by Warner, Harrison should have never ran the ball back 100 yards. I'm sorry, but someone should have caught him, I also think there were a couple of questionable blocks in the back on that return!
Warner should have easily had TWO Super Bowl wins, and maybe THREE, if it wasn't for the "cheaters":suds:
I'll give you poor decision that much is obvious by the end result but it was not a poor pass, it was (how did you put it?) a 2 yard TD bomb if Harrison actually would have continued with his blitz move.

I'm on the fence about the block in the back at the end of the run. That's the one most people look at. Now is the defender engaged with the Cardinal shoulder prior to the block in the back? If so, a player engaged can't turn his back to the blocker and get a legit block in the back call. Also, I'm not sure if you noticed or not but Fitzgerald catches him from behind and tries to pull him back into the playing field to tackle Harrison but some dumb ass Cards player flies up from behind and knocks him into the end zone trying to assist in the tackle. :L

It looked to me that without that Card player knocking Harrison into the end zone, Fitz may have kept him out and time would have expired and then the Cards are only down 3 instead of the 10 pt deficit it turned out to be at the half.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Vita. A goodly portion of your suggestions are indeed correct. But one has to wonder if, when Warner saw double coverage, did he not have the inclination to throw the ball away knowing full well that the Cards had that FG in their back pocket? That is whu I suggestd a timeout fora huddle. I would like to believe he did and failed but you are absolutely correct about hindsight, being an armchair QB after the fact, and the timeout management.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is my buddy Zeke gone forever? :noidea:
It's been kind of quiet around here...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll have to direct that question to Zeke, Rambunctious. He was asked to take a week vacation to think about his posting tendencies disregarding anything I stated about the the rules that we all agreed upon but he was not banned forever, I guarantee you that. His last post was that he banned himself to "save me the trouble" whatever that meant and remains to be elucidated by him and him only. He never bothered to wait around for an explanation. He just bolted. So if you have a way to contact him through personal information, by all means let him know he is not banned forever. Other than that I don't know when he'll decide to return.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is, when we do disagree, it's usually because you think some aspects of the game are easy and you have a greater expectation with these scenarios in terms of execution and I think the game is much harder and account for the challenges in preforming at a high level.

By poor throw" I mean it shouldn't have been thrown! As far as the game being easy, no it's not, but sometimes, especially with the Rams, they seem to make things harder than they should be. It just seems that there are some teams that have guys wide open on those plays and they seem to do it pretty consistently.

Point is the game "can" be easy, Rams have the ball at SD's 2 yard line, or whatever it was, and you've been running the ball fairly well and you call a pass play over the middle where it's congested, I don't see where me expecting you to pound the ball at least twice there is having "greater expectations" to me that's an "easy" call to make when you are running the ball well.

And maybe you think things are harder and more complex than they actually are. I will agree that most successful plays are going to come down to execution, the good teams are the ones that exucute, and obviously the Rams struggle with that!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By poor throw" I mean it shouldn't have been thrown! As far as the game being easy, no it's not, but sometimes, especially with the Rams, they seem to make things harder than they should be. It just seems that there are some teams that have guys wide open on those plays and they seem to do it pretty consistently.

Point is the game "can" be easy, Rams have the ball at SD's 2 yard line, or whatever it was, and you've been running the ball fairly well and you call a pass play over the middle where it's congested, I don't see where me expecting you to pound the ball at least twice there is having "greater expectations" to me that's an "easy" call to make when you are running the ball well.

And maybe you think things are harder and more complex than they actually are. I will agree that most successful plays are going to come down to execution, the good teams are the ones that exucute, and obviously the Rams struggle with that!
Maybe you and Shottie are more alike than you want to admit. I mean why run the ball when you have an 'easy 2 yard bomb'? :whistle:

Now if it were me, there is no way I'm throwing the ball with all the time the Rams had left prior to the Hill INT.

I'm running it on every down until 4th and tying it up for OT if it comes to that. :nod:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Than they actually are? :wtf2:

Look, it's pretty simple, when we disagree, you think things are easy, I think things are hard. Whether it's easier or harder "than they actually are" is debatable.

Good grief you have trouble finding the middle road don't cha?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Than they actually are? :wtf2:

Look, it's pretty simple, when we disagree, you think things are easy, I think things are hard. Whether it's easier or harder "than they actually are" is debatable.

Good grief you have trouble finding the middle road don't cha?

That's the problem with you Vita, you seem to be right all the time, I at least bend a little and I agree that the game is not an easy one, but there are alot of easy TDs whether it's because of good exucution or poor defense. but of course you don't see the wide open guys, or the QB go around the end for an "easy" TD, all you see is that it was hard to get open, but dam it they worked as hard as they could and made it happen, but they somehow did it.

As far as the SD game, I too think they should have ran the ball 4 straight times, but Shotty tends to get cute at the dumbest times. The only problem I have with him deciding to throw the ball there, is Yiu throw it to the end lines where only your guy has a chance for it, not right over the middle where everyone and his brother is

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative bastards.

Maybe this will make u laugh

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dgi2lY62Hto[/ame]

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem with you Vita, you seem to be right all the time, I at least bend a little and I agree that the game is not an easy one, but there are alot of easy TDs whether it's because of good exucution or poor defense. but of course you don't see the wide open guys, or the QB go around the end for an "easy" TD, all you see is that it was hard to get open, but dam it they worked as hard as they could and made it happen, but they somehow did it.

As far as the SD game, I too think they should have ran the ball 4 straight times, but Shotty tends to get cute at the dumbest times. The only problem I have with him deciding to throw the ball there, is Yiu throw it to the end lines where only your guy has a chance for it, not right over the middle where everyone and his brother is

Hello!
clueless.gif

That's not you "bending" and me "claiming to be right", it's exactly the other way around!

I'll try to make it easy for your dumb ass to understand and eliminate the specifics.:lol:

I basically said, I see things "this way" and you see things "that way"

That my friend is seeking middle ground, bending if you will. But no! Not good enough for you.

You had to be right and correct that by saying I see things "more this way" when they actually are "that way". That's not you bending, not even a little. That is you needing to be right!

And maybe you think things are harder and more complex than they actually are.
:L

When you say "than they actually are" it doesn't oppose your opinion 'Mr Bend a Little', it opposes some implied fact that supposedly concurs with your opinion.

Okay Smed, time to post your spin.

Maybe this time you can try to bend a little.

Good luck with that! :pound: