• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardale Jones of Ohio State Buckeyes says he's staying in school - ESPN

And Coug.. It's not hindsight if you were calling for it before it happen. ;)

Funny I heard he was going back on the radio right after you posted that. I don't think its a smart decision though. Tre Mason got almost 3m for going in the 3rd rd last year. I think someone would have took a chance on him. Im all for going to school but if he gets hurt next year man. thats a lot of money. its a gamble.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny I heard he was going back on the radio right after you posted that. I don't think its a smart decision though. Tre Mason got almost 3m for going in the 3rd rd last year. I think someone would have took a chance on him. Im all for going to school but if he gets hurt next year man. thats a lot of money. its a gamble.
I don't know if any one takes a chance on him before the 6th round.

He was the third string QB at Ohio State and only played in a few games last year, I'll be it very big games and he played way over expectations but still only a few College starts.

Besides that, Urban made a Heisman Trophy winner of Tim Tebow and look were he is today.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on Cougs views, I think Seattle should bench Wilson, obviously the league has figured him out!

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y YOU LOVE SEATTLE SO MUCH GOD!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it very interesting that all six of the excellent secondary of Seattle, including a guy who played corner yesterday with a dislocated left elbow for nearly a quarter and a half, were drafted after the
4th round. One or two of them were drafted in the 7th round.

This is clear evidence to support my contention that when you do your homework and proper purpose-based analysis for the draft and FA, your latter rounds and who you sign can be very fruitful. Snead should take that to heart when he states his son has more analysis ability than he does and get off his lazy ass and do a little more past draft data reflection. As an organization, they need to have present and future plans as to what they want to put on the field. It often looks like they have no rhyme nor reason for what they are doing with personnel.

This is why Seattle is where they are and we are always home nearly every year waiting for another draft. Snisher have a tendency to have a blind squirrel, dartboard, reactionary approach to the final product and Seattle has a tendency to have a purpose-driven approach to who they bring into the organization. The results speak for themselves.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is the answer! I just cant remember the question.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is the answer! I just cant remember the question.

Let me help you out Ozark, I think the question was

"who shouldn't be our QB"? :yahoo:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if the Rams are having a problem filling the OC position because they don't have a quarterback? Meaning the Rams don't know what Sam is going to do.. and can't tell the OC who the QB is going to be. If he leaves the choices are slim at QB and not very appealing.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe no one wants to come here because Sammie IS our QB?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe no one wants to come here because Sammie IS our QB?

Umm no. Unlike you people in the NFL know Sam's got the skill set and talent. That's why Fisher and Sneed are here. Did you know Mike Shanahan didn't want RG3 when that trade went down? He wanted Bradford and offered the Rams the exact same deal but the Rams wouldn't do it. It's a huge gamble drafting a quarterback in the draft you just don't know how they're going to turn out. they knew what they had in Sam. Further proof is people are already talking scared of MM and where he might be drafted.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if the Rams are having a problem filling the OC position because they don't have a quarterback? Meaning the Rams don't know what Sam is going to do.. and can't tell the OC who the QB is going to be. If he leaves the choices are slim at QB and not very appealing.
Could also be the uncertainty of the EJD lease situation and where they may end up working in a year or two. :noidea:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could also be the uncertainty of the EJD lease situation and where they may end up working in a year or two. :noidea:

That might be some of it. but I don't see what would be so bad about living in sunny Southern California and being rich. I could deal with that lol.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why Fisher and Sneed are here. Did you know Mike Shanahan didn't want
RG3 when that trade went down? He wanted Bradford and offered the Rams the exact
same deal but the Rams wouldn't do it.

Ok Coug, first off.. Fisher and Sneed came to the Rams to rebuild, liked Sam, but they had a boat load of picks. Don't forget that.

2nd, please send me a link that says Shannahan wanted Bradford over RG3. I know he was at odds with RG3, but RG3 got them to the playoffs in his rookie year with a decent cast.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Coug, first off.. Fisher and Sneed came to the Rams to rebuild, liked Sam, but they had a boat load of picks. Don't forget that.

2nd, please send me a link that says Shannahan wanted Bradford over RG3. I know he was at odds with RG3, but RG3 got them to the playoffs in his rookie year with a decent cast.

Yeah they came here to rebuild but having a quarterback like Bradford they said was a big part of it. They didn't have a boatload of picks when they came? they got a boatload of picks because they already had a quarterback in place and the Redskins were desperate for a quarterback and moved up to get RG3. Fisher and Snead made that trade.

I don't have a link for that but trust me that deal was on the table from the Redskins. And yes that was a big part why Shanahan never was really close to our RG3. Remember this was before Bradfords injuries and sam had his big rookie year.

Personally I think RG3 is going to have a good year this year if they can protect him. He has a cannon arm and I think is pretty accurate. I think if the Rams what up took our RG3 with the second pick back then he would've been killed behind our line in his career probably would've been over.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In January of 2012, Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke hired Jeff Fisher to be the 22nd full-time head coach in franchise history.
Griffin was widely projected to be the No. 2 pick of the draft, but the St. Louis Rams—the team originally holding the pick—had already selected Sam Bradford to be their long-term starting quarterback with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. Wanting to stick with Bradford, the Rams decided to deal the pick prior to the draft, with the Cleveland Browns and Washington Redskins perceived as the most interested bidders. After a brief bidding process, the Redskins acquired the pick by giving the Rams four high-value draft picks over three years: their first-round picks in 2012 (No.6 overall), 2013 (No.22 overall), and 2014 (No.2 overall), as well as their second-round pick (No.39 overall) in 2012.[45]

Fisher came here in early 2012, knowing the Rams had the #2 overall pick and knowing that there was a bidding war for either Andrew Luck or RG3. 4 top picks over 3 years + what the Rams had as pick as well = boat load of picks. That a GM's dream and very helpful to a head coach trying to Re-build. I know you love Sam, but he wasn't worth those 4 picks and nor was Shannahan going to be the one pulling the trigger. It was Snider and we took advantage of his dumbass.